The Scarlet "W" - Page 2

The Scarlet "W"

This is a discussion on The Scarlet "W" within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I carry a variety of weapons, but when referring to what is on my side, I tend to say "firearm".OMO...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: The Scarlet "W"

I carry a variety of weapons, but when referring to what is on my side, I tend to say "firearm".OMO
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Call it whatever you want as far as I'm concerned. I'll tell anyone who tries to correct me and say my weapons should be called something else that they're a moron and they need to get a life.

VIP Member
    Call it what you want, it doesn't change what it is, or how the anti's view it. I own guns, weapons, firearms. What they are called depends on the context of the conversation.

BTW, when I saw the tread title "Scarlett W" I thought someone was talking about an old girlfriend of mine.
    JDE101 likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

I'm another one fed up with the "politically correct" crowd! I call my guns guns, weapons, pistols, revolvers, rifles, shotguns, etc. depending on the context of the conversation and which one I am talking about and to whom I am talking. And generally, I'm not talking to the "sheeple" about any of them anyway.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Some people take weapon to seriously. If I'm attacked and jab someone with a key, then my key is the weapon...a key? See my point?

Goose
    "These days I go down to Wal-Mart and they sell 'em in the back.
    Some people wanna take 'em away, why don't you go bust them boys that's sellin' crack.
    Guns, whether Remingtons 'er Glocks.
    Come on man it ain't like I'm a slingin' 'em on the block." - Justin Moore

Distinguished Member Array dangerranger's Avatar
    How do you prevent a dog from biting you on Monday?....... Kill it on Sunday!

Would you believe that was a line from a beloved Christmas movie? How times have changed! And yes its just PC Crap!

Ill give 10 internet credits to the first one that can identify the movie! DR
    aus71383 likes this.

White Christmas....Danny Kaye.

I can't believe I got this - so much time has passed....

Starting to worry that the internet credits might actually be a bad thing. How many demerits do they expunge?!

Austin

The Scarlett "W"

You see this? This, is my BOOMSTICK!

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Have you asked what is the purpose of the policy? If they are attemping to be more precise becuase of some previous misunderstanding, I could see where it might be useful. Without a reason, it seems overbearing and a waste of effort.
    Last edited by phreddy; December 16th, 2012 at 11:50 AM.

The Scarlett "W"

I hunt and plink with firearms but carry a weapon.

Distinguished Member Array dangerranger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aus71383 View Post
    White Christmas....Danny Kaye.

I can't believe I got this - so much time has passed....

Starting to worry that the internet credits might actually be a bad thing. How many demerits do they expunge?!

Austin
    Ding ding ding! We have a winner! Can you imagine saying that on TV today! You would have protests coming at you from all sides. They used to say If you let them have this tax stamp on machine guns they will leave our other guns alone! Then it was that you need a federally licensed dealer to purchase a gun, but most anyone could get a license. Now its up to your state if you can have that license or not! Steadily giving up something every few years "to keep whats important" is whats getting us into this mess. Don't give in to just be PC... call it what it is. DR

I generally refer to a "firearm" until it's actually needed as a "weapon."

Never really noticed it, but I'm sure in the back of my mind, I'm trying to keep some of my non-firearm-friendly friends away from the "W" word myself.

Meh...
    NRA Life / Endowment UT, FL, IL

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links