Cops with rifles....

This is a discussion on Cops with rifles.... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; YOUR TAX DOLLARS AT WORK,I'm willing to bet they are part of the Federal Anti Terrorist Task force that uses Federal money for local LEO's ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Cops with rifles....

YOUR TAX DOLLARS AT WORK,I'm willing to bet they are part of the Federal Anti Terrorist Task force that uses Federal money for local LEO's to train and equip them.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by goawayfarm View Post
    "...visual deterrence....".........So if firearms are a deterrence, then wouldn't arming a couple of teachers or principals work?
    Stop that! You can't do that! That's common sense you're using; knock it off!
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

VIP Member
    I'll bet Bloomy doesn't know his boys in blue are playing with those evil black weapons of war! Well on second thought he probably does.....his ideals only apply to the peons.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    No offense to the cops in NY, but given the way they shoot I hope those ARs aren't loaded. They might hit a hundred bystanders next time.
    Let me guess, you think you can shoot better than them? Give me a break.

VIP Member
    I've seen units like that posted in various locations in mid-town; notably the Museum of Art (not quite technically
    midtown but a place the nuts might go for). I've seen similar units in Philadelphia near some of the more important
    historic sites.

I don't really like observing that style of policing as it reminds me of what it was like in Mexico City even before
    the drug wars. It takes some getting used.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    Maybe Bloomberg was doing some Christmas shopping (it was his security detail).
    RugerSRGuy likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links