Three reasons gun control isn't going to happen

This is a discussion on Three reasons gun control isn't going to happen within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by dangerranger What makes you believe the US government would not do this to its own people? its already happened more than once! ...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Three reasons gun control isn't going to happen

Quote Originally Posted by dangerranger View Post
    What makes you believe the US government would not do this to its own people? its already happened more than once! Have we forgotten how the Indians were treated?...
    First it was illegal to arm an Indian, their source of food was exterminated, they were hunted and killed by the US army, and then finally put into concentration camps to be starved to death!

DR
    We had slavery before...think that is coming back...we did not let woman vote before....think that is coming back..

Here is the deal, history does not have to repeat itself. We HAVE been learning through our past mistakes. Just because it did happen does not mean that it will happen again. Good grief. Think the Salem witch trials will come back and folks being accused of witches? It happened in the past.

Just because I feel that we are a tad more advanced than we were and do not think that our government will commit genocide does not mean I do not pay attention to our rights and feel they need to be left alone.

It is so easy to sit there and bring up atrocities of the past and say they will happen again without any proof that they will.

BTW: As stated numerous of times in this forum my wife is mostly Indian (Cherokee) But thanks for the history lesson.
    Danoh likes this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

2. Remove Ads

How about 26 reasons that it will?

Distinguished Member Array Doghandler's Avatar

Re: Three reasons gun control isn't going to happen

Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    It sounds good and I hope he’s right but I'm not so confident. Every time I look in my crystal ball I see a return to the 1994 ban with a few additional wrinkles and minus the 10 year shelf life.
    An even worse scenario would be a control of ammunition through taxes that would put ammo purchases beyond the reach of all but the wealthy. I hope I'm wrong but I fear that the obscene deed done at Sandy Hook Elem may prove to be a windfall for the ghouls who have jumped on it to advance the gun control agenda.
    There will be new laws that limit access to the tools of our art, that I am sure of. To what degree remains to be seen. The wealthy and powerful, however, will always have access to that which is denied the minions.

The problem with the world is grown-ups behaving like unsupervised children.
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler

the tools of our art
    Kind of dramatic aren't we LOL j/k
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

we dont know what the future holds.. to survive, we have to be alert to what is happening now and to what has happened in the past. if the govt. tells us that we dont "need" high round mags, then what will they tell us next that we dont need?? do we really "need" big pick up trucks? do we "need" 3 bedroom homes?? do we "need" 20 acres of land?? things i need should be determined by "ME", not anyone else...its that simple.........im not willing to give up any of my rights just cause someone thinks i dont need them.....

virg
    Last edited by virg; December 22nd, 2012 at 12:09 PM. Reason: spelling errors

I liked the article.. It is definately a ray of hope... Never the less, I hope the taskforce comes up with an agreeable plan of action, one that does not infringe on our rights any more than they already have but one that helps protect our kids.

Maybe this is too much to ask!
    "The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

Same thing I have been saying since 2007. The political will does not exist to change the state of 2A either way right now, with the two caveats. The courts (at the Supreme Court level) is pro-2A (by 1 vote). 2014, mid-term elections, during what was an assured 2nd term, unless someone is assassinated (and used as a martyr to push through anti-2a legislation) or domestic terrorism began targeting government buildings, police, places of worship, etc.

After 2007, legislation concerning 2A has been easy to predict if you don't get caught up in the media buzz. The ground work has been set since 2000 with a strong NRA and Bush support.

When the current POTUS gained office (and won his party's nomination instead of a VP nod) it was clear he was going to win 2 terms because of the one thing no other candidate can do to motovate 12 to 14% of the vote.

2A and other hot topic issues were going to take a back seat to economics (including healthcare) and following the same plan that had been in place since 9/11 concerning foreign policy (has really not changed much other than rhetoric and medals earned for a future presidential library in Chicago). That is, until the last two years of his 2nd term, then all bets are off.

Right now it is pre-season. Weaken the NRA a bit, maybe wait until you can take a pro-2A out of the SCOTUS and replace with an anti. The only thing really protecting the current state of 2A come 2014 are blue dog democrats (were once called Reagan democrats). From the looks of the pre-season 2013, the blue dogs are a serious weak link.

PS - The so called gun show loophole and extended mags might be something banned faster then I thought.
    NRA Member
    S&W 642 (no-lock) with .38 Spl +P 135 GR Gold GDHP
    Glock G31 & G33 with .357 Sig 125 GR. SXT Winchester Ranger

Well.... On january 1, 2013 just a few days from now, obama weather any disicion has been agreed apon or not... Obama will impose one. His words, this is a scary thought without a doubt. Eddie.

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    If they ban guns then, we can just take them away from Law Enforcement and the Secret Service too, since guns are banned they won't be needing them anymore .... in fact with no guns maybe a Secret Service isn't necessary at all?
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Lol i gottcha... Unfortunately banning of guns pertains to just us.... And this could lead good semaritan to buying from the underground world. One must do what they have to do to protect themselves and love ones , after all these are our priority in life even before the law who doesnt care about us.

We're one justice on the Supreme Court away from being criminals, that's the only thing saving what sane in America.
    Desperate people do desperate things in desperate situations.

Heavily medicated for your protection.

Kimber Tactical Custom II, SIS Pro

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Kind of dramatic aren't we LOL j/k
    If I was a drama queen I would carry a long stick and give eloquence to local TV reporters.

Doghandler

Three reasons gun control isn't going to happen

The only way to stop it is to slow it down. The Left works off of fear and emotion. Once the initial event or situation happens they react emotionally. Wait a few weeks and they are on to the next crisis. The Government and the media know it , that's why the rush to judgment and laws. Don't think. react

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Quote Originally Posted by Happypuppy View Post
    The only way to stop it is to slow it down. The Left works off of fear and emotion. Once the initial event or situation happens they react emotionally. Wait a few weeks and they are on to the next crisis. The Government and the media know it , that's why the rush to judgment and laws. Don't think. react

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Fortune has it that I am not a drama queen but I will bear whatever shame my countrymen have in store for me.

Doghandler

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    I would suggest everyone read the National Defense Authorization Act that was pushed through and signed by Obama back in Jan of this year.
    Doghandler likes this.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links