Big bangs are fun!

Big bangs are fun!

This is a discussion on Big bangs are fun! within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I went to the range a few days ago and between shooting .40, .357, and my favorite, .38 Super +p, I got some looks at ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By OldVet

Thread: Big bangs are fun!

Big bangs are fun!

I went to the range a few days ago and between shooting .40, .357, and my favorite, .38 Super +p, I got some looks at people wondering what the heck I was shooting and why I had a huge grin on my face doing so!

It was my first time shooting .357 and it was out of an old K-frame S&W. Let me just say that my hand hurt for a few days after! I also shot about 100 rounds of .38 Super +P out of a Colt Government MK IV. My eyes hurt from the muzzle flash coming out of the end! As much as I enjoyed shooting my G27, the Colt was amazing to shoot.

This was the only picture I managed to capture and it was before all of the fun.

IMG_20121211_134413_033.jpg

I love banging away with my big guns at the range. It keeps folks from crowding me.

it's fun bringing the big boys to the range. While I enjoy my handgun time at the range, my favorite range gun is a very short AK with a 4" muzzle brake (Hungarian AMD-65 variant) just to make the barrel legal at 16". It's a true flamethrower and really moves the brass-blocking screens between lanes at my local outdoor range.

It always generates looks from others and grins on me.

Cheers!
    One Riot, One Ranger. Long live the Republic of Texas.

JOIN THE NRA AND DO IT TODAY!!

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    You should have seen the eyes pop open the first time I unleashed my 14" Thompson Contender chambered in .30 Herrett. The guy with the .44 Mag next to me tucked tail and left. Fortunately the Contender easily handled the recoil.
    sioux565 likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Definitely made a kid in the next lane jump with concern when I let off the first .357 mag round following a few cylinders of .38 spl in my j frame a couple weeks ago. Big rounds in small guns are fun.

...sometimes.
    I do not trust in my bow, my sword does not bring me victory;
    Psalm 44:6-8
    Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God.
    Matthew 5:9

I knew there's a reason I prefer private gun club ranges and my own property.

Other shooters' attitude toward fellow shooting patrons.

To paraphrase George Thorogood: "You know when I shoot alone I prefer to be by myself."

Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society "Get heeled! No really"

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Links