Dems to introduce gun control bill next week, march planned for NRA HQ in DC

This is a discussion on Dems to introduce gun control bill next week, march planned for NRA HQ in DC within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; "never let a tragedy go to waste"! Democrats vow to push for gun control measures in Congress | Reuters Progressives Plan March On NRA In ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Dems to introduce gun control bill next week, march planned for NRA HQ in DC

NRA's membership will quadruple in the same time it takes to empty the shelves of all the ammo, reloading supplies, upper and lower receivers, etc... Wayne LaPierre will be a happy camper. LOL
    " But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself... Baa." Col. Dave Grossman on Sheep and Sheepdogs.

VIP Member
    NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    lol NRAHQ is not located in DC! Where do they plan to go?

HQ is in Fairfax there is lobbying offices in DC.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob99VMI04 View Post
    lol NRAHQ is not located in DC! Where do they plan to go?

HQ is in Fairfax there is lobbying offices in DC.
    it must mean the lobbying offices. but still LOL.

if "assault weapons" are in fact banned, does that mean .223 and 5.56 ammo will be banned? what happened during the last ban?

McCarthy, Fineswine, Schumer and Boxer always introduce anti-gun bills, every year without thought.

Harry Reid is on record as saying he is against any reintroduction of the AWB as recently as just a few weeks ago.

This will cause some debate, perhaps a week or two worth of liberal news stories. But the Fiscal Cliff is still staring Congress and Obozo square in the face, gun control or no gun control. If they fail to act on it, it'll be a punch to the face of an already fragile economy.

Remember folks, After the Gabby Giffords shooting, nothing but talk...

After the Aurora shooting, nothing but talk...

I think this will play out the same way.

Harry Reid, White House Shy From Gun Control Debate : Roll Call News

Dems put assault weapons ban on back burner - SFGate

Assault-weapons ban: What happened to 12 attempts to reinstate it

I hope you're right. But I've never seen the media so aggressively lobby for gun control following an emotional tragedy like Friday's.

That, paired with Obama not facing reelection (like your article from summer of this year, he wasn't going to do anything that would cost him votes at that point).

Feinstein will certainly try to introduce her bill every year, but I just feel this might be the year--or 2015 if Republicans lose congress.

For as liberal as Reid is, I'm so shocked how he's allies with the NRA and against AWBs. Why is that?

Quote Originally Posted by AdBro View Post
    For as liberal as Reid is, I'm so shocked how he's allies with the NRA and against AWBs. Why is that?
    The first line in the Back-burner article in slabside's post:

The last time a Democratic president and a Democratic Congress banned civilian sales of some types of military-style assault weapons, it took American voters barely seven weeks to hand Republicans control of Capitol Hill for the first time in 40 years.

Read more: Dems put assault weapons ban on back burner - SFGate

That line is true, but it was for more reasons than that.. I also think we're a different country now.

I hope you're right. But I've never seen the media so aggressively lobby for gun control following an emotional tragedy like Friday's.

That, paired with Obama not facing reelection (like your article from summer of this year, he wasn't going to do anything that would cost him votes at that point).

Feinstein will certainly try to introduce her bill every year, but I just feel this might be the year--or 2015 if Republicans lose congress.

I've thought long and hard about that one too...

What I personally believe is simple.

The media is clearly anti-gun and anti-self defense.

Each time one of these tragedies occurs they seize upon it to promote their anti-constituional agenda.

And each time they do it fails.

Infact it has the opposite effect, typically causing a huge surge in gun sales. Not demands for gun control.

This infuriates them to no end and is what is driving them to become more and more aggressive. But this aggressiveness is what is backfiring and they cant see it.

Rants like Bob Costas gong off int he middle of an NFL game turns people off.

Piers Morgan, who's a Brit by birth calling Americans who own guns stupid does not endear them to the anti gun cause.

This is what is happen right now.

The media is in melt down mode because they cant grasp why no one is listening to them.

The more aggressive they become they more likely the message will have the opposite effect.

You ever been to Nevada?

That line is true, but it was for more reasons than that.. I also think we're a different country now.
    Yes we are, there is more guns, gun owners and gun permit carriers than ever before.

In my opinion, after 12/19 and the debut of Zero Dark Thrity....the middle east will be in such chaos this too will be on the back burner.....we'll see.

I have not..I understand that it's pretty pro-gun though I suppose. He's just SO liberal.

Quote Originally Posted by ole slabside View Post
    I've thought long and hard about that one too...

What I personally believe is simple.

The media is clearly anti-gun and anti-self defense.

Each time one of these tragedies occurs they seize upon it to promote their anti-constituional agenda.

And each time they do it fails.

Infact it has the opposite effect, typically causing a huge surge in gun sales. Not demands for gun control.

This infuriates them to no end and is what is driving them to become more and more aggressive. But this aggressiveness is what is backfiring and they cant see it.

Rants like Bob Costas gong off int he middle of an NFL game turns people off.

Piers Morgan, who's a Brit by birth calling Americans who own guns stupid does not endear them to the anti gun cause.

This is what is happen right now.

The media is in melt down mode because they cant grasp why no one is listening to them.

The more aggressive they become they more likely the message will have the opposite effect.
    I tend to agree with this, that it makes people want to embrace their 2nd amendment rights more than ever before. HOWEVER, I couldn't see a president getting reelected with such a bad economy and such bad unemployment--it's never happened before...until this year. I'm just saying the media is very powerful right now in setting the narrative. I hope that the gun control thing is different though, as you say it is--I think it might be, but I'm worried.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links