Three reasons gun control isn't going to happen - Page 4

Three reasons gun control isn't going to happen

This is a discussion on Three reasons gun control isn't going to happen within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by d2jlking Of course Suntzu is probably right. You however, are not. How exactly is being mindful of history and trying to learn ...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Three reasons gun control isn't going to happen

Quote Originally Posted by d2jlking View Post
    Of course Suntzu is probably right. You however, are not. How exactly is being mindful of history and trying to learn from the mistakes of previous generations a fool's game? As far as AWB, and other gun restriction laws, it seems most on the side of the 2nd Ammendment believe gun law enactment can be a slippery slope that leads to the outlawing of all guns to the private citizen. So preventing a gun ban is hardly irrelevant if the slippery slope theory is true. In addition, just because the government possesses weapons that could "end the world" does not mean that we are disarmed as a people. It wouldn't make much sense for a government to use nuclear weapons on it's own people. Just as Suntzu said he doesn't believe genocide perpetrated by Americans against Americans will happen, I do not believe our government will nuke it's own country. So IMO we are NOT disarmed. Imagine the manpower, and dedicated will, that would be required of a government to go door to door in a country of 350 million people to confiscate guns. The truth is, this country was founded by armed rebellion. The colonial Americans stood up to the greatest and most powerful military force in the world. They won. Times have changed, but the premise is the same. I believe in the American spirit, and I believe Americans are the greatest most resilient people on the face of the Earth. When we are tested, we respond.
    You believe that the government wouldn't use WMDs on its own people because it doesn't make sense? Doesn't that happen all of the time?

How much manpower does it take to launch a nuke? Do you think the government would try to go door to door instead of launch a nuke?

I think you are confusing the American people with the American government. I also respect you tremendously for taking an oath to defend the Constitution and the American people with your life.
    d2jlking likes this.
    The problem with gun control is that drugs are already illegal.

Three reasons gun control isn't going to happen

Quote Originally Posted by steffen View Post
    You believe that the government wouldn't use WMDs on its own people because it doesn't make sense? Doesn't that happen all of the time?

How much manpower does it take to launch a nuke? Do you think the government would try to go door to door instead of launch a nuke?

I think you are confusing the American people with the American government. I also respect you tremendously for taking an oath to defend the Constitution and the American people with your life.
    Thanks very much. I guess i don't believe that either will happen. Just discussing an interesting topic, no offense meant to you or anyone in my posts.
    "What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms."
    Thomas Jefferson

Wow !!! This is the best news ive heard yet oleslabside.... Eddie.

Always remember this... " laws that forbid the carrying of fire arms... Disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homocides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man"....we the people will always have and keep our 2 amendment rights !! No doubt.... Eddie.

VIP Member
    Interesting article, but it is not accurate. Gun control is already in place. The right to bear arms hasn't really existed since the arms race of the world wars took place and the government devoloped WMDs for themselves but forbids citizens from owning them.
    Governments forbid each other from owning them if they don't play by the rules of the nuclear club; and that's not a fight I want to jump in the middle of.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

And what i mentioned above is the 4th reason why gun control isnt going to happen period..... Eddie

But wait...

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Sorry, I never buy those analogies. You are overlooking the many other countries that have a strict gun policy and their are no massacres. In fact, the one you mention are the rare instances and used to hype up an issue.

The fact is if we had no guns Americans are not going to massacre each under from orders by our government. Ain't gong to happen. Do you honestly think that our military will do mass executions on the order of this president or any other? No way.

I can not fathom why this is even brought up. Respectfully it is a Chicken Little arguement. I prefer to use something that is more rationale. Cite the increase in violent crime, cite how a female can not protect themselves against a rapists even if he has only a knife because there are no more guns. Cite a million other reason that do happen and can happen.

But you have to convince me that it is even possible for our government to order the genocide of our own people which you will never do. That analogy again is just an alarmists way of expressing something that won't happen here.
    Suntzu, I would like to put my faith in my fellow man, as well. Here is a link to an article that raises more points to ponder. Let me preface this by saying Mike Adams is a bit fanatical sometimes... He has good facts, but often comes across more emotional than I feel is prudent. Simply my opinion, there... At any rate, the article deals with the vast amounts of guns, ammo and other equipment being pught up by the DHS and TSA... Does anyone have a take on this?
    If Obama is opposed to guns, why did his administration just purchase 1.6 billion rounds of ammunition and sniper rounds?

VIP Member
    #4. considering this administration has not been able to pass a budget, I doubt they are capable of it.

Senior Member Array The Old Anglo's Avatar
    I don`t Trust ANY of them Period!!!.

mkh
    Well, Biden is a complete moron and if he is in charge he will screw it all up which is a good thing for us.

Why even try to apply logic,or law to the issue. Obama has always said he would take your guns ,every last one of them.
    He is just entering the first step.
    This is the man that said the Constitution was outdated and irrelevant .
    He said loud and clear that the Supreme court got it wrong and he would fix that.
    You would not listen . Now you will pay the price.
    Obama said he would change America and he did not mean for the good.
    You vote for him now live with it.
    Crowman and 1911_Kimber like this.

Interesting article, but it is not accurate. Gun control is already in place. The right to bear arms hasn't really existed since the arms race of the world wars took place and the government devoloped WMDs for themselves but forbids citizens from owning them.
    My wife said I can't keep a nuke in the closet
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Sadly the 3 reasons do not hold a lot of weight.......
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    My wife said I can't keep a nuke in the closet
    My wife says its A-OK with her as long as its not her closet....
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Distinguished Member Array dangerranger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Sorry, I never buy those analogies. You are overlooking the many other countries that have a strict gun policy and their are no massacres. In fact, the one you mention are the rare instances and used to hype up an issue.

The fact is if we had no guns Americans are not going to massacre each under from orders by our government. Ain't gong to happen. Do you honestly think that our military will do mass executions on the order of this president or any other? No way.

I can not fathom why this is even brought up. Respectfully it is a Chicken Little arguement. I prefer to use something that is more rationale. Cite the increase in violent crime, cite how a female can not protect themselves against a rapists even if he has only a knife because there are no more guns. Cite a million other reason that do happen and can happen.

But you have to convince me that it is even possible for our government to order the genocide of our own people which you will never do. That analogy again is just an alarmists way of expressing something that won't happen here.
    What makes you believe the US government would not do this to its own people? its already happened more than once! Have we forgotten how the Indians were treated?...
    First it was illegal to arm an Indian, their source of food was exterminated, they were hunted and killed by the US army, and then finally put into concentration camps to be starved to death!

DR

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Sponsored Links