American Guns Canceled - Page 2

American Guns Canceled

This is a discussion on American Guns Canceled within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I heard they were cancelled long before the shootings in CT That being said,I thought the show sucked,so does the RedJacket one.....Guns are fun to ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: American Guns Canceled

Senior Member Array sonnycrocket's Avatar
    I heard they were cancelled long before the shootings in CT

That being said,I thought the show sucked,so does the RedJacket one.....Guns are fun to shoot
    so is playing Golf but I dont want to watch it happen,I want to be in the field doing it

Sons of Guns is stupid because all but maybe 2 or 3 of the people on that show are in a constant state of PMS.. mostly the guys. If its not an episode of them ******* and moaning about something... PLUS, most of the guns they modify and sell are some version of a Saiga shotgun or AK variant.. at least in American Guns, they can make a one-off gun from scratch starting with a block of steel or brass.. (thats why they cost so damn much)

I learned about this show when I was holed up in Cleveland for testing prior to surgery. There wasn't much to do so I watched TV. I didn't care for the end of the show where they shoot the guns they had been working on but I enjoyed watching the guys in back milling receivers, putting finishes on their handiwork (and the mother daughter tandem of course). It wasn't good enough to make me a regular viewer but since I don't watch tv, what is?
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations” – James Madison 1788

But yet all the action movies are ok. Blow, New Jack City, Face Off and Lord of War.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

This show should have been cancelled for being terrible. Was it already scrapped and is now being politicized?

Senior Member Array xsigma40cal's Avatar
    About time it was canceled. I dont know if the Wyatts are like that in real life, but that show made them look like a bunch of f*tards. Especially the Dad, who's business skills are beyond laughing at.
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.--->Herbert Spencer

Springfield xd 45, Sig Sauer SP2022(9mm),Remington 700(.308), Yugo M10 variant w/IZH Kobra optic,...and lots of ammo for all of 'em.

Senior Member Array xsigma40cal's Avatar
    Keep Sons of Guns, Theyre actually tolerable.
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.--->Herbert Spencer

Springfield xd 45, Sig Sauer SP2022(9mm),Remington 700(.308), Yugo M10 variant w/IZH Kobra optic,...and lots of ammo for all of 'em.

I understand why people like Sons of Guns. I watched it until the "taser shotgun" episode. I could deal with the fake stuff like made-up drama and the explosions that the fmj bullets supposedly cause to targets (American Guns was even worse about this). ...But I couldn't watch it after the taser shotgun "idea".

I do enjoy Top Shot, though. History Channel can have all the gun shows for all I care, lol. Top Shot got rid of most of the drama and made it more about the competition. Plus, I like the slo-mo shots. Seasons 1-2 must be fast forwarded to be tolerable, though.

Distinguished Member
    I like Top Shot simply because I like to see the different guns in action. Yes, kind of disappointing to see rocks, knives, Atlatl (although that was interesting) instead of guns. But I've learned a lot just watching that show. Maybe for real experienced shooters it may not be as interesting. But it is to me.

I occasionally watched American Guns and Sons of Guns and it was hard at times to watch. But there were some interesting moments for both. I guess I got a few things out so I didn't mind. But as I've learned more those have been pushed aside and I wasn't really watching them anymore.

Just my take.
    EDC - M&P Shield .40, Ruger P90, OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    It's odd that all these anti's hate anyone having a gun, but when trouble 'visits' THEM, they always want to call someone who has a gun.
    Try again.,.. When trouble visits them it turns out they have been closet carrying a gun all along...
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links