Defensive Carry banner

Your best "One Line Defense"

3K views 32 replies 24 participants last post by  discoboxer 
#1 ·
Well, it's getting heated out there and it's probably going to become pretty nasty over the next couple weeks.

There are a lot of witty people on this forum and most of us have the same goals, the preservation of our right to keep arms. I'm sure almost all of us will find ourselves in a conversation where we are defending our rights (if not, then engage :yup: ).

What are some "one liners" that you have heard and can share for the rest of us to add to our arsenal. They can be serious or fun.

Common Examples:

"When seconds count, cops are minutes away"

"I keep a gun because a cop doesn't fit in my pocket"

Let's hear them!

#2 ·
I don't really encounter many people that are antis/make it known that they are except for on the internet and I try to get into discussions with them so I don't resort to one liners.

#3 ·
I hear ya blitzburg, but also looking to have some fun and lighten the mood lately with some humor. A good discussion can go a long way, but so can some humor to keep people from escalating.

#4 ·
#5 ·
Crowman, technically that's a collection of one liners........but I like it anyways. :biggrin2:

#6 ·
How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?

Have had that in my siggy for a long while.

#7 ·
I call these 'gun-liners':
An armed man is a Citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.
A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the 'phone.
Glock: The original point and click interface.
Gun Control is not about guns; it's about control.
If guns are outlawed, can we use swords?
If guns cause crime, then pencils cause misspelled words.
Free Men do not ask permission to bear arms.
If you don't know your Rights you don't have any.
Those who trade Liberty for security have neither.
What part of "shall not be infringed" do you not understand?
The Second Amendment is in place in case they ignore the others.
84,999,987 firearms owners killed no one yesterday.
Guns only have two enemies: rust and Liberals.
Know guns, know peace and safety. No guns, no peace nor safety.
You don't shoot to kill; you shoot to stay alive.
911 - Government sponsored Dial-a-Prayer.
Assault is a behavior, not a device.
Criminals love gun control -- it makes their jobs safer.
If guns cause crime, then matches cause arson.
Only a government that is afraid of its citizens tries to control them.
You only have the Rights you are willing to fight for.
Enforce the "gun control laws" we have, don't make more.
When you remove the people's right to bear arms, you create slaves.
The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control.
"...a government of the people, by the people, for the people...."
Gun control is hitting what you aim at.
Those who live by the sword have a fighting chance. [Also: Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't.]
Blaming a gun for crime is like blaming a fork for Rosie O'Donnell for being FAT!
My Gun? I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.
Firearm safety - It's a matter for education, not legislation.
The day they want my guns they'll have to bring theirs.
An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.
How can you praise freedom, and condemn that which gains and preserves it?
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
The right to buy weapons is the right to be free.
Shooting. The only sport endorsed by the Founding Fathers.
"My wife and my gun: 'til death do us part."
When they come for your guns, give them the ammo first!
If you are free to be a liberal -- thank a man with a gun!
Without my gun, the King of England could just come into my house and start quartering soldiers!
The D.C. gun ban works - just ask James Brady
Keep guns out of the hands of criminals, buy them for yourself.
Guns are smart enough. We need smarter politicians.

some of my other favorites (some from folks on this forum):

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

"Training errors are recorded on paper. Tactical errors are etched in stone." – Rommel

If guns kill, then beds cause pregnancy!

Gun control, the theory that 110lb. women have the "right" to fistfight with 210lb. rapists

“Criminals are not dissuaded by soft words, soft judges or easy laws. They are dissuaded by fear and they are prevented from repeating their crimes by death or by incarceration.”
Ronald Reagan, 1975

the only fight with rules come with ropes and neutral corners.
If you don't see those.... anything goes

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Col. Jeff Cooper, USMC

You might find me dead in a ditch one day, but I'll be in a pile of brass.

If you're not shooting, you should be loading.
If you're not loading, you should be moving.
If you're not moving, someone's going to cut your
head off and put it on a stick.
Clint Smith

Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice.

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

shout shove show shoot. and if that don't work call for an airstrike

Blessed be the Lord my rock who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

“There is no such thing as enough training. In a fight, there are four factors that will determine the outcome: your luck, your skill, his luck, and his skill. You can only influence one of those factors."

reporter: 'Sheriff, I see you have your pistol. Are you expecting trouble?'
Sheriff: 'No Ma'am. If I were expecting trouble, I would have brought my rifle.'

Better to die with a weapon in hand, than to live with the boot of oppression on your throat.

"GOD grant me the SERENITY to accept the people I can't shoot, COURAGE to shoot the people I must, & the WISDOM to know the difference."

"Let me guess... This isn't about the alcohol or tobacco."

When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.

Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

Those who live by the sword get shot by those that don't.

#10 ·
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." -- George Washington

#12 ·
Another good list, thanks niks!

"In England, if you commit a crime, the police don't have a gun and you don't have a gun. If you commit a crime, the police will say 'Stop, or I'll say stop again.'"
- Robin Williams

That's funny.

Reactions: mulle46
#20 ·
I've asked this of people who don't think anyone "needs" a gun for home and self defense: "Have you ever heard of an unarmed victim of a violent crime that was glad they did NOT have a gun to protect themselves? Because, let me tell you, I used to think that guns were evil and even the word frightened me. I've been the victim of violence, and when my attacker was strangling and raping me, I sure wished I had a gun right then."

Reactions: sensei2
#21 ·
This country can't keep 10 million illegal people out or illegal drugs from South America out of the pockets of Junior High kids, yet they think they can make more laws against guns and actually keep them out of the hands of criminals and crazies at the expense of the rights and safety of law-abiding citizens.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.