St. Louis Police Chief Recommends Arming School Personnel - Page 2

St. Louis Police Chief Recommends Arming School Personnel

This is a discussion on St. Louis Police Chief Recommends Arming School Personnel within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by ghost tracker Can I have an AMEN?!? Here ya go......... Lilies of the Field - Amen - YouTube...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: St. Louis Police Chief Recommends Arming School Personnel

Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    Can I have an AMEN?!?
    Here ya go.........
    Lilies of the Field - Amen - YouTube
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

I say one cop in each school and have him hang close to the door. Arm the principle, the asst. and the teachers that volunteer to do so. All public schools in NC has a cop called a school resource officer there so at least we have that in place and they need it since some students and some parents are just a incident waiting to happen.
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

Several years ago Jesse Ventura was the Governor of Minnesota. The rumor was that he advocated that at least two teachers in every building have a
    ccl and have availability during the school day. I was not a Ventura fan, but I thought this was a good idea. At the moment, I am thinking it might be a
    very good idea.

I am a teacher. I have a carry license. Right now, as scary as the thought maybe, the two concepts (teaching and carrying) has some validity. I have no answers, just opinions. I have to get to class.

Fish in a barrel have always been easy targets.

Undefended, unprotected, valuable grounds have always been easy targets.

One of the only ways to help stop violent assault at the moment it occurs is to present a strong, determined, and (if need be) violent accommodation of the assailant(s).

If that can be done via appropriate focus, training, arming of suitable "staff" (whether on-site police, retired police/military, or staff/admin/citizens), there aren't a lot of choices.

Hopefully sanity can prevail in any objective review of the security failings of such "barrel" facilities such as schools, to take this idea along with others in areas of hardening the buildings, toughening the procedures, drilling/training the occupants on realistic potential encounters, etc.

Can anyone say "FOF Training For Schools" instead of "P.E."? Might do a whole lot more good.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Every incident like this shows at least some teachers willing to fight for the students, it's high time they're adequately prepared as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Fish in a barrel have always been easy targets.

Undefended, unprotected, valuable grounds have always been easy targets.

One of the only ways to help stop violent assault at the moment it occurs is to present a strong, determined, and (if need be) violent accommodation of the assailant(s).

If that can be done via appropriate focus, training, arming of suitable "staff" (whether on-site police, retired police/military, or staff/admin/citizens), there aren't a lot of choices.

Hopefully sanity can prevail in any objective review of the security failings of such "barrel" facilities such as schools, to take this idea along with others in areas of hardening the buildings, toughening the procedures, drilling/training the occupants on realistic potential encounters, etc.

Can anyone say "FOF Training For Schools" instead of "P.E."? Might do a whole lot more good.

I hope you aren't advocating eliminating physical education (PE). That is a whole "nother" conversation. Let's just keep the schools safe and allow them to offer a well rounded education.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldy49 View Post
    I hope you aren't advocating eliminating physical education (PE). That is a whole "nother" conversation. Let's just keep the schools safe and allow them to offer a well rounded education.
    Of course not. But having an aggressive, heart-pumping, school-oriented version of FOF training as an option in the P.E. type offerings might do a lot of good ... and be healthy on a number of levels.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

St. Louis Police Chief Recommends Arming School Personnel

Student of the Gun; a beginner once, a student for life.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Of course not. But having an aggressive, heart-pumping, school-oriented version of FOF training as an option in the P.E. type offerings might do a lot of good ... and be healthy on a number of levels.
    Good response. Very good! Thankyou.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepnheat View Post
    I would love that! I do not see how parents wouldn't love that. Actually being a teacher, and in CA, I do. They believe that only police should have guns. They think something bad is going to happen when responsible people carry a gun for protection. I do not understand how these fools are so desensitized to violence, yet run screaming for the hills at the thought of law abiding citizens carrying guns.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepnheat View Post
    I would love that! I do not see how parents wouldn't love that. Actually being a teacher, and in CA, I do. They believe that only police should have guns. They think something bad is going to happen when responsible people carry a gun for protection. I do not understand how these fools are so desensitized to violence, yet run screaming for the hills at the thought of law abiding citizens carrying guns.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Unfortunately most teachers are the kind of people who "hate" guns.

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    Oregon is talking about doing this too. OREGON! Wow, while my state is giving into the madness and talking ban, my state of birth is talking rational response. I may have to move back in with my parents (well, back to the same town anyway).
    Walk softly ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links