Facebook post on what happen in CT. . . - Page 2

Facebook post on what happen in CT. . .

This is a discussion on Facebook post on what happen in CT. . . within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I also saw the following on Facebook and shared because its true: "In any massacre the law-abiding are violated twice. The dead, by the psychos ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Facebook post on what happen in CT. . .

I also saw the following on Facebook and shared because its true:

"In any massacre the law-abiding are violated twice.
    The dead, by the psychos that kill them.
    The living, by the politicians who try to disarm them for the next psycho."

Many disagreed with the quote and were very anti.

It's amazing how people want to hide their head in the sand. Saw many quoting Bloomberg too. I wish there was an unlike button.

ETA: Made sure I clarified I agreed with the quote.
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    CharlesMorri and Dandyone like this.
    G23 w/GTL21, G27, Ruger LCP, & Taurus 617 SS
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Member
    VT Class of '96

Personally, I think neither the issue or the solution involves guns. The gun issue is being attacked because it's low hanging fruit and, lets face it, guns make it very easy for some twisted scumbag to live out their worst fantasy. Let's also not forget that the immediate response was to send good men and women with guns into the situation to try and solve it. Therefore we can rule out the nonsense that guns are evil because they called folks with guns to come help.

Here is my FB post though.

Evil does not come from what is in the hands of a man. Evil comes from what is in the heart of a man. Evil men will do evil with whatever they can get their hands on. Good men will do good what whatever they are given.

If we want to ask hard questions in the coming days lets ask them. Lets look in the mirror as parents and ask ourselves, "What have we planted in the hearts of our children that would make them think it's OK to solve their problems and grievances by murdering innocent people and taking their own life when they are done?" What are we teaching our kids as parents? What are we not teaching our kids? What media are we allowing them to consume and what effect does it have? What are their peers teaching them? Do we try to know or even care? What are our schools teaching or not teaching them?

If we look to government to solve a societal issues it will ultimately fail. We need to look at ourselves, and we need to take action. I'm afraid we have planted seeds in the past that are bearing the worst fruit imaginable. Do everything you can to plant good seeds, that bear good fruit in your children.

Attacking the tool used is a bandaid. And when a bandaid fails the wound is no better off than before. What we are teaching, or not teaching, our children is the answer. Teach them well, bring them up right, hug them, tell them you love them. Be involved, there is not substitute on earth for time invested in your children.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Quote Originally Posted by elrey718 View Post
    This was posted today and I quote:

"
    Why can't people who support gun rights be the only ones shot during these incidents? Don’t misunderstand, I respect people’s right to an opinion in support of gun rights and do not actually wish ill upon them. Especially since I realize that many people I cherish are among this group. I would miss them dearly and aggressively seek justice for them. I just think it's not fair for those of us who don't support gun rights, and our children, to have to face this threat each and every day. We know that over 32, 000 deaths a year occur from gun violence. When researching further, I also find that the defensive use of guns rationale is difficult to attack and equally difficult to defend with statistics being all over the place. (They range from thousands to 2.5 million such uses. With supporting data that finds that most of these uses are themselves illegal (such as during a crime), unwarranted (such as investigating a noise in a backyard to find nothing), used in self defense against unarmed offenders, used during an escalating argument, used proactively to intimidate “offenders” who have not actually posed a threat, or used by police officers confronting armed suspects.)
    The best reason I have heard for keeping guns in private hands is to defend ourselves against a potentially corrupt government, such as in Syria, which was, after all, the original intent behind our "right to bear arms". I don’t know what the answer is to keeping us safe, but access to guns doesn’t seem to be the solution. At the very least, it is the cause of the problem itself. Would it help to give up some privacy rights? Do we need to spend more to secure ourselves against the illegal importation and sale of guns? Are we going to continue down this useless path of criminalization and building of yet more prisons to house the perpetrators? Would more social programs for youth help? Is the status quo simply the best of all the alternatives? Until we figure something else out, we seem to all be in the line of fire. So at least for now, let those who advocate living by the sword, die first.
    (Written from a place of fear, lets talk, I'm willing to change my mind, hopefully you are too)"

Thank you and I hope this is a very active thread.
    I find his post to be revolting. It's offensive in so many ways, I scarcely know where to start. Not only does it speak to his disgusting cowardice, but his suggestion that supporters of CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS be recipients of violent deaths is just over the top. Of course, right after suggesting it, he backtracks with a bunch of BS about how he will "miss them dearly" (gee, thanks), and "aggressively seek justice" (yeah, sure).

Later on, he makes the suggestion to "give up some privacy rights". Just wow.

A main main feature of his rambling argument is that guns are the problem and not the criminals who use them. Heck, it's even worse than that. His whole post is really blaming "people who support gun rights"! These are his bad guys? What color is the sky in this guy's world?

Everything he wrote reeks of amoral cowardice. If I could sum up his entire post, it would be; "Hurt them first, not precious little fearful me." The most accurate thing he wrote is when he declared at the end; "Written from a place of fear..."

Vile.
    Last edited by lowercase; December 16th, 2012 at 09:00 AM.

Amen to that brother!
    lowercase likes this.

The perpetrators of these terrible crimes may be crazy, but not stupid. There is a reason they consistently target gun-free zones like schools....they know they will not encounter armed resistance until after they can carry out their evil act. They never seems to target places like shooting ranges, gun stores, police stations, etc. It seems obvious to me that part of the solution to deter such events is to stop creating places that they know for a fact they will not encounter armed resistance. Stop placing targets on certain places!!!
    CharlesMorri, RichB70 and f8guy like this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by From the rant
    I don’t know what the answer is to keeping us safe, but access to guns doesn’t seem to be the solution. At the very least, it is the cause of the problem itself.
    Depends on who's got the tool in hand. Surely, with such a miniscule percentage of people armed against violent threats, it's unsurprising that such a miniscule percentage doesn't seem to be solving the problem ... at least, in the macro sense. For each and every person who's effective able to thwart deadly violence against them, it most definitely is a life saver; for them, it is absolutely solving the immediate, imminent problem.

Upstanding people capable of defending themselves are NOT the cause of any problem. It's quite the opposite, obviously: it's the criminals who care not a whit about the death and destruction they bring upon everyone, irrespective of the tools or methods used. Pixie dust doesn't work. Just saying "No" falls short, too. The only practical means of achieving effective resistance of deadly violence as it's blowing up in our faces is: a strong and capable means of stopping the violence.

I'm all for EFFECTIVE steps that have a prayer of disarming/de-clawing violent predators, but not at the expense of disarming me and all other upstanding citizens like me. Never, ever that. The solution needs to entail other steps than creating sacrificial lambs led to slaughter by edict ... at the point of a statutory "gun."

OP, I'd suggest you speak with your "friend" about the misguided railing against those who are standing firm to resist such predations from criminals. Being called the cause of problems isn't going to win anyone over. The problem is criminality, and the means of withstanding and mitigating criminality. Can't be doing that effectively if the citizens are disarmed in the face of violence.
    Jeanlouise, noway2, f8guy and 1 others like this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefjason View Post
    Personally, I think neither the issue or the solution involves guns. The gun issue is being attacked because it's low hanging fruit and, lets face it, guns make it very easy for some twisted scumbag to live out their worst fantasy. Let's also not forget that the immediate response was to send good men and women with guns into the situation to try and solve it. Therefore we can rule out the nonsense that guns are evil because they called folks with guns to come help.

Here is my FB post though.

Evil does not come from what is in the hands of a man. Evil comes from what is in the heart of a man. Evil men will do evil with whatever they can get their hands on. Good men will do good what whatever they are given.

If we want to ask hard questions in the coming days lets ask them. Lets look in the mirror as parents and ask ourselves, "What have we planted in the hearts of our children that would make them think it's OK to solve their problems and grievances by murdering innocent people and taking their own life when they are done?" What are we teaching our kids as parents? What are we not teaching our kids? What media are we allowing them to consume and what effect does it have? What are their peers teaching them? Do we try to know or even care? What are our schools teaching or not teaching them?

If we look to government to solve a societal issues it will ultimately fail. We need to look at ourselves, and we need to take action. I'm afraid we have planted seeds in the past that are bearing the worst fruit imaginable. Do everything you can to plant good seeds, that bear good fruit in your children.

Attacking the tool used is a bandaid. And when a bandaid fails the wound is no better off than before. What we are teaching, or not teaching, our children is the answer. Teach them well, bring them up right, hug them, tell them you love them. Be involved, there is not substitute on earth for time invested in your children.

Amen to this... I doubt if I could have expressed it any better. Thank you for posting .

Spuk!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesMorri View Post
    This is a great source for all issues relating to guns.

http://gunfacts.info/pdfs/gun-facts/...6_1_screen.pdf

Tell your friends about it. It will prove that most statistics used by the antis are either flawed or outright exaggerated!

^^^^^^^YEP^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I like to send them to this website.

Make a choice
    Very thought provoking
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

VIP Member
    Personally myself, I would not even bother with a response to the post. Well at least not a written response. The only response I would bother with is de-friending the person who posted it.
    CharlesMorri likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    If the person who posted it on facebook really wants an open discusion, they should be willing to provide links or sources for their research.. That would be my start. However, I do not believe that the perosn wants open honest discussion based on their own words.

"Why can't people who support gun rights be the only ones shot during these incidents?"

What?!!! I have no words for someone that opens by wishing death and violent bodily harm upon those to which they are speaking. They want you dead, they mock and deny factual statistics, have no problem giving up the freedom of privacy, and have zero comprehension of the 2nd Amendment or history. Your friend should be thankful for freedom of speech, yes?
    CharlesMorri likes this.

Move to Mexico....please............no guns......except for the 2,000 this administration placed in the hands of Mexican criminals.
    MamaMaria likes this.

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lowercase View Post
    Later on, he makes the suggestion to "give up some privacy rights". Just wow.
    Of course. The proverbial THEY will want YOU to give up YOUR rights so that THEY can FEEL safe. It costs them nothing and gains them what they feel is the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    I'm all for EFFECTIVE steps that have a prayer of disarming/de-clawing violent predators, but not at the expense of disarming me and all other upstanding citizens like me. Never, ever that. The solution needs to entail other steps than creating sacrificial lambs led to slaughter by edict ... at the point of a statutory "gun.
    You've summed up my position quite well too.

One thing that all of this has made me wonder is, if some supreme politician were to snort a sufficient amount of magic pixie dust and impose a gun ban, how many would be willing to turn theirs in vs. how many would refuse even if it took the ultimate price? I know that I would be refusing to obey and rejecting any such law.

Liberals...Liberals...Liberals. I wonder if we will ever get them to open there eyes and address issues objectively as opposed to seeking to blame. They walk blindly to the edge of the cliff unknowingly.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
    Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by F350 View Post
    OH YEA!!! Just look at all the mass shootings that take place at gun shows around the cou....... er, well never mind.
    Actually a bad example since many gun shows require you to disarm before you enter. It is just a beleif by some that everybody at a gun show is armed.
    DPro.40 and CharlesMorri like this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links