Piers Morgan Calls Pro-Gun Advocate 'Unbelievably Stupid,' 'Dangerous': 'You Shame Yo

This is a discussion on Piers Morgan Calls Pro-Gun Advocate 'Unbelievably Stupid,' 'Dangerous': 'You Shame Yo within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Piers Morgan Calls Pro-Gun Advocate 'Unbelievably Stupid,' 'Dangerous': 'You Shame Your Country' | NewsBusters.org For the anti's it is not about facts and a "discussion/dialogue". ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Piers Morgan Calls Pro-Gun Advocate 'Unbelievably Stupid,' 'Dangerous': 'You Shame Yo

Piers Morgan Calls Pro-Gun Advocate 'Unbelievably Stupid,' 'Dangerous': 'You Shame Yo

Piers Morgan Calls Pro-Gun Advocate 'Unbelievably Stupid,' 'Dangerous': 'You Shame Your Country' | NewsBusters.org

For the anti's it is not about facts and a "discussion/dialogue". It is about what they think is right for the rest of us.
    No trees were harmed in the construction of this post. However a large number of electrons were indiscriminately aroused.

2. Remove Ads

I like Larry Pratt's reference to Neville "Peace in Our Time" Chamderlain. Touche!
    atctimmy and mprp like this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

He's from England....Still pissed that "we" started our own country....
    CharlesMorri likes this.

Why would someone volunteer to be a whipping boy for him and go on that rediculous program........
    Hoganbeg likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xXxplosive View Post
    Why would someone volunteer to be a whipping boy for him and go on that rediculous program........

The only thing that would make any sense is that he received a large payment for appearing which could then go toward the fight against gun control. Why would the show do that? I suppose because they know that nobody will be swayed by either side's arguments and it's all about ratings and pandering to those of fixed opinion in the interest of entertainment.
    After all, this is not a show about news, journalism, or even debate. It is a show that encourages emotion over logic and has no intention of promoting a solution. It is, purely and simply, rabble rousing whose sole aim is to line their own pockets!

I'll say it again without violating the language policy....who the heck is Piers Morgan?
    CharlesMorri likes this.

Senior Moderator
    I'd say that Pratt ripped his lips off and showed the world how a liberazi argues in the face of fact.
    They cant.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    I like Larry Pratt's reference to Neville "Peace in Our Time" Chamderlain. Touche!
    That actually made me laugh out loud. That's good stuff.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

It would be easy to call him out on this, but I recognize that he did not grow up in a country where gun ownership was constitutionally protected. I wonder if he would be so critical if it was his freedom of speech on the line.. lol
    CharlesMorri likes this.

Piers is the epitome of the folks that just don't get it and think they can make the world void of violence if they can make the guns go away.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Evil and human violence was prevelant long before guns came on the scene...thousands of years and no one has yet to come up with a cure for it, just tactics for dealing with it. As the scale of violence excalates, so must the scale of measures to defend against it. Pretending it isn't there or will magically fix itself is a very naive and immature way to look at the realities of this world. Unfortunate, but just the way it is.
    accessbob and zacii like this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

VIP Member
    Okay, I'm going to admit to a certain ignorance. Who is this guy? Is he some talking-head I've never heard of?

I'm guessing I don't watch enough TV to be involved in this conversation....
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

This just in...

Kerberos Calls Rabid Anti-Gun Advocate Piers Morgan "Unbelievably Stupid" and "Dangerous"

p.s.

To all the "anti" talking heads out there...
    d2jlking, zacii and pittypat21 like this.
    "Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan
    USMC veteran
    Glock 19 Gen 4
    Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kharaa View Post
    It would be easy to call him out on this, but I recognize that he did not grow up in a country where gun ownership was constitutionally protected. I wonder if he would be so critical if it was his freedom of speech on the line.. lol
    Actually, I don't think his lack of gun rights has anything to do with it. It is more a case of intellectual dishonesty; a high crime in my book. See BugDude's post #11. I think he has summed it up admirably.

Piers has been able to beat up on John Lott. He was unable to accomplish anything but low levels of ad hominem with Larry Pratt. Piers looked like a fool. It's good to see someone hand it back to him.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links