Really need help on this???

This is a discussion on Really need help on this??? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Hey I was wondering what should i do? The Military shipped my handgun in my household good and I am in NYC. Apparently I called ...

Thread: Really need help on this???

Hey I was wondering what should i do? The Military shipped my handgun in my household good and I am in NYC. Apparently I called the permit department and they told me that my handgun cannot come in my my household good. My shipment is already here what should I do?

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    1) don't trust what you read here to keep you out of trouble: we are not lawyers (well, I'm not, anyway).
    2) probably refuse shipment and communicate with whoever packed it and gets it back that they need to separate the items properly before sending them to you;
    3)if the goods are on a military base ask someone there to retrieve the item from the goods and ship it to you properly (however it's done there - see #1)

Wish you the best.

Thank you for the speedy respond. It was very helpful!

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    My pleasure: you did well to think before stepping over a NYC line.

Stay tuned for better advice: there are a LOT of very, very wise people on this forum. Welcome!

Wow. You done messed up. What are you doing in NYC in the military? Recruiting duty? You could have them deliver the HHG outside the city - then bring them in yourself. Price of a rental truck and your time and effort. You also may be able to talk to the shipping company and have them pull the box out of the truck....

Good luck in any case.

Austin

Move

Move.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

If "the military" shipped your household goods to a restricted location. Then "the military" has the ball. If it's already successfully arrived at your NYC address, don't open it. Fed-Ex the unopened box to an unrestricted location outside the city. Then go get it & drive it back home yourself.

(*I AM NOT A LAWYER, but I look a lot like Matlock does..., uh, now)
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Back in my duty days, when I received orders for NYS I pulled every string and favor I could to get them changed and never looked back. And for the very reasons you're concerned!
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Ghost tracker I contacted the JAG office about the issue and I have a meeting with them soon. So I will see how that goes. Old vet I know NYS is very complicated with the strict gun laws. I guess its for some good reason.

When I got stationed at ft drum they turned in my pistol to the arms room. Long story short I didn't get it back for almost a year when I got out. They shipped it to a ffl in Alaska which I paid for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The military didn't ship your stuff - they contracted with a private company to do it.

Knowing you were moving to NYC, and allowing them to pack your gun.....it's basically your fault. You're going to lose some money or break some laws on this deal - and it sounds like the company isn't willing to break any laws.

Austin

Sponsored Links