Academy Removes AR15s

This is a discussion on Academy Removes AR15s within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I just came from Academy doing some last minute clean-up shopping. They were selling AR's hand-over-fist. There were maybe 20 people lined up at the ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Academy Removes AR15s

VIP Member
    I just came from Academy doing some last minute clean-up shopping. They were selling AR's hand-over-fist.

There were maybe 20 people lined up at the gun counter. The counter was lined with people filling out paperwork. I've never seen anything like it.
    atctimmy likes this.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oldnfat View Post
    Folks, I fear there are dark days coming.
    Friend, I don't know where you've been. The dark days are here. 20 1st graders were murdered last week in America. Bad times are right now.
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and Ió
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    I just came from Academy doing some last minute clean-up shopping. They were selling AR's hand-over-fist.

There were maybe 20 people lined up at the gun counter. The counter was lined with people filling out paperwork. I've never seen anything like it.
    Good. I hope DC is listening to the sounds of citizens arming themselves.
    ErnieNWillis and WHEC724 like this.
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and Ió
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Echo_Four View Post
    I've been looking for a Sport to have on hand as a loaner/spare rifle myself. They've never been too easy to find. With the current rush on ARs it may be a while. If they do ban guns based on how they look it may be decades before I manage to find one I suppose.
    FYI, the Sport model was what I got last week. Our local store had received three, I got #2. They also had numerous other M&P models as well as Sigs, Rems, Colts and others. All were gone by early this week. I was lucky to buy it the day before the Newtown shootings since who knows what they will sell for on the aftermarket if a new version of the Clinton era AWB is passed. How many here remember the original ban and how hicap mags went from selling for around $10 to $50+ and many pre-ban rifles doubled in price or more?
    "... Americans... we want a safe home, to keep the money we make and shoot bad guys." -- Denny Crane

Maybe it's just me but I gotta say something...If you didn't want or need an AR15 before the recent tragedy,or are now just thinking about supporting the NRA when you had ample time and opportunity in the last several years,I don't feel one bit sorry that you can't find a gun or ammo in the mad rush.
    Basically all these Johnny and Joan come latelys do is jack up the prices of any guns Ammo and Magazines,I saw a Gun Store trying to get through to Stag Arms to place an order and couldn't get through after numerous attempts.I'm just glad that I had enough foresight to buy reloading equipment,powder, primers, and stockpile brass before any insanity.
    ACADEMY PULLED ALL THEIR AR15 RIFLES OFF THE SHELVES IN STORES CLOSE TO MEXICO 2 YEARS AGO,BUT YOU STILL SUPPORT THEM EVEN THO THEY DID THEIR OWN AWB
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

duka... I agree somewhat, but some people needed a wake up call, again. If the frenzy gets some off the couch and in the game, then that's a good thing, IMO.

All Academy locations in the Austin, TX area are out...

Went looking for a Mossberg 715T for my Nephew. All Academy locations were sold out of everyting sport / AR style. Went to my local shop next.
    They and one left. Had about 10 different .223, 5.56 models available. Didn't check Cabela's but heard they were out as well.

ARs are wiped out everywhere I've been. Same with 223/556 ammo and most 9mm ammo.

I doubt that academy has stopped selling them, more likely is that they are just out of stock and no idea when they will get more in from the distributor.

Until recently I have had no desire to buy an AR, but I have wanted a Ruger Mini-14 for a really REALLY long time. I haven't had enough disposable income to buy one but I would peruse various seller's website dreaming of the day when I could walk in and pay cash for one of those babies. With the rush on semi-auto rifles and the potential for a ban, it looks like I may never be able to buy one. Guess I had better get practiced up on my 22 mag lever gun.

Re: Academy Removes AR15s

22mag is a cool round. Can find 10/22s in that caliber as well. Enjoy! I too looked at minis for a long time. You may be able to get one for 800 or so if prices cool off. If laws get real stupid they may go up to several thousand bucks.
    Smilinswordsman likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links