Had a close call at work today...

This is a discussion on Had a close call at work today... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Crestwood1001 I work security for the Wal-Mart. It's no secret we are under equipped and the rules are a bunch of crap. ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Had a close call at work today...

Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crestwood1001 View Post
    I work security for the Wal-Mart. It's no secret we are under equipped and the rules are a bunch of crap. Today, while at the sporting goods counter on a break, a guy that had been denied a gun purchase a few mins before, had a breakdown, he picked up an axe, removed the sheath and began to storm around swinging it and yelling at people. He was visibly disturbed, I immediately placed a call to the state police barracks around the corner, we have a great relationship with them, and I told them I had a violent man in the store and I needed them ASAP. I kept my distance while keeping an eye on him, he didn't hurt anyone luckily. Within 3 minutes the state police arrived in force and took him down at gun point, he was arrested and later found to have been drunk, high and was a previously admitted to a mental hospital. I found myself wishing I was allowed to carry concealed at work, because had he decided to assault someone I only had blunt objects to fight back with. It all ended well and I'm very glad he was not able to buy a gun, who knows what would have happened. Stay safe everyone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    carry saber red OC, and an ASP (21-26") and you should be able to handle anything short of an active shooter. Also carry 2 pair of cuffs and/or some speed cuffs.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by GlassWolf View Post
    carry saber red OC, and an ASP (21-26") and you should be able to handle anything short of an active shooter. Also carry 2 pair of cuffs and/or some speed cuffs.
    Not allowed

So a guy with an Axe was Axeing crazy,good think it turned out well and he didn't Axeually get shot.....see whut I did there LOL
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Maybe move the ax display?

Glad to see that you or anyone else did not get harmed and I hope this doesn't get out to Piers Morgan. He would report that the guy had a rough day and you were overreacting...

All kidding aside, if there was a customer that was carrying concealed are they within the law to draw their weapon as this guy was swinging away with ax?

Senior Member Array highvoltage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crestwood1001 View Post
    Not allowed .....
    Just what are you allowed to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Frado View Post
    Glad to see that you or anyone else did not get harmed and I hope this doesn't get out to Piers Morgan. He would report that the guy had a rough day and you were overreacting...

All kidding aside, if there was a customer that was carrying concealed are they within the law to draw their weapon as this guy was swinging away with ax?
    The store does not have an issue with people carrying legally. So I'd imagine if he had escalated any more and someone wanted to they could have yes.

Quote Originally Posted by highvoltage View Post
    I really couldn't say

Could you spray some Axe body spray in his eyes? I wonder if there's a holster for that...

I'm glad that you and your customers got safely out of that situation. I was going to mention CS/ OC spray but you said you are not allowed. I'm forbidden to carry anything at work as well; but any place else, with or without my hand gun, I always carry a pocket sized canister of Sabre CS/OC ( pepper spray). A very effective "less than lethal" deterrent.

VIP Member
    Good job. Well you can't CC/OC, but how about painter's pants or carpenter's jeans with a battle hammer in the loop? JK, but only kind of ...
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

VIP Member
    I'm thinking .................Spear!

That way, he's got the axe, you have a "very large/long" pointy stick.
    Glad the SP were able to get "Ding-Dong" back to the infirmary before there were any casualties.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by highvoltage View Post
    ^Its Walmart^^^^^^^^^

Stand there and take one for the team.
    Just like every other ignorant fortune 500 company, and an innumerable amount of other smaller ones as well.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

The fire extinguisher idea was pretty good because AFTER you unload it on him while hes stunned you can throw it at him and BONK him in the head with it!

hi-ho! hi-ho! it's off to jail he go! sorry i had to throw that in! I'm glad your alright and everyone else!!!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links