Three reasons gun control isn't going to happen

This is a discussion on Three reasons gun control isn't going to happen within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Three Reasons Gun Control Isn't Going to Happen...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Three reasons gun control isn't going to happen

Thumbs up Three reasons gun control isn't going to happen

mano3 likes this.

2. Remove Ads

I hope this is true and keeping my fingers crossed.

An interesting read for sure..
    EDC: M&P 9*2
    PHIL.4:13

NRA

Important comment after article...

CONSIDER:

In 1929 the Soviet Union established
    gun control. From 1929 to 1953, approximately 20 million dissidents, unable to
    defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

In 1911, Turkey established gun
    control. From 1915-1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves,
    were rounded up and exterminated.

Germany established gun control in 1938
    and from 1939 to 1945, 13 million Jews, gypsies, homosexuals, the mentally ill,
    and others, who were unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and
    exterminated.

China established gun control in 1935.
    From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves,

Guatemala established gun control in
    1964. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves,

Uganda established gun control in
    1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were
    rounded up and exterminated.

Cambodia established gun control in
    1956. From 1975 to 1977, one million "educated" people, unable to defend
    themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

That places total victims who lost
    their lives because of gun control at approximately 56 million in the last
    century.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Interesting article, but it is not accurate. Gun control is already in place. The right to bear arms hasn't really existed since the arms race of the world wars took place and the government devoloped WMDs for themselves but forbids citizens from owning them.
    The problem with gun control is that drugs are already illegal.

We can only hope this will be the case.

EDIT- Referring to the OP, not retsup99's reply. Hopefully that scenario will not be the case in our future.
    Last edited by Darrow75; December 20th, 2012 at 12:07 PM. Reason: For clarity

I hope that his analysis is correct... Certainly, up until now at least, Blue Ribbon task forces headed by Czars have been futile attempts to appease the voters.

But, I'm not counting on it.
    Politicians, take note of Colorado 9/10/2013.
    "You are elected to service, not power.
    Your job is to "serve us" not to lord power over us."
    Me, 9/11/13

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Important comment after article...

CONSIDER:

In 1929 the Soviet Union established
    gun control. From 1929 to 1953, approximately 20 million dissidents, unable to
    defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

In 1911, Turkey established gun
    control. From 1915-1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves,

Germany established gun control in 1938
    and from 1939 to 1945, 13 million Jews, gypsies, homosexuals, the mentally ill,
    and others, who were unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and
    exterminated.

China established gun control in 1935.
    From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves,

Guatemala established gun control in
    1964. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves,

Uganda established gun control in
    1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were
    rounded up and exterminated.

Cambodia established gun control in
    1956. From 1975 to 1977, one million "educated" people, unable to defend
    themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

That places total victims who lost
    their lives because of gun control at approximately 56 million in the last
    century.
    Sorry, I never buy those analogies. You are overlooking the many other countries that have a strict gun policy and their are no massacres. In fact, the one you mention are the rare instances and used to hype up an issue.

The fact is if we had no guns Americans are not going to massacre each under from orders by our government. Ain't gong to happen. Do you honestly think that our military will do mass executions on the order of this president or any other? No way.

I can not fathom why this is even brought up. Respectfully it is a Chicken Little arguement. I prefer to use something that is more rationale. Cite the increase in violent crime, cite how a female can not protect themselves against a rapists even if he has only a knife because there are no more guns. Cite a million other reason that do happen and can happen.

But you have to convince me that it is even possible for our government to order the genocide of our own people which you will never do. That analogy again is just an alarmists way of expressing something that won't happen here.
    wmhawth likes this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Interesting read. I, also, hope the analysis is correct. But Obama did say he wants Joe and the panel to report early in January. That means they'll rush and come up with some meaningless "eyewash" recommendations that will sound good to the libtards, but won't do anything to solve the REAL problem! Which is NOT guns! Once again, the libtards want to blame an inanimate object for the actions of a disturbed individual.
    mulle46 likes this.
    Live to ride, ride to live. Harley Road King And keep a .45 handy Kimber Custom TLE II

Three reasons gun control isn't going to happen
    It sounds good and I hope he’s right but I'm not so confident. Every time I look in my crystal ball I see a return to the 1994 ban with a few additional wrinkles and minus the 10 year shelf life.
    An even worse scenario would be a control of ammunition through taxes that would put ammo purchases beyond the reach of all but the wealthy. I hope I'm wrong but I fear that the obscene deed done at Sandy Hook Elem may prove to be a windfall for the ghouls who have jumped on it to advance the gun control agenda.
    shooterX and Hoganbeg like this.

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Sorry, I never buy those analogies. You are overlooking the many other countries that have a strict gun policy and their are no massacres. In fact, the one you mention are the rare instances and used to hype up an issue.

The fact is if we had no guns Americans are not going to massacre each under from orders by our government. Ain't gong to happen. Do you honestly think that our military will do mass executions on the order of this president or any other? No way.

I can not fathom why this is even brought up. Respectfully it is a Chicken Little arguement. I prefer to use something that is more rationale. Cite the increase in violent crime, cite how a female can not protect themselves against a rapists even if he has only a knife because there are no more guns. Cite a million other reason that do happen and can happen.

But you have to convince me that it is even possible for our government to order the genocide of our own people which you will never do. That analogy again is just an alarmists way of expressing something that won't happen here.
    I'm sure that the people of those countries thought the same thing, "It'll never happen to us. Our government would surely never do that". And maybe that's true. Maybe it's a bit extreme to think that that would ever happen here in the US of A. But that doesn't mean it definitely won't.
    joker1, krisspy, StevePVB and 1 others like this.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

The writer of the article is engaging in some serious wishful thinking. Come next year I predict we will see some serious restrictions on high capacity magazines, military-style weapons and private gun sales.

Quote Originally Posted by pittypat21 View Post
    I'm sure that the people of those countries thought the same thing, "It'll never happen to us. Our government would surely never do that". And maybe that's true. Maybe it's a bit extreme to think that that would ever happen here in the US of A. But that doesn't mean it definitely won't.
    It is just not our government. The government is made up of our own people. You were a Marine, can you ever fathom under any circumstance that Marines and our standing army would participate in genocide...........

There is a difference between what is possible, what is probable , and what is improbable. Why don't we concentrate on the probable and possible issues with gun control and avoid the improbable. How folks sitting on the fence are going to change their mind by the off chance in the furture our own government will order its own citizens to massacre thousands or millions.

Anybody can make an arguement for "this could happen in the future"...but come on.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

The 2A .....is bigger than all of this......IMO.

Crossing fingers and toes!
    ALWAYS CARRY - NEVER TELL

NRA MEMBER
    GOA MEMBER

Friend of Bill

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Links