WOW- Cheaper Than Dirt suspending all firearms sales

This is a discussion on WOW- Cheaper Than Dirt suspending all firearms sales within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I used to have them bookmarked...not now. They were a goto place, but now they can go belly-up if they wish. g'bye!...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: WOW- Cheaper Than Dirt suspending all firearms sales

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    I used to have them bookmarked...not now. They were a goto place, but now they can go belly-up if they wish. g'bye!
    Chroode likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Lucky for me I live 3 miles from their McKinney store. I am shocked that they are caving to the pressure, but it is getting ugly out there. Some of the liberal nut jobs are tweeting that all NRA members should be tried for murder, or even shot (and sometimes both).

I *hope* they are just suspending online sales until the dust clears (IF the dust clears).
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post
    Lucky for me I live 3 miles from their McKinney store. I am shocked that they are caving to the pressure, but it is getting ugly out there. Some of the liberal nut jobs are tweeting that all NRA members should be tried for murder, or even shot (and sometimes both).

I *hope* they are just suspending online sales until the dust clears (IF the dust clears).
    Ya know Paco, it's still an appalling display of lack of intestinal fortitude on CTD's part. It is quite likely that their attorneys advised them to do so, and therefore they knuckled under. To me it is shameful. As you mentioned, the 'liberal' voices that they fear is coming from a bunch of irrational nuts, whose words and actions speak for themselves and reveal them to be the senseless, sniveling vipers who strike out at just about anything that is good.

As a business owner, I understand that risk mitigation is not to be take lightly. However, there's also a point where you do what you know is right, and let the chips fall where they may. I often wonder if we are becoming a nation of cowards. I hope there's still enough spirit in this old glory girl to shrug off this nonsense.
    phreddy, darbo, bigdog44 and 2 others like this.

I've only ordered once from them. Never again. Their prices were terrible, anyways.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Self censorship is the worst censorship of all. A company that for years existed because of support by its customers for freedom from gun control and then they self impose gun control. They are all for gun rights until the heat is turned up. That's when they should stand up.

Unfortunately this debilitating spinal condition is spreading all too rapidly.

God help us.
    daddysgirl likes this.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

OldVet, very true. Can't blame them for practicing capitalism!

My business is no longer theirs..
    ErnieNWillis likes this.
    EDC: M&P 9*2
    PHIL.4:13

NRA

Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post

They are done.. When the dust clears ill still boycott. When the dust is up I expect them to support us. I may even drive up there and picket them.
    Chroode likes this.

Supply and demand. They did this back in 2008/2009 too - not a big deal to me. It's smart business. If they charge $60 a mag, and the mags get banned - they still have stock they can sell. If they suspend gun sales until prices skyrocket even higher - they'll make more money. It sucks for the consumer - but there are other business strategies out there.

Personally I have never ordered from Cheaper than Dirt - but that's because they sell crap, or normal stuff priced too high. I think it's nice they support this site - "free" advertising for them, and less money worries for the fine folks that keep this site up and running.

Austin

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    Remember the 1st time O'bummer got elected and they jacked up the price on .380 ammo? Thats when I decided to never do business with them again.

Senior Member Array wishyouwell's Avatar
    Buds has been crashed out all day, too. The original XD's are up about 50 bucks since last week.

GH
    My list of businesses that don't support the 2nd Amendment & I won't do any business with is growing daily. A lady talk show host in my city just gave Cheaper than Dirt a plug last week. She's a shooter, a carrier with a CCL & talks firearms often. I'll have to enlighten her.

Smith caved & I wouldn't buy anything made by them until I learned that at the time they were owned by a British firm. Now that figures. At this time it's owned by Americans.

I wouldn't mind if CTD is removed as a sponsor of this site, either.

I respect the right that a company can sell what it wants to but in the same token they'll have to respect my right not to do business with them even if they see the light some day. Ever. I buy many other outdoor items that have nothing to do with firearms.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

Went to their store here in Ft. Worth today and bought something...not saying what...but it is dark in color and people commonly referred to it by stating two initials and two numbers.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

GH
    Quote Originally Posted by 1MoreGoodGuy View Post
    Went to their store here in Ft. Worth today and bought something...not saying what...but it is dark in color and people commonly referred to by stating two initials and two numbers.
    Give us another hint, GoodGuy. My brain is frazzled enough without this. I've gone through a dozen combinations, lol.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

Lets also be fair and let Dicks know we do not appreciate their caving on the right of the sportsman and the second amendment. Yes it is their choice what to sell but pulling ARs is just playing along with the media and the misinformation out there. That now means I have the right to no longer spend my money there ever again. I'm just one but if others follow the message is sent.
    I sent them an email asking to delete my account and Scorecard. So far no response.
    It's not a problem til they make it one!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links