Have you panic bought the last few days? - Page 7

Have you panic bought the last few days?

This is a discussion on Have you panic bought the last few days? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I'll have to make do with what I've got... which ain't a lot but would scare the xxxx out of your average lib....

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Have you panic bought the last few days?

Distinguished Member Array Brady's Avatar
    I'll have to make do with what I've got... which ain't a lot but would scare the xxxx out of your average lib.
    BugDude likes this.
    ...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one. Luke 22:36
    USN/VET; NRA; GOA, jpfo.org
    Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project www.irenasendler.com

No...and I don't plan to.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

VIP Member
    Nope but did pick up 5 boxes of 10MM ammo at the gun show last weekend, $10 box cheaper than locally.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

i did buy some 9mm ammo. have been meaning to. glad i did cause now they are all out.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. " - Edmund Burke

You cant even get through to the gun counters at any of the very large gun shops here in WI. People are going crazy picking up high capacity mags and AR's

Am I crazy...I have 40 or so mags for my colt m4 and still feel unsure if I have enough for 'the storm'.. and I'm reading here some folks are picking up a couple extra. Do I need to get off my meds? I'm thinking if a ban is instituted it will at best be another 10-years and at worst be a permanent law that will need to be fought tooth and nail over a long period of time and administrations to repeal.. It is within the realm of possibility that we are seeing the twilight of the 30-round magazine..and maybe the dawn of the 'sporting' rifle standardization of the 10-round 'clip' and the 'California' bullet button along with the NY fixed length stock and NJ illegality of hollow point ammo...

write to those representatives and forcefully make your voices heard. In no way engage in the conversation about what is reasonable for hunting...the 2A have little to nothing to do with hunting..

I would for lowers if I could friggin find any.

I'm glad I bought my M&P a few months ago before the election. Getting the rest of things shouldn't be too difficult. I'm in agreeance with the guy earlier about having like 40 mags. A friend that came back from Iraq/Afghanistan gave me a whole stack of his mags he used. Hell several of them still have the sand on/in them. I'm trying not to get too nervous. I think personally the country is at an all time low as far as "quality of life/living". I did pick up my g19c lastnight and hopefully can find some 9mm ammo before everything is bare on the shelves. I do have one feeling with the political system. Since the Reps control the house if they or any other politician wants to re-run or run in the future they had better look hard at the majority of responsible gun owners on this issue. I think this is the highest force the mainstream media and political system has tried to get their way on our way of life, defense and hobby. Don't get let down if you can't find something. Alot of the sites I browse for AR15 parts like uppers and what not are just back logged. They are NOT going to stop manufacturing lowers and uppers as long as the demand is there. And I doubt it's going away ANYtime soon! Everyone just try and be safe and respectful to other people.

A_D

Re: Have you panic bought the last few days?

Just picked up a Stag Lower today! Next up: 30 round magazines!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    "The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time."

-Mark Twain

No panic buying, but I have moved up some of my purchases of ammo and accessories (stuff that shouldn't be part of any legislation) and am making sure I'm supporting my local small gun shops rather than the box stores that are worried about bad publicity.
    One Riot, One Ranger. Long live the Republic of Texas.

JOIN THE NRA AND DO IT TODAY!!

If I were to buy anything I would get 5 P30 mags, 3 P229 mags, and 3 Hi Power mags but unfortunately I lost everything in 200 feet of water in a tragic boating accident last summer. It sucks starting over. Perhaps I should just start with a BB gun.
    At one with the gun.

No. Had just purchased 250 rounds 2 weeks ago, my first "bulk" buy of ammo. Just saw a good deal. I prefer to deal with LGS, but on-line it was darn near 1/2 the price. I did sign up for a local Concealed Draw Class yesterday. Instructor told me good timing, because next month the cost goes from $75 to $150. He said they've been doing it "cheap" kind of like as a service to the gun community, but can't help think that there might be "other" reasons the price is doubling...

As much as I hate to admit it, I did pick up a few things. Now keep in mind... I was planning on buying this stuff ANYWAY but I figured since I knew everyone was going to freak out and it would be more expensive and harder to get I should just go ahead and get it know. I bought 5 mags for my Glock 19 along with stocking up on some reloading components.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

I went to Academy sports yesterday to pick up some 30-30 ammo for a pig hunt I am going on next week. I noticed there were no ARs in the gun rack but there was a M1A. Based on all the news, I thought that Academy has pulled the 10 or so ARs they usually have on display because of the school shooting, but they left the more powerful M1A sitting right out in front. What morons I thought. I asked the guy about them pulling the ARs and the guy behind the counter said they did not pull them, but were all sold out. I was kind of taken back a little. Went over to the ammo aisle to buy my 30-30 ammo and was shocked by how bare the ammo shelves were. No 22/5.56. No 7.2X39. No 9mm, no 45 cal. 40 cal in FMJ only. No 22 LR. I mean the ammo isle was bare. Empty shelf after shelf. There were people wondering up and down the aisle just looking and looking in vain. Quite interesting to witness.
    No trees were harmed in the construction of this post. However a large number of electrons were indiscriminately aroused.

Sadly I was planning on buying a stag model 3... was in the store on Monday (12/17)... was in a rush so put it off and was planning on buying it on Wednesday... then Dicks made their move and people went into a panic. The only thing i would "panic" buy now would be Glock19 15 round mags... if there were any to be found.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Links