Dicks Employee-HELP!!

This is a discussion on Dicks Employee-HELP!! within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Guys I work in the hunting/firearms at dicks sporting goods. we have removed ar-15s, magazines over 10 rounds (even for. 22s!!), accessories, airsoft guns that ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Dicks Employee-HELP!!

Dicks Employee-HELP!!

Guys I work in the hunting/firearms at dicks sporting goods. we have removed ar-15s, magazines over 10 rounds (even for. 22s!!), accessories, airsoft guns that look "military" and any military looking shotguns. beside the obvious fact that this is ludacris and cowardly, it also hurts my sales (which comes back to bite me). what do you guys think I should do? tough it out and hope the company comes to its senses or quit? should I work for someone who so blatently disagrees on a very important issue? or am I blowing this out of proportion. thank you in advance for your help.
    I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy...

M&P 45c, S&W 642, Browning BPS

2. Remove Ads

Make your own call, it effects you. No one on here.
    nerdyvirgin and kmagnuss like this.

VIP Member
    If you can find a better job then jump.

I have already e-mailed HQ and told them that my business will return when the black rifles return to the shelf.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Never leave a job (especially today) before you have another one lined up

Yes, tough it out. Your company will either reconsider your comp plan and quota due to a change in product options; or go back to selling them once this whole shebang blows over. If not, and we get hit with a ban, your quota will most likely reflect the change.
    If they don't change your quota and expect you to sell the exact same with a loss of one of your biggest product lines-- time to leave. Might even consider a LGS position or a competitive sporting goods store.

I would say transfer to the golf department, but in Michigan you wouldn't get any sales until May.
    rocky likes this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Administrator
    It's a tough time to go out and land another job. In case you haven't noticed the unemployment stats. I would not take my foot out of that door until you have your other foot in another door.

Look for another job while you're still employed but, do not quit that one unless you're independently wealthy.

It does suck of them (on principle) but, they may just be sitting tight until the news frenzy dies down.
    BamaT, atctimmy, beni and 2 others like this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

These are emotional times for many. My advice to you is don't make any emotional decisions, your financial health will allow you to make proper choices. If you still feel the need to look for another place of employment do so at your convenience ..... Stay sharp it's for your own good.
    RMS, Hopyard, beni and 3 others like this.
    My EDC G27 gen. 4
    Favorite range gun G23 gen. 3

NRA Life Member

Or they may be waiting for news to worsen,and the Ar's that were 900,suddenly are 1500 or more, because they think people will still buy them ahead of a potential ban
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by mandpeter View Post
    Guys I work in the hunting/firearms at dicks sporting goods. we have removed ar-15s, magazines over 10 rounds (even for. 22s!!), accessories, airsoft guns that look "military" and any military looking shotguns. beside the obvious fact that this is ludacris and cowardly, it also hurts my sales (which comes back to bite me). what do you guys think I should do? tough it out and hope the company comes to its senses or quit? should I work for someone who so blatently disagrees on a very important issue? or am I blowing this out of proportion. thank you in advance for your help.
    1) Ask your manager if -- as an employee -- you can purchase every AR-15 taken off the shelf

2) Post them with no reserve on Gunbroker

3) Profit
    mkh likes this.

already tried... no good
    darbo likes this.
    I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy...

M&P 45c, S&W 642, Browning BPS

Cancell your Score Card................done with Dick's and Lower Than Dirt.

Bravo for standing up for your beliefs. But I'll agree with others...don't jump ship until you have a new job lined up.

Quote Originally Posted by TumblingFTW View Post
    1) Ask your manager if -- as an employee -- you can purchase every AR-15 taken off the shelf

2) Post them with no reserve on Gunbroker

3) Profit
    While its tempting unless he has an FFL selling them for a profit would be criminal. It is considered a federal
    crime to buy guns for purposes of resale without an FFL. OTOH, if they have Pmags or Glock mags, I suspect you could make a pretty penny buying everyone you could get
    your hand on.

I started to post..... but I had to delete it. It might have gotten me banned.
    NRA Member
    Glock 26 XD9sc
    Ruger SR9c Ruger LCP

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links