Serenity now....serenity now Let's calm down

This is a discussion on Serenity now....serenity now Let's calm down within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I would like to address some of the threads that have been popping up lately. In light of the unimaginable tragedy in Ct., many of ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Serenity now....serenity now Let's calm down

Serenity now....serenity now Let's calm down

I would like to address some of the threads that have been popping up lately.

In light of the unimaginable tragedy in Ct., many of us are losing focus.

We hear of $900 cases of ammo, $50 p-mags, bare shelves at the gun store, and stores "pulling guns" altogether. I've read about martial law and nationwide gun grabs. Lets stop for a minute.

If I can go out on a limb here, I think it's our fault. We the people who exercise our 2nd Amendment rights are freaking out. We know that our representatives are going to react to this tragedy by calling for "gun control". We figure this means martial law, gun grabs etc... We of course want to run to the gun store and buy up as many guns and as much ammo as we can fit in our car. A large percentage of the gun owning population is doing just that. Our stores are sold out, and they see dollar signs. Things are not worth MSRP. Things are worth whatever the heck someone will pay for it. Theres a reason that Ferrari wouldnt talk to you about the Enzo unless you were willing to shell out $300,000 over sticker. It's because some rock star in an Armani suit said he'd pay it.

Supply and demand. Its an up and down curve, but in the end, it all averages out. Let's not drive the prices of things through the roof. Let's sit back and relax for a little while. We are all feeding off of each other and IMO I think we are blowing the market way out of proportion.

The more we panic, the more we will have to panic about. Not that it is possible, but if everyone went back to their regular buying pattern, the market would normalize pretty quickly.

I just refuse to contribute to a market that so blatantly takes advantage of such a tragedy.

2. Remove Ads

Yeah, Im with you.
    aus71383 and 10thmtn like this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

I'm there. Good post.
    " But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself... Baa." Col. Dave Grossman on Sheep and Sheepdogs.

Senior Moderator
    Too late.

If you werent smart enough to see it coming then you will be forced to buy at inflated prices...or you will do without.

Call it punishment for having ones head up ones tail and not paying attention.
    atctimmy and OD* like this.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Not me, I'm stocking up on pellets for my pellet gun before they come after those next. You guys will learn... panic now, while it's still in vogue.
    TX expat and iguanadon like this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Distinguished Member Array lchamp's Avatar
    I bought several guns and many cases of ammo well before the election, so I'm not in the panic mode now. I WILL, however, cease to support any store or corporation that sold guns last week and doesn't sell them now...even if they are a sponsor of this site.
    blitzburgh likes this.

Cool heads will prevail.
    glockman10mm, Hopyard and kb2wji like this.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

VIP Member
    The industry isn't taking advantage of anything. The fact that people are buying all of the product that they can get on the shelves is not their fault. Yes, prices will go up- it is a basic part of supply and demand. But only to the point that the demand slows to meet the supply.

I'm not positive that the gun control scheme will pass, but there's a better chance than there was a week ago. This ban is likely to be worse than the last one we had. Person to person transfer of pre-ban magazines will likely be prohibited. Transfer or pre-ban guns may be as well. If you're not stocked up on what you need/want now really is the time to buy, even if you pay a few dollars more than you would have a week ago. Personally I plan to pick up a couple of rifles this weekend just to make sure I have spares in the event that it becomes difficult to get them in the future. From checking prices I'll pay about $300 more than I would have last Thursday, but that's the price I pay for not having them on hand before.

With any luck I will be able to offset the difference some by getting more for the AK I'm still trying to sell.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

Senior Moderator
    I do need to invest in a good wrist rocket though.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL

VIP Member
    I'm stocking up on fishing supplies because I think that'll be the next most likely target for these anti types.

I think I can still pull my old Martin recurve.
    glockman10mm likes this.

Senior Moderator
    A blowgun might not be a bad thing to have. I saw a guy walking out of the store with several of them.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL

I prefer "hoochey mama". :-)
    kb2wji likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    A blowgun might not be a bad thing to have. I saw a guy walking out of the store with several of them.
    Maybe they're Democrat blowguns so they can blow smoke up your ass from across the room
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Maybe they're Democrat blowguns so they can blow smoke up your ass from across the room
    Can we say that here?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links