Magazine "problem"?

Magazine "problem"?

This is a discussion on Magazine "problem"? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I bought a new Glock 27 gen. IV yesterday and I CAN NOT load any of the 3 magazines with the ninth round. I broke ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By OldVet

Thread: Magazine "problem"?

Magazine "problem"?

I bought a new Glock 27 gen. IV yesterday and I CAN NOT load any of the 3 magazines with the ninth round. I broke the loader and almost broke my thumb trying. Is this a common thing to have happen?

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Glock mags are notoriously stiff when new. Load with eight and let sit for a few days. The tenth should go right in. I had the same problem with my G30 10-rounders but no problem now.
    nerdyvirgin and aus71383 like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I found this at another site which describes the problem I'm having with my new gen3 G27...

"Trouble with Glock 27
    Hello again, I have a Glock 27 pistol in caliber 40 S & W, and I have a problem when the charger is full of gun ammunition (9 rounds) I can not mount the weapon, is very hard, however, with eight cartridges I do not have that problem , is also hard, but I can mount the weapons. What advice do you give me?"

Responses were similar to what sjohnson said... notorious issue, just have to let them break in.
    Raleigh... Where Barney comes to Party...

Glock 27 or M&P Shield for every day carry (LCP for deep conceal when necessary)... Glock 23 for the home.

Call me Iggy. Only my mother calls me by my full given name.

Are they Glock mags or a third party mags. I don't have a Glock but I have had problems with third party mags on other types of weapons.

They are Glock mags that came with the pistol.

They're just stiff - load them with 8 and let them sit a while. You'll get the 9th one in after a few days. I've noticed that not only is it just the springs being "stiff" when new, but also the baseplates on the Glock mags have some "give" to them - maybe not at first, but after sitting loaded for 6 months or so that have a rounded profile from the spring pushing on them.

Austin

Links