Need some P Mags? Better grab them....

This is a discussion on Need some P Mags? Better grab them.... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Got a dozen earlier in the year. $14 each for 30 rounder....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Need some P Mags? Better grab them....

Got a dozen earlier in the year. $14 each for 30 rounder.

2. Remove Ads

I've got all the magazines I need for the time being. Ammo is another story.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by Gene83 View Post
    I've got all the magazines I need for the time being. Ammo is another story.
    This. I'm holding what I have, who knows how long it will be before supplies replenish and at what cost?

Quote Originally Posted by ponchsox View Post
    This. I'm holding what I have, who knows how long it will be before supplies replenish and at what cost?
    That's the problem. I work in a store that sells ammo. We're out of everything in .223 and 5.56 and have no idea when more may arrive. Other calibers are rapidly disappearing also.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by Gene83 View Post
    That's the problem. I work in a store that sells ammo. We're out of everything in .223 and 5.56 and have no idea when more may arrive. Other calibers are rapidly disappearing also.
    It appears the panic buying is spreading to .22lr as well. That's all I will be shooting for a while.

Distinguished Member Array brocktice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ponchsox View Post
    It appears the panic buying is spreading to .22lr as well. That's all I will be shooting for a while.
    My local Wal-Mart has a ton of CCI .22lr. I'm pretty well-stocked for now too.

Quote Originally Posted by kapnketel View Post
    I had planned on ordering this last weekend anyway and did with a greater sense of urgency. However, even if an AWB bill passes, it will be after Congress reconvenes and will be several months to work its way through Congress. Time plenty for MagPul to run production 24/7 filling back orders. Places like Midway and Brownell's will probably get first crack at supply and I do not see them going nuts on pricing. Order today with back order, get to the head of the line and wait. You will get them I believe.
    This was my thought exactly

between now and march though I will be purchasing at least 1 more springfield Xd with 10 more high cap mags. I am going to buy 4 ar stripped lower receivers, and 30 30 rd mags. I figure it to be about a $2000 investment but money well spent. I have even convinced the Mrs as I remember the prices going up 4-5x face value during the last ban. So I see it as an investment as well.

Distinguished Member Array brocktice's Avatar

Re: Need some P Mags? Better grab them....

Quote Originally Posted by SigSaurP228 View Post
    This was my thought exactly

between now and march though I will be purchasing at least 1 more springfield Xd with 10 more high cap mags. I am going to buy 4 ar stripped lower receivers, and 30 30 rd mags. I figure it to be about a $2000 investment but money well spent. I have even convinced the Mrs as I remember the prices going up 4-5x face value during the last ban. So I see it as an investment as well.
    Are you worried at all about confiscation? Seems like an unlikely but significant risk to buying now.

Quote Originally Posted by lordofwyr View Post
    If you waited til now I think you are going to be pretty much sunk.

Glad I stocked up last year in a fit of Prepping.

You can never have too many....only too few.....
    Oh, I have plenty of steel mags for the AR, and have for a while. Just no PMags. Which is part of the reason I've never bought any PMags before now. I do have plenty of perfectly good steel mags and always thought the PMags would be always available when I did get around to getting some. But with a Hi-Cap magazine ban likely to occur, I am going to pick some up, if I can get them at a reasonable price. I'm not going to get gouged just to get "PMags" as I already have enough regular ones to last through the apocolypse.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by BigRed1911 View Post
    I searched about 20 sites that were all out of them yesterday. I finally found one. Thefirestore.com. That had some. 14.99 each and I got 6.
    Can you post up a direct link to them on the website... It's mainly a firefighting gear store, and I'm not having any luck finding them on the website or in any searches for Magpul, Magazines, PMag or P Mag.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

My current partner at work is a FFL, all his vendors are swamped.
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

Distinguished Member
    Over the past year I've snagged a couple of pmags every pay day and a 420rd can of 5.56 every month. Range days have consumed about half of the ammo, leaving a reasonable supply for upcoming trips to the range for a while.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar

Need some P Mags? Better grab them....

There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

VIP Member
    $7500 bucks wow

Re: Need some P Mags? Better grab them....

Someone just got rich.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. " - Edmund Burke

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links