School shooter's Mother was a prepper. - Page 2

School shooter's Mother was a prepper.

This is a discussion on School shooter's Mother was a prepper. within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by dbglock You think her family's lying? Well, they were in-laws not direct family. As to how the weapons were stored, I have ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: School shooter's Mother was a prepper.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dbglock View Post
    You think her family's lying?
    Well, they were in-laws not direct family.

As to how the weapons were stored, I have not seen anything saying how she stored them. What's to say that they were not kept in a safe. For all we know she might have opened the safe to get one out, or put one in when her son attacked her.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

That is the problem, THE MEDIA

We do not know yet if in fact the weapons were locked up and her son got access to the place she secured the weapons. All this subjective BS is just that. We need to find out where the weapons were kept, etc before we go all out and hold mom to blame for 'easy access' to her weapons.

I don't lock up any weapons with the exception of my Marlin 336. It's just the wife and me (and the dog). So if the wife went nuts, I suppose I would be held up as not securing my weapons to prevent her from doing harm?

Today's media is to blame for all the false and subjective BS. Let the families morn, the authorities get to the bottom of this stuff. I am not watching the news unless its not about this massacre. To interview some 3rd grader to me is sick sick sick... To hear all this physco babel by these "experts" is BS too.

OK, rant off... now back to our regularly scheduled thread...
    Doug;}
    RSO, WA. XDMc 9mm, S&W 642CT & 442 38 sp, 1947 Savage 99 300,
    1972 Marlin 336 RC .35, 1922 Walther Model 4, 1933 Walther DSM 34, High Standard 1954 22LR

I prefer to be judged by 12 then carried by 6

I can't claim to be following this very closely but I thought all victims were killed with a handgun. This article says:

"After taking her car, Adam Lanza (20) blasted his way into the school building in Newtown, Connecticut and used a high-power rifle to kill 20 children and six adults..."

This doesn't seem to match what I've been hearing. I regard this glaring error as the most important piece in this example of yellow journalism but maybe I'm just misinformed...
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations” – James Madison 1788

Quote Originally Posted by Caertaker View Post
    I can't claim to be following this very closely but I thought all victims were killed with a handgun.
    Media is misinformed. To my knowledge, the official police report has NOT yet been released. Until then, the grossly conflicting reports from various sources are going to remain just that: conflicting.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Well, they were in-laws not direct family.

As to how the weapons were stored, I have not seen anything saying how she stored them. What's to say that they were not kept in a safe. For all we know she might have opened the safe to get one out, or put one in when her son attacked her.
    Yes, and moreover we don't know if he forced her to open a safe in some manner before he killed her.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Yes, and moreover we don't know if he forced her to open a safe in some manner before he killed her.
    News reports said she was shot in the head four times while she was in bed. That's the Media report. You know how that goes.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
    Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Sig35seven View Post
    "a gun-hoarding survivalist who was stockpiling weapons in preparation for an economic collapse"
    Sounds like jealousy from the Brits...you know, since they can't own guns.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Sponsor
    Agreed! I keep reading about all of the guns she had and was wondering why her kids have access to them. A gun safe could have changed the outcome of this whole event. At least I want to believe that would have helped. Such a sad situation!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ksgunner View Post
    You would think givin the condition of her son they would be secure....
    Firearms For Sale
    Focused on providing the widest selection of firearms and firearm accessories for sale online.

http://www.firearmsforsale.com

Connect with us
    Facebook | Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links