Friendly Suggestion for this Forum

This is a discussion on Friendly Suggestion for this Forum within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; There are plenty of cases where law-abiding people successfully defeat would be killers/criminals because they were armed with a gun. Here is my friendly suggestion ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Ksgunner
  • 1 Post By suntzu
  • 1 Post By chuckusaret

Thread: Friendly Suggestion for this Forum

There are plenty of cases where law-abiding people successfully defeat would be killers/criminals because they were armed with a gun. Here is my friendly suggestion that I humbly submit. Create a sub-forum specifically for those warm, fuzzy stories. That way, when one of my liberal friends tells me for the umpteenth time that guns should be restricted/banned/etc. I can link him to all those wonerful true stories. Thanks in advance for your consideration.

VIP Member
    Here is the NRA’s Armed Citizen site, lots of successful situations there.

NRA-ILA | Armed Citizen
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

VIP Member
    Good idea but it can be hard to argue with the left. Trust me I have several lefty friends.

Arguing with a lefty is like wrestling with a pig in the poop. Pretty soon you realize the pig likes it...
    68blackbird and tcox4freedom like this.

It is true what you say but anonymous postings on an internet forum would not be "evidence" I woould use to sway anyones opinion.
    68blackbird likes this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    your best bet for your purpose is probably the Armed citizen link above. We do have the "Good, Bad, and Ugly" forum that is similar. One thing about this forum, is that the news stories come with comments by posters. Sometimes we have disagreements on labeling something as "Good". Usually it means that the good guy come out alive, but our comments can look heartless if you don't understand the context.

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    Heartless? Our forefathers saw the hand writing on the wall and gave us the right on 12/15/1791 to arm and defend ourselves. iMO it is not a heartless act to defend ones self with deadly force if necessary. Yes, many of us do feel that justice is better served when the attacker pays the ultimate price.
    scgunlover1 likes this.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

It is true what you say but anonymous postings on an internet forum would not be "evidence"

And where'd you hear that, the internet?

I wasn't aware of that link. Thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by K9Buck View Post
    Here is my friendly suggestion that I humbly submit. Create a sub-forum specifically for those warm, fuzzy stories.
    The "news" section seems to work, with folks prefixing their titles with "GOOD: xyz story about ..." Seems to work well.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Re: Friendly Suggestion for this Forum

The news section was originally intended for such things. It has lately evolved into the any news section, rather than the gun related, self defense in the news section.

Sent from my Galaxy S2
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckusaret View Post
    Heartless? Our forefathers saw the hand writing on the wall and gave us the right on 12/15/1791 to arm and defend ourselves. iMO it is not a heartless act to defend ones self with deadly force if necessary. Yes, many of us do feel that justice is better served when the attacker pays the ultimate price.
    I said the comments can "look" heartless not that they are heartless.

Sponsored Links