Defensive Carry banner

Dems to introduce gun control bill next week, march planned for NRA HQ in DC

2K views 28 replies 11 participants last post by  tflhndn 
#1 ·
#2 ·
NRA's membership will quadruple in the same time it takes to empty the shelves of all the ammo, reloading supplies, upper and lower receivers, etc... Wayne LaPierre will be a happy camper. LOL

#4 ·
it must mean the lobbying offices. but still LOL.

if "assault weapons" are in fact banned, does that mean .223 and 5.56 ammo will be banned? what happened during the last ban?

#5 ·
McCarthy, Fineswine, Schumer and Boxer always introduce anti-gun bills, every year without thought.

Harry Reid is on record as saying he is against any reintroduction of the AWB as recently as just a few weeks ago.

This will cause some debate, perhaps a week or two worth of liberal news stories. But the Fiscal Cliff is still staring Congress and Obozo square in the face, gun control or no gun control. If they fail to act on it, it'll be a punch to the face of an already fragile economy.

Remember folks, After the Gabby Giffords shooting, nothing but talk...

After the Aurora shooting, nothing but talk...

I think this will play out the same way.

Harry Reid, White House Shy From Gun Control Debate : Roll Call News

Dems put assault weapons ban on back burner - SFGate

Assault-weapons ban: What happened to 12 attempts to reinstate it

#6 ·
I hope you're right. But I've never seen the media so aggressively lobby for gun control following an emotional tragedy like Friday's.

That, paired with Obama not facing reelection (like your article from summer of this year, he wasn't going to do anything that would cost him votes at that point).

Feinstein will certainly try to introduce her bill every year, but I just feel this might be the year--or 2015 if Republicans lose congress.

For as liberal as Reid is, I'm so shocked how he's allies with the NRA and against AWBs. Why is that?

#7 ·
For as liberal as Reid is, I'm so shocked how he's allies with the NRA and against AWBs. Why is that?
The first line in the Back-burner article in slabside's post:

The last time a Democratic president and a Democratic Congress banned civilian sales of some types of military-style assault weapons, it took American voters barely seven weeks to hand Republicans control of Capitol Hill for the first time in 40 years.

Read more: Dems put assault weapons ban on back burner - SFGate

#8 ·
That line is true, but it was for more reasons than that.. I also think we're a different country now.

#14 ·
I have not..I understand that it's pretty pro-gun though I suppose. He's just SO liberal.

#17 ·
America has a short attention span, these types of events will play out nationally in about one week.

By Christmas 99.99% of the populace will have moved on mentally.

When Congress comes back from the holidays they'll have about one week to handle the fiscal cliff before it implodes and sends us back into a 2008 style recession. Unemployment hits 11%.

Then they move into Obozo's inauguration and the swearing in of the new congress.

Then its springtime and America will have all but forgot about the CT shooting.

#19 ·
yeah, I thought about that and have come to the same conclusion. it's a shame we have to forget about the horrors that took place, but we have to when sick people use it to attack our constitution and law-abiding citizens.

#20 ·
Ohhhh NOOOO! Not a...march. Please, please, for the love of God, don't let them march. Marches are a sure sign of the apocalypse. That's the utter & complete end of life as we know it. All those people, walking & carrying signs. Maybe even group-shouting a rhyming slogan. First they occupied Wall Street & now...this? Ohhhhh, the humanity. :hand5:

#24 ·
From the article said:
CREDO, a progressive grassroots group, is organizing a march on the National Rifle Association's lobbying arm in Washington, D.C. Monday.

"... no one is more to blame for the massacre ... than the National Rifle Association,"
... except the thief and murderer who committed the crimes.

... and except (apparently) the person who failed to safely secure those firearms from casual access by others. Though, at worst, the casual access simply eased the path; it's not as though it created the murderer. And, in the end, the items were taken by someone who didn't own them, little different than a burglar or robber does when unlawfully entering a home.

#25 ·
If the murderer had chosen gasoline with which to commit this heinous act, would the Media & Congressional gasbags be blaming Saudi Arabia & calling for tighter regulation at the...Jiffy Mart?

#26 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.