Building my AR with expected legislation

This is a discussion on Building my AR with expected legislation within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I know it is impossible to tell what the next AWB/gun control laws will be, so I am looking for some historical background on the ...

Thread: Building my AR with expected legislation

Building my AR with expected legislation

I know it is impossible to tell what the next AWB/gun control laws will be, so I am looking for some historical background on the last AWB.

I am building my AR and have my receiver currently in transit to my FFL. I know that a lot of "appearance" regulations were included in the AWB. How did that AWB affect building an AR, or modifying an existing one? I already have my mags, so its the AR itself that I am considering. The expected legislation is making me rethink the order of my purchasing. This time I think it will be more sweeping, including the ability to get parts.
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

2. Remove Ads

Don't be scared. Order whatever you can find, because its not illegal. Can't help you with what you can have, because I do not live in a free state. I could tell you everything that I CANT have...but it won't help you any.

So just buy whatever you see available, chances are it's legal.

I was in Gander Mountain one day about six months ago and happened to see a 5 round Bushmaster magazine for sale. I thought that might come in handy one day and bought it. That's my only suggestion. It might be good to have a small capacity magazine available if you need it for something.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

Stuff may be legal today, but who knows about 6 months from now. I was planning on a multi year build, starting with the lower, and then working on the upper - but I think I may get the items that are most likely going to an issue 1st. Adjustable stock, 14.5 inch barrel with flash suppressor to bring it 16 inches, etc. Any other ideas?
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

We are under an AWB in NY. So like you said, get the adjustable stock...get your barrel length to 16"..get plenty of Pmags while you still can...and get ammo.

Links