Great opinion article in the FW Star Telegram about the CT school shooting

This is a discussion on Great opinion article in the FW Star Telegram about the CT school shooting within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Once again, the Fort Worth Star Telegram gets it right. Kudos to Bud Kennedy on a well written article! This follows the two articles the ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By paramedic70002

Thread: Great opinion article in the FW Star Telegram about the CT school shooting

Once again, the Fort Worth Star Telegram gets it right. Kudos to Bud Kennedy on a well written article! This follows the two articles the Star Telegram published about the Harrold School District superintendent allowing armed staff in his schools and the thought process behind it.

Kennedy's article from today's paper:

School killer's mom made irresponsible, and fatal, mistake | Local News | News from Fort...
    One Riot, One Ranger. Long live the Republic of Texas.

JOIN THE NRA AND DO IT TODAY!!

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    I agree totaly. She should have secured her weapons or had her son somewhere he could not access them.

He calls for mandatory safe storage laws and denounces the notion that pointing out that we have thousands upon thousands of pages of laws, and that some more isn't going to stop things like this, as the "lazy" way out. No fool, calling for yet more laws is the lazy way out. I don't agree with this author at all when it comes to that. Should you be responsible with your weapons? Obviously. However, I am disgusted with the notion that you should go and blame the victim (someone whose guns are stolen and used in a crime) instead of focusing ENTIRELY on the criminal, who is now both thief and murderer. Back to the drawing board with you, Mr. Kennedy.

I think if we had more signs than all these massacres would stop. If that doesn't work then maybe let school employees have a gun?

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Spot-On article!
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Great article but I'm sure upcoming political discussions won't be as relational.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
    Ronald Reagan

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Maybe she did keep them locked up. Maybe he found a way to circumvent the lock, or he was able to otherwise procure another gun. Once she was dead, he had access to the keys. I hope that soon all the facts come out and are not suppressed.
    accessbob likes this.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Links