Today my wife is going to the range for the first time :-)

This is a discussion on Today my wife is going to the range for the first time :-) within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Hey guys!! Very happy to announce that my wife is taking a big step today in gun ownership. Growing up with her father, a very ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By nevanthewolf
  • 1 Post By BigStick

Thread: Today my wife is going to the range for the first time :-)

Today my wife is going to the range for the first time :-)

Hey guys!!

Very happy to announce that my wife is taking a big step today in gun ownership. Growing up with her father, a very avid and respected hunter, she has been around guns her whole life but has never fired a shot. I have never been pushy with her, although for a long time I really wish she would have gone with me to practice. It was somewhat frustrating. However, she is not against guns, or me having a CHP, so it wasn't really an issue other than her safty and ability to protect herself. She is just very mindful of their destructive ability, and I see that as a plus. I am really hoping that after handling them she will feel a bit more comfertable, and, I am really hoping that soon she will want to buy all the guns on my wish list lol. Either way, it's going to be a great date today.

I can hardly control my excitement!! Wish us luck today and good shooting.
    Signed,
    Proud husband :-)
    DPro.40 likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    Enjoy! Suggest you don't start her out with your super-powerful magnums...I did that and it was a while before I got her back to the range.

I started her out on her next trip to the range with some of my .22 and then the .380 pistols. Then she asked me to buy a .380 for her...then she asked me to buy a .22 for her...all is good now, and she carries a .380. She also loves to fire my 9mm pistols now.

I'm taking the Glock 22. I have a drop-in lonewolf 9mm barrel. I think we are going to start with 9mm and than blow off some of my surplus .40. Side note, we haven't been on a date without kids in a while so this is going to be so fun. We are both in a great mood right now. Hell, I even made homemade pancakes for breakfast lol.

VIP Member
    Congratulations and I think that's great.

BTW, what motivated her to go right now?
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Update: It went great, she had a blast! Always knew she would. As for the question, i don't know really what motivated her. I was talking yesterday about me going to practice, and she expressed interest that she wanted to go. She did great today. Groups surprised the hell out me at 15yds. And sealed the deal with a nice dinner or for two, where we talked about gun calibers and types lol.

That's awesome. Glad it went well. I am still trying to get my wife to go to the range with me.
    -Carl-
    2nd AMDT = "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    Conratulations! The first time we went, my wife put the first round dead center through the bullseye at 15 yards. Last gun I bought was a Walther P22 for my wife (the camo one, because she said it was "cute").
    nevanthewolf likes this.
    Walk softly ...

Links