Dems to introduce gun control bill next week, march planned for NRA HQ in DC

This is a discussion on Dems to introduce gun control bill next week, march planned for NRA HQ in DC within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by ole slabside Yes we are, there is more guns, gun owners and gun permit carriers than ever before. that's true, but i ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Dems to introduce gun control bill next week, march planned for NRA HQ in DC

Quote Originally Posted by ole slabside View Post
    Yes we are, there is more guns, gun owners and gun permit carriers than ever before.
    that's true, but i also think there are more people against it than ever before as well

2. Remove Ads

America has a short attention span, these types of events will play out nationally in about one week.

By Christmas 99.99% of the populace will have moved on mentally.

When Congress comes back from the holidays they'll have about one week to handle the fiscal cliff before it implodes and sends us back into a 2008 style recession. Unemployment hits 11%.

Then they move into Obozo's inauguration and the swearing in of the new congress.

Then its springtime and America will have all but forgot about the CT shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by AdBro View Post
    I have not..I understand that it's pretty pro-gun though I suppose. He's just SO liberal.
    Yeah, Nevada is very pro gun.

America has a short attention span, these types of events will play out nationally in about one week.

By Christmas 99.99% of the populace will have moved on mentally.

When Congress comes back from the holidays they'll have about one week to handle the fiscal cliff before it implodes and sends us back into a 2008 style recession. Unemployment hits 11%.

Then they move into Obozo's inauguration and the swearing in of the new congress.

Then its springtime and America will have all but forgot about the CT shooting.
    yeah, I thought about that and have come to the same conclusion. it's a shame we have to forget about the horrors that took place, but we have to when sick people use it to attack our constitution and law-abiding citizens.

Ohhhh NOOOO! Not a...march. Please, please, for the love of God, don't let them march. Marches are a sure sign of the apocalypse. That's the utter & complete end of life as we know it. All those people, walking & carrying signs. Maybe even group-shouting a rhyming slogan. First they occupied Wall Street & now...this? Ohhhhh, the humanity.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Dems to introduce gun control bill next week, march planned for NRA HQ in DC

So, if they succeed in passing an AWB will my Glock 19 be considered "illegal" since it has 15+ 1 capacity? Or, will they just no longer sell the high capacity mags?

Quote Originally Posted by AdBro View Post
    I tend to agree with this, that it makes people want to embrace their 2nd amendment rights more than ever before. HOWEVER, I couldn't see a president getting reelected with such a bad economy and such bad unemployment--it's never happened before...until this year. I'm just saying the media is very powerful right now in setting the narrative. I hope that the gun control thing is different though, as you say it is--I think it might be, but I'm worried.
    The Media is powerful more than ever, we have a bunch of terds that have no clue what is really going on in the world and listen to the CONTROLED MEDIA btw and People wont learn till they are marching forward into a concentration camp.. This O buma is a deciever and controled by the UN and they will do whatever it takes to disarm America, I mean anythiing.. I truley believe that

Quote Originally Posted by KBSR View Post
    NRA's membership will quadruple ...
    I doubt it.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by From the article
    CREDO, a progressive grassroots group, is organizing a march on the National Rifle Association's lobbying arm in Washington, D.C. Monday.

"... no one is more to blame for the massacre ... than the National Rifle Association,"
    ... except the thief and murderer who committed the crimes.

... and except (apparently) the person who failed to safely secure those firearms from casual access by others. Though, at worst, the casual access simply eased the path; it's not as though it created the murderer. And, in the end, the items were taken by someone who didn't own them, little different than a burglar or robber does when unlawfully entering a home.
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

If the murderer had chosen gasoline with which to commit this heinous act, would the Media & Congressional gasbags be blaming Saudi Arabia & calling for tighter regulation at the...Jiffy Mart?
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

looks like reid is getting in lock-step with his party!

Harry Reid opens door to Senate gun control debate - Manu Raju - POLITICO.com

where are all the dems on this board that think NRA members and conservatives are "feat mongerers" and "crazy"?

Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    If the murderer had chosen gasoline with which to commit this heinous act, would the Media & Congressional gasbags be blaming Saudi Arabia & calling for tighter regulation at the...Jiffy Mart?
    Nope. And therein lies the crux of the heavy bias against guns. It's a pickle.
    zacii likes this.
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

What amuses me most about the media trying to harp on these tragedies, is that everytime they start writing about guns they only show how little they know about them - which actually increases the opposition to gun control

I've thought long and hard about that one too...

What I personally believe is simple.

The media is clearly anti-gun and anti-self defense.

Each time one of these tragedies occurs they seize upon it to promote their anti-constituional agenda.

And each time they do it fails.

Infact it has the opposite effect, typically causing a huge surge in gun sales. Not demands for gun control.

This infuriates them to no end and is what is driving them to become more and more aggressive. But this aggressiveness is what is backfiring and they cant see it.

Rants like Bob Costas gong off int he middle of an NFL game turns people off.

Piers Morgan, who's a Brit by birth calling Americans who own guns stupid does not endear them to the anti gun cause.

This is what is happen right now.

The media is in melt down mode because they cant grasp why no one is listening to them.

The more aggressive they become they more likely the message will have the opposite effect.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links