Defensive Carry banner

Piers Morgan Calls Pro-Gun Advocate 'Unbelievably Stupid,' 'Dangerous': 'You Shame Yo

4K views 45 replies 40 participants last post by  Bark'n 
#1 ·
#5 ·
The only thing that would make any sense is that he received a large payment for appearing which could then go toward the fight against gun control. Why would the show do that? I suppose because they know that nobody will be swayed by either side's arguments and it's all about ratings and pandering to those of fixed opinion in the interest of entertainment.
After all, this is not a show about news, journalism, or even debate. It is a show that encourages emotion over logic and has no intention of promoting a solution. It is, purely and simply, rabble rousing whose sole aim is to line their own pockets!

#14 ·
Actually, I don't think his lack of gun rights has anything to do with it. It is more a case of intellectual dishonesty; a high crime in my book. See BugDude's post #11. I think he has summed it up admirably.

#11 ·
Evil and human violence was prevelant long before guns came on the scene...thousands of years and no one has yet to come up with a cure for it, just tactics for dealing with it. As the scale of violence excalates, so must the scale of measures to defend against it. Pretending it isn't there or will magically fix itself is a very naive and immature way to look at the realities of this world. Unfortunate, but just the way it is.

#16 ·
Piers Morgan is a former British journalist who was implicated in the phone bugging scandal. Got his start in America on "America's got Talent" and then took over when Larry King retired from CNN.

The short version is he is the new Larry King with an accent and no audience.

#17 ·
British??? Maybe the next time the Brits get into a pickle we should ship them peace symbols, flower seeds and meditation beads. What's he doing criticizing Americans? If he hasn't become a citizen yet, throw him out of the country! Whatever he's got might be catching................cure the infection.

#19 ·
I wouldn't know Piers Morgan if he bit me on the big toe but ... this just in:

Piers Morgan is a nitwit.

#20 ·
Nice,resort to name-calling when your argument doesn't hold water.

#22 ·
I do not watch Piers, he is a waste of time.

#25 ·
The proliferation of mass attacks in relatively recent history is a symptom of larger looming social issues. Semi-automatic weapons have been available to the public for far longer than these events started occurring. It's not like the day after they were available to the public these events started occurring. It was decades, and many of them. It is time to look for the root causes rather than the symptoms...but people don't want to do that because they won't like what they find. Since the late 80s, more powerful and cheaper drugs, more broken families, more violent imagery, the internet, funding cuts for mental health...you can go off on any of those issues and many more and come away with a host of contributing factors. But it's much easier to blame guns. They will start with what they call assault weapons, and when the next one occurs they will say that wasn't enough. Then they will go after handguns. Then shotguns. Then BB guns, etc. All the while, ignoring the real issues at the heart of a declining social structure. What a shame.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.