Ann Coulter: We know how to stop school shootings

This is a discussion on Ann Coulter: We know how to stop school shootings within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by SayVandelay I didnt realize that most conservatives realized what a nasty, evil monster she is. Its nice to find common ground What ...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree128Likes

Thread: Ann Coulter: We know how to stop school shootings

Quote Originally Posted by SayVandelay View Post
    I didnt realize that most conservatives realized what a nasty, evil monster she is. Its nice to find common ground
    What makes you think those people are conservatives??
    tcox4freedom likes this.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

2. Remove Ads

nasty, evil monster
    And on what do you base this comment?
    tcox4freedom, Spirit51 and OD* like this.

I like Ann. She's smart, brash and she refuses to mince words. Liberals hate her, and that's another good sign. If you can stomach it, watch MSNBC for a couple hours and see how radical and rude and aggressive those liberal mouthpieces are. Ann just fights fire with fire.

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    We can start a new thread if the mods allow it....I am not going to get accused of thread hijacking. And you know how it goes...person A says one thing, then person B takes 30 minutes googling to come up with something tha can refute Person A and it goes on and on. I will be more than happy to PM you later if you are that bored. But if you honestly think that everything that comes out of her mouth is 100 percent factual you are in dreamland...not one talking head on TV is 100 percent exact.

The bold quote above is the most accurate thing one can say about any of these commentators, conservative, liberal or in-between.

RKM
    I don't even think that we need to force schools to have armed guards. But by just allowing the teachers who WANT to carry a firearm to do so will be a huge leap in the right direction. We shouldn't have to treat schools like they're locked down high security prisons. But by simply allowing the teachers or other facility who wish to carry firearms (and I'm sure there are A LOT), let them do so. And let it up to the schools whether or not they want their teachers to be formally trained.

She's like Bill O'Reilly. She gets paid millions to spew invective, and she doesn't care if she makes things worse or better. What matters to her is that her invective sells.
    suntzu and Hopyard like this.
    Our current plan for Universal Iron Lung coverage, just sayin'.
    Wisest. Retirement. Plan. Ever.
    Good thing the March of Dimes worked. How, why?

Alternately, for those with a tool shed, ideas, or creative loved ones to tell..

Thanks for the share! Usually not an Ann fan but she hit the nail on the head here
    EDC: M&P 9*2
    PHIL.4:13

NRA

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by CanuckQue View Post
    She's like Bill O'Reilly. She gets paid millions to spew invective, and she doesn't care if she makes things worse or better. What matters to her is that her invective sells.
    Yep, just like all the talking heads on CNN and MSNBC.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

Quote Originally Posted by OD* View Post
    Yep, just like all the talking heads on CNN and MSNBC.
    I don't know if Tu quoque is the appropriate response to people like her.

With the caveat that I have no idea who you mean on CNN
    Our current plan for Universal Iron Lung coverage, just sayin'.
    Wisest. Retirement. Plan. Ever.
    Good thing the March of Dimes worked. How, why?

Alternately, for those with a tool shed, ideas, or creative loved ones to tell..

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by CanuckQue View Post
    I don't know if Tu quoque is the appropriate response to people like her.

With the caveat that I have no idea who you mean on CNN
    The "You Too Fallacy" is appropriate for most in the media.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

Quote Originally Posted by ExactlyMyPoint View Post
    I have always liked Ann Coulter.
    Aaaaaaand that's when I clicked 'close tab.'

Distinguished Member Array SCXDm9's Avatar

Re: Ann Coulter: We know how to stop school shootings

I'm going to go out on a limb (and prob get slammed for it) I don't think any nut case that plans to kill as many people as he can THEN kill himself gives a damn how many people around him may or may not be armed!

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
    Friends don't let friends wear fanny packs!!!

Open carry is to hand gun as blue tooth's are to cell phone!

Quote Originally Posted by SCXDm9 View Post
    I'm going to go out on a limb (and prob get slammed for it) I don't think any nut case that plans to kill as many people as he can THEN kill himself gives a damn how many people around him may or may not be armed!

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
    I'm not quite sure the evidence supports that.

Yes, these mass shooters are for the most part, suicidal when they start. They know they are going to die before the first shots are even fired. However, instead of just sleeking down into the dark recesses of their basements and offing themselves (the way most suicides are done), they want to go out in a blaze of glory. That's how pathetic they are. They want their names immortalized along with the likes of Timothy McViegh, Dylan Klebold & Eric Harris and all the other notorious mass/spree killers. This is why they almost exclusively choose gun free zones to paint their canvas on. As soon as they meet armed resistance, they either kill themselves quickly, or perform "suicide by cop" (or whoever else armed person who is confronting them). So, I can pretty much bet, if they know beforehand the school they are about to enter has either an armed security officer, or teachers and faculty who are armed (CCW), they will choose another location (gun free zone) where they can acheive that high body count before they are stopped.

Now as I said, most are suicidal when they perform their acts of terror, and know they are going to die. But not all of them. A few of them will readily surrender when confronted like the Aurora Colorado Theater shooter, and a few others who's names escape me at the moment. Those types, want the notoriety of performing a mass killing, but they want to live to read about it. So again, they want a high body count, which is why they will go to a known "gun free zone." They don't go to places where they know they are likely to meet armed resistence before they reach a high body count.

These types of people, the suicidal ones and the non-suicidal ones very much cares if there are going to be armed people around them. Because their goal is the noteriety of becoming one of America's mass murderers. And the evidence seems to support that conclusion.
    Spirit51 and brocktice like this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Distinguished Member Array deadguy's Avatar

With the 24 hour news cycle and the push for gun legislation, any assault on innocent lives in a public arena will get the shooter nationwide exposure. It won't take a high body count to get his/her picture in the news.
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel alive

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    Just a thought. Maybe some of you are more of a liberal than you'd like us to think you are, or more liberal than you'd like to tell yourself.
    Very, very many posts I have read on this site confirm your hypothesis.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links