American Guns Canceled

American Guns Canceled

This is a discussion on American Guns Canceled within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This may just be the tip of the iceberg of anti-gun sentiment that may take over the media and public discourse for the near future. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: American Guns Canceled

Senior Member Array KoriBustard's Avatar

American Guns Canceled

This may just be the tip of the iceberg of anti-gun sentiment that may take over the media and public discourse for the near future. Discovery Channel, in the wake of the Newtown tragedy has cancelled the show with critics saying things like "your show make shooting guns look normal," or with [shows like this] "it's not surprising how guns r seen as acceptable." Are you kidding me? This is so revealing of what we're up against, that is people who fundamentally see guns as "not normal" and "unacceptable."

Discovery hit
    NRA Member
    GOAL Member
    Certified NRA RSO
    EDC: M&P 9c
    Favorite Firearm: 1968 SW .357 Revolver

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    Sad. I wish I could live in a world where reason, not emotion, reigned in decision making.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Distinguished Member
    Also, my wife called me a little while ago with news that some Democratic Senator posted something somewhere about needing a ban and people were posting comments essentially calling for the killing of those who have guns or like them and calling us as bad as those who did the atrocities. Pogrom's anyone?
    EDC - Glock 21C, M&P Shield .40 OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    I saw several episodes, not a whole season. I did not think the program was that good to begin with. They never said what the projects cost. When you blow up cars to demonstrate a project to a customer there has to be some good mark up! They once built a custom rifle for a disabled vet. That was a great show! The article said the show was not in production so the Discovery channel may have already made a decision prior to the incident. I hate to see less shows about guns. I did enjoy the owners daughter, nice looking girl.

It's odd that all these anti's hate anyone having a gun, but when trouble 'visits' THEM, they always want to call someone who has a gun.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I'll miss seeing two members of Wyatt's family. Morgan & Virgil.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    I'm surprised it took this long to get axed. Doubt it had anythig to do with recent events. If they pull every cop show, etc., I might agree with the OP's intent.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    It's odd that all these anti's hate anyone having a gun, but when trouble 'visits' THEM, they always want to call someone who has a gun.

Yeah man, I wonder how many guns Mayor Bloomberg is surrounded by every day (his bodyguards). I'm guessing there will never be any restrictions on Bloomberg's gun rights. Whatta joke.......
    'Be careful, even in small matters' - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I'm surprised it took this long to get axed. Doubt it had anythig to do with recent events. If they pull every cop show, etc., I might agree with the OP's intent.

Yep, I feel same way. I think the only thing that kept it going this far was the owner's hottie daughter. Oh, and I did get a kick out of watching that super-fat guy waddle around (apologies for not being strictly PC).
    'Be careful, even in small matters' - Miyamoto Musashi

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chevy-SS View Post
    Yeah man, I wonder how many guns Mayor Bloomberg is surrounded by every day (his bodyguards). I'm guessing there will never be any restrictions on Bloomberg's gun rights. Whatta joke.......
    Of course not, we gotta protect the "IMPORTANT PEOPLE" because everyone else is UNIMPORTANT (at least to them).
    EDC - Glock 21C, M&P Shield .40 OR Ruger SR1911 CMD AND
    Ruger LCP in Desantis Pocket Holster (backup)
    Member - SAF, OFF,
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    According to reports, the decision was made some time ago due to poor ratings at the end and no plot going forward.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

We cancelled all of television five years ago when we moved to a more remote region that has no reception. Never got into satellite or cable.

So, "American Guns" was never experienced. American guns are available on premises if needed for entertainment.

We bought a new larger flat-screen TV last year but it's only for DVD watching.
    Hoganbeg likes this.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society "Get heeled! No really"

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Member Array chiefs-special-guy's Avatar
    the show was lousy. sorry, but it was silly and so staged it made me laugh. they also made ridiculous guns for ludicrous prices. but i agree the young lady was very pretty...
    Six for sure...Uh, I mean Five. Five for sure..

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    I'm glad its canceled but not for the reasons that was given.
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl, Model 65 357 Mag, and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

American Guns Canceled

Hollywood is just a bunch or hypocritical fools that drink unicorn milk with lunch

Here a tweet for Kurt Sutter producer of Sons Of Anarchy. A show full of violence much with guns and centered around the 1% lifestyle

"
    @sutterink: dear NRA, we know you are good people, good americans. please work with us to protect our children and your constitutional rights."

What a hypocrite... He makes money off guns, shooting and crime in a television. He has no responsibility in glorifying it? We do as Gun owners ? I don't get it... Buts it Hollywood !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links