Academy Removes AR15s

Academy Removes AR15s

This is a discussion on Academy Removes AR15s within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Whelp, another one bites the dust. I WAS going to buy a 15/22 from them this week, and possibly a full AR-15 soon, but when ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Academy Removes AR15s

Academy Removes AR15s

Whelp, another one bites the dust. I WAS going to buy a 15/22 from them this week, and possibly a full AR-15 soon, but when going on their site today, I noticed not a SINGLE AR-15/esque/ish rifle exist in the list. None. Sure, they are still probably in stock in the store, but they just lost ALL my future business, and I bought ammo from them every week.

CTD. Dicks. Now Academy.

Appeasers who don't realize that they're attempting to appease people who will never spend money at their stores in the first place. Nope, instead they're ******* off their customer base.

"Removes" AR's, or simply has zero in inventory due to heavy sales and no prospects of any refills coming soon?
    Supraman762 likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Good. Just remember all this. Cause when it all blows over. They can go out of business while you abandon the loyalty you used to show them by spending money at their store...as they have abandon the legal and responsible gun owners that kept them in business.
    atctimmy and cn262 like this.

Distinguished Member
    Folks, I fear there are dark days coming.
    I shoot with a pistol and a Canon. We must all hang together amigos, or we will all hang separately. NRA life member.

My local shop didn't have a single AR for sale the other day -- They were out but said reinforcements were en route. If you recall, it was the same gun shop and range that was on FoxNews over the summer taking heat because they were going to offering birthday parties for 8 yr olds at the range (safe, educational, and one on one instruction).

Relax. Until I see a specific announcement from a particular retailer, I give them the benefit of the doubt. CTD only announced online sales suspensions. I think their local retail store is still open for business unless I'm wrong.
    One Riot, One Ranger. Long live the Republic of Texas.

JOIN THE NRA AND DO IT TODAY!!

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    "Removes" AR's, or simply has zero in inventory due to heavy sales and no prospects of any refills coming soon?
    Nope, full on removal.

I didn't see any in the local Academy today. Sportsmans Warehouse only had 3 left on the shelf. 3 days ago the shelf was full.
    At one with the gun.

I went to Academy last night and there were no ARs on the gun rack. They usually have 10 or so on display. Thought the same thing, they got pulled. But I did see the M1A they have on the gun rack and I thought what morons the Acadmey people are pulling the AR, but leaving the more powerful M1A on display. I called over the guy behind the counter after elbowing my way through the crowd at the gun counter to ask if the indeed pull the ARs and he said that they did not pull them, but they were sold out. I then started looking around and noticed that people were 2 and 3 deep looking, buying and asking questions about all the firearms. I then went to the ammo aisle to buy some 30-30 ammo for a pig hunt and was absolutely shocked. There was no ammo. No 223/5.56, no 7.62x39, no 9mm, no 45 cal, only 1 box of 40 cal FMJ that was picked up by some one while I was standing there. No 22 LR of any kind. I mean the shleves were bare. I did find the 30-30 I wanted, but that was about it. Hunting ammo gone, defensive ammo gone, defensive shot guns shells gone. And the entire shooting hunting section was so full of people asking questions on ammo availability and gun availability, that I got out of there. I live in Katy TX, so it may be a little different in Texas.
    No trees were harmed in the construction of this post. However a large number of electrons were indiscriminately aroused.

So WHERE can we order. I've been looking for days for a S&W M&P15 Sport 5.56... can't find a single site or shop locally with one.

HELP!!
    EDC: M&P 9*2
    PHIL.4:13

NRA

I was at Academy last night and overhead the gun counter guys telling somebody "its only temporary but we have no idea when we will stock them again." I'm assuming this was about the ARs but not positive. This was in Sugar Land, Tx. I went to Carter's Country to buy my ammo instead. Txron, you should have a Carter's over there in Katy. Try them out. Always friendly and helpful. They still had ammo too but only FMJ .223 left at the one in Stafford.

Well, I emailed Academy noting my disgust about them removing ARs from their website, and got a canned response in return stating that they removed them due to the recent shootings.

Thank you for contacting Academy Sports + Outdoors. We are currently selling MSR (Modern/Military Style Rifles) but out of respect for those families and the tragic situation, we have chosen to not broadly advertise these items.

So how do we get a hold of one if not listed on the website?
    EDC: M&P 9*2
    PHIL.4:13

NRA

Quote Originally Posted by DandLfam View Post
    So WHERE can we order. I've been looking for days for a S&W M&P15 Sport 5.56... can't find a single site or shop locally with one.

HELP!!
    Good luck finding a Sport. You'll need it. I was looking months before this ever happened and they were already few and far between.
    DandLfam likes this.

Interesting, since I was at the local Academy Wednesday and when I asked where all the "black" rifles where the sales clerk said there was a rush in sales and they were all sold by this past Monday. I also asked where the AR mags and 5.56 & 7.62 ammo were and was told several people came in and purchased every magazine and box of ammo for AR/AK style rifles the store had. He also mentioned that these same men work the gun shows here in east Texas and suspects these same guys will be selling the Academy merchandise at area gun shows with a considerable mark-up in the near future! I have known the guy for years, purchased quite a few guns from him and have no reason to believe he'd lie to me about it.

FWIW, talk about timing. I bought an M&P 15 and a couple of extra 30 rd mags from him just last Thursday, the day before the school tragedy in Connecticut. Paid $650 for the S&W and $14 each for the magazines. I wonder what they will be going for at the shows in the next few weeks?
    "... Americans... we want a safe home, to keep the money we make and shoot bad guys." -- Denny Crane

VIP Member
    I've been looking for a Sport to have on hand as a loaner/spare rifle myself. They've never been too easy to find. With the current rush on ARs it may be a while. If they do ban guns based on how they look it may be decades before I manage to find one I suppose.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links