St. Louis Police Chief Recommends Arming School Personnel

This is a discussion on St. Louis Police Chief Recommends Arming School Personnel within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; County Police Chief Recommends Arming School Personnel CBS St. Louis...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: St. Louis Police Chief Recommends Arming School Personnel

Thumbs up St. Louis Police Chief Recommends Arming School Personnel

phreddy, Eagleks and atctimmy like this.

2. Remove Ads

Can I have an AMEN?!?
    pittypat21 and atctimmy like this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    Can I have an AMEN?!?
    Amen!
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

Not sure if it's been posted here or not, but a school in Texas is planning to do the same thing.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

Quote Originally Posted by pittypat21 View Post
    Not sure if it's been posted here or not, but a school in Texas is planning to do the same thing.
    Already done!
    GunWeek.com
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I have posted this elsewhere but can you believe that in my forsaken state it is legal (with CCW permit) to carry at school. My assessment is that they figure no one has em so why limit it. Maybe they are partially right,, but what do you know, no teachers have killed anyone!

What is interesting is one can still be terminated, but it isn't illegal. I wonder what the schools will say to the law? Will they allow it or will teachers risk termination?
    Last edited by BigJon10125; December 17th, 2012 at 12:23 PM. Reason: Punctuatoin is not my strong suit
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Nice to know some people are seeing the light. I'm not naive enough to say arming adults in schools will totally prevent school shootings but it can mean the difference between 2 or 3 murdered or 26 murdered. And if the thought of armed resistance makes someone decide not to carry out a shooting spree and no one has to be shot, well that would be ideal.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

After the Virginia Tech murders, I personally witnessed a local university president inquire at my LGS about handgun recommendations & his willingness to pay the expense for ANY requesting professor's CCL class. He said he could no longer, with clear conscious, maintain campus restrictions against legal concealed carry. The potential downside far outweighed any previously mistaken ideas about those restrictions contributing to campus safety.

Have you ever noticed that the supposedly "deranged" murderers are NEVER DERANGED ENOUGH to commit their violent acts at a Biker Rally or a Ranger Battalion Reunion?
    JDE101 and pgrass101 like this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Worth exploring, absolutely.

It's hard to avoid the simple reality that it's extremely difficult to effectively resist violent, armed predation when one doesn't have any ability to resist the attack. Most-effective way to do that, IMO: have an armed citizenry on the receiving end.

Beyond which, it'll likely create a fair deterrent effect, when such murderous folk begin to appreciate how heavily defended the average previously-disarmed criminal-empowerment zone now is.

Assumes appropriate training, staffing, of course.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Our local news station interviewed an Leo who advocated guns in schools. Then he proceeded to explain that under his plan they would be kept in locked safes in the office.

I suppose that's better than nothing, but the odds of running to the safe, opening it under stress, them running back to take out the bad guy are slim.

Senior Moderator
    Most mass shooters crumple at the first sign of resistance, the Newtown killer apparently offed himself when he heard the sirens approaching.
    Sometimes I wonder who the old man in the mirror is....

Lord, Grant me a good sword and no need to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by pgrass101 View Post
    Most mass shooters crumple at the first sign of resistance, the Newtown killer apparently offed himself when he heard the sirens approaching.
    Lord, please forgive me, but I wish for the opportunity to have...hurried him along. That way, You can judge him immediately...and me upon my later arrival.
    BenGoodLuck likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveB2175 View Post
    Our local news station interviewed an Leo who advocated guns in schools. Then he proceeded to explain that under his plan they would be kept in locked safes in the office..
    I wonder if he keeps his duty weapons locked in his trunk?

Glad to hear of this. We need to start protecting our children in the same way that we protect our gold and nukes. Our children are so much more valuable and it boggles the mind that we've never bothered to extend that same level of protection to our most precious and irreplaceable little ones. They are worth every bit of the extra cost as I am sure those who've lost so much just recently might very well attest.

Regardless of how it is done (arming our teachers or through armed security personnel), it needs to be done now. The Left demands that something meaningful be done and relying only upon legislation has produced the disastrous result that we have seen so many times.
    My favorite "gun" book-

QUANTITATIVE AMMUNITION SELECTION

There are a few school districts in Texas that allow their teachers with CC licenses to carry.... been going on for a few years.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links