What the wife figured out at the range

This is a discussion on What the wife figured out at the range within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; While not exactly the range the wife and I spend the last two weekends shooting alot, preparing for an upcoming course. We shot 1200 rounds ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Stevew

Thread: What the wife figured out at the range

What the wife figured out at the range

While not exactly the range the wife and I spend the last two weekends shooting alot, preparing for an upcoming course. We shot 1200 rounds not counting 22 rimfire revolvers. She shot way more than I did. Most of the rounds were from her new Sig 226.
    She figured out she likes a good 45ACP 1911. She was shooting 100% at 20 yards using an eight inch target.
    She figure out the LCP was a big trade off when compared to the Colt Gov 380. The Colt 380 allowed her much better scores and faster follow ups.
    That her new Sig 266 was much easier for her to shoot than any other handgun but a 1911.
    To my surprise she liked the G22 but not the G36.
    Loading mags is hard work.

Now I have a bunch of guns to clean and brass to reload. Better get busy.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

2. Remove Ads

In my experience it is always best to let your wife/ladyfriend shoot several different models and make her own choice. Things such as ability to work the slide, release the slide load ammo, and even accidentally hitting the magazine release hit home when at the range.

I took my wife out to a range and let her shoot everything that she wanted. Then let her make a decision on what she preferred and shot the best. After that we bought it.

Quote Originally Posted by BadHabit View Post
    In my experience it is always best to let your wife/ladyfriend shoot several different models and make her own choice. Things such as ability to work the slide, release the slide load ammo, and even accidentally hitting the magazine release hit home when at the range.
    I agree. My wife has picked out all of her on guns. I seldom agree with her purchases. Her primary and first gun is a S&W 642CT. I did not think paying almost twice as much to get the CT was worth it. Now she carries my LCP more than anything else because of ease of carry, once again I don't agree with her logic. She does not want a carry gun with a manual saftey hince the Sig 226 that she doesn't realy use as a carry gun, more of home defense gun. As of yesterday she was carrying the Colt Gov 380, what happened to her no manual safety rule? She bought a Coach Gun for home defense because it looks like something John Wayne would have As long as she trians and practices I don't care what she shoots and if we go too long without shooting she lets me know about it. She has been shooting for years and is retired military.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    A 1911 in .45 ACP. Imagine that--a lady who doesn't need a "Lady Gun."
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    A 1911 in .45 ACP. Imagine that--a lady who doesn't need a "Lady Gun."
    And she rides a HD Electra Glide.

Links