Facebook post on what happen in CT. . .

This is a discussion on Facebook post on what happen in CT. . . within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by boricua I wonder how he/she came up with the "more than 32,000 deaths a year occur from gun violence." As far as ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Facebook post on what happen in CT. . .

Quote Originally Posted by boricua View Post
    I wonder how he/she came up with the "more than 32,000 deaths a year occur from gun violence." As far as I know, that number is consistent with the number of deaths by motor vehicle in the US, and deaths by guns amount to about 10K per year.
    Why muddle the liberal arguments with facts? Baseball bats kill more than guns. Lets ban them. ;)

2. Remove Ads

Guns dont kill people people kill people, automobiles dont kill people the driver kills people, what im saying is by taking away all this is not how you solve problems, that also would be taking away our rights. Bad guys will always have access to things that are takin away from good guys, your only hurting us good semeritan when you take away(fact) !!! ...Eddie.

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DPro.40 View Post
    Liberals...Liberals...Liberals. I wonder if we will ever get them to open there eyes and address issues objectively as opposed to seeking to blame. They walk blindly to the edge of the cliff unknowingly.
    Don't go there. This is not a Conservative versus Liberal issue, nor can we afford to make it one. I support many Liberal views that have NOTHING do with guns, nor do I consider myself to be or label myself as a Conservative, yet I am as staunch of a pro-2A supporter and believe in taking responsibility for my safety as much anyone else here.
    BaconHunter likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by boricua View Post
    I wonder how he/she came up with the "more than 32,000 deaths a year occur from gun violence." As far as I know, that number is consistent with the number of deaths by motor vehicle in the US, and deaths by guns amount to about 10K per year.
    I was looking up this information yesterday for a post on facebook lol. That was my statement. There have been deaths from the use of a gun at about 10,000 last year but 32,000 from cars last year. No one wants to take cars from us.
    boricua likes this.
    Our House Is Protected By The Good Lord And A gun. You Might Meet Both Of Them If You Show Up Inside My House Uninvited.

Quote Originally Posted by noway2 View Post
    Don't go there. This is not a Conservative versus Liberal issue, nor can we afford to make it one. I support many Liberal views that have NOTHING do with guns, nor do I consider myself to be or label myself as a Conservative, yet I am as staunch of a pro-2A supporter and believe in taking responsibility for my safety as much anyone else here.
    Might not be a Conservative vs Liberal issue yet but it will turn into one. Just watch. I have some liberal viewpoints that have nothing to to with guns as well but I still have the right to express my opinion as you do. Why should I be censored just because you have a point to make.
    CharlesMorri likes this.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
    Ronald Reagan

Senior Member Array sonnycrocket's Avatar
    the news media is mostly liberal and they will make it seem like we gunners are heartless killers
    and while gun deaths like CT are tragic of the 10000 gun deaths a year
    the percentage of them actually bad guy on good guy are small,the biggest percentage is
    gang deaths......(bad guy on bad guy)

As far a SCOTUS goes I only have this to say about "restrictions" on guns...

Read it and understand it .. Please

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355685850.992537.jpg

SCOTUS does NOT have the right to alter the wording of the constitution!
    They can only interpret it.
    It takes a CON CON with two thirds of the States before it can even be touched. Period.
    Billb1960 likes this.

Ben Franklin said it over 200 years ago and it's by far the best answer to that drivel:

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
    CharlesMorri and ccw9mm like this.

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DPro.40 View Post
    Might not be a Conservative vs Liberal issue yet but it will turn into one. Just watch. I have some liberal viewpoints that have nothing to to with guns as well but I still have the right to express my opinion as you do. Why should I be censored just because you have a point to make.
    I am not trying to censor you, at least in the way you think. Please do realize that exposing your anti Liberal views only damages our cause.
    1) Applying labels minimizes and isolates
    2) It causes potential supporters to be turned off
    3) It allows opponents to make guns an issue sacred to their oppopsition, justifying and encouraging them to oppose you.
    4) It reflects poorly on you, and by extension al gun owners.
    The Conservative platform can NOT carry the guns rights position alone. I doesn't have the strength or support. Minizing and reducing that support in the name of partisan name calling is not constructive.
    BaconHunter likes this.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Let's not confuse "liberal" with Progressives. Conservative-liberal is a continuum where opinions are placed on an admittedly artificial scale. What we should worry about is progressives, they despise individualism and seek to establish a collective with elites determining the good of the whole. That is why they hate the Second Amendment-firearm ownership is the pinnacle of individual behavior, where the individual takes his (or her) own security and safety into their own hands without reliance on government.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

I'd hate to be "educated" by that teacher...
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

Quote Originally Posted by noway2 View Post
    I am not trying to censor you, at least in the way you think. Please do realize that exposing your anti Liberal views only damages our cause.
    1) Applying labels minimizes and isolates
    2) It causes potential supporters to be turned off
    3) It allows opponents to make guns an issue sacred to their oppopsition, justifying and encouraging them to oppose you.
    4) It reflects poorly on you, and by extension al gun owners.
    The Conservative platform can NOT carry the guns rights position alone. I doesn't have the strength or support. Minizing and reducing that support in the name of partisan name calling is not constructive.
    1) Applying labels minimizes and isolates.
    Really, we haven't been labeled by anti gun liberals and anti's. Since when is calling a liberal a label. Isn't that what they call each other?

2) It causes potential supporters to be turned off.
    I don't think we have any anti gun supporters. Potential supporters should know what side there choosing and I think they already know what side there on.

3) It allows opponents to make guns an issue sacred to their opposition, justifying and encouraging them to oppose you.
    Isn't Taking away our guns already their sacred issue? Where have you been?

4) It reflects poorly on you, and by extension all gun owners. Really, me not making a special effort to not offend the antis reflects poorly on me ? Tell that to the NRA and other gun groups trying to protect your rights.

I believe I am politically correct. If you have a different political viewpoint and approach then more power to you. As far as I'm concerned we should be able to play by the same rules as the anti's. If you don't, then don't. Thats half the problem as far as I'm concerned, everyone needs to be politically correct. We'll ask the antis to play by the same rules. I will admit I should have used antis and not liberals. I know Liberals with love of guns. He's my brother-in-Law. Yes I am anti Anti's. I didn't expose my contempt for the anti's. it's a given. They are attempting to alter my freedom and take my guns.
    Last edited by DPro.40; December 17th, 2012 at 05:35 PM.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
    Ronald Reagan

You may want to reconsider your "friends"...
    EDC: M&P 9*2
    PHIL.4:13

NRA

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links