Ann Coulter: We know how to stop school shootings - Page 5

Ann Coulter: We know how to stop school shootings

This is a discussion on Ann Coulter: We know how to stop school shootings within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by ScottM Very, very many posts I have read on this site confirm your hypothesis. I Dis agree..in fact, many of Coulters stances ...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree128Likes

Thread: Ann Coulter: We know how to stop school shootings

Quote Originally Posted by ScottM View Post
    Very, very many posts I have read on this site confirm your hypothesis.
    I Dis agree..in fact, many of Coulters stances and those of "Conservative talking heads" have gone against the grain of many on this forum who tend to be Libertarian. So.... is every person here that thought invading Iraq was a bad idea, thinks legalizineg pot is OK, thinks legalizing gay marriage is OK, thinks that religion should be kept out of the schools (all religions), and more issues are "liberal"?

This is Ann Coulter:
    “most libertarians are cowering frauds too afraid to upset anyone to take a stand on some of the most important cultural issues of our time.”
    She was talking about libertarians in general but really targeting Ron Paul who she despises (his positions)....hmmm..seem to remember that A LOT of folks on this forum like Ron Pauls ideas.......hmmmm ...just food for thought
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

I'm with Ann on that one, then.

The mindset of the people who support Ron Paul has told me all I ever need to know about him. No wonder he will never be more than an 'also-ran'.

But, no. My first post was meant for the liberal content of way too many posts and threads on a Defensive Carry forum.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottM View Post
    I'm with Ann on that one, then.

The mindset of the people who support Ron Paul has told me all I ever need to know about him. No wonder he will never be more than an 'also-ran'.

But, no. My first post was meant for the liberal content of way too many posts and threads on a Defensive Carry forum.
    Ouch...won't go there though LOL.....point is many who disagree with Coulter are not necessary liberals.....
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    Metal detectors stop 'em at the front door. Get rid of one assistant principal or division head and it's paid for.

Quote Originally Posted by GunGeezer View Post
    Metal detectors stop 'em at the front door. Get rid of one assistant principal or division head and it's paid for.
    Metal detectors help, but they are almost always located in a single location (the main entrance) and therefore, very easy to circumvent. All a shooter has to do is enter through another location where the metal detectors are not in place.

The definitive answer to stopping school shootings is to have at least one armed person on site. Whether it's a regular police officer assigned to filling the role of "school resource officer," a paid armed security guard or just concerned faculty and staff who has a concealed carry license. It doesn't matter who the armed responders are, it's just essential that they be armed and capable of responding to any incident.

The program in Israel happens to use concerned parents and grandparents who have completed special training sponsored by the Israeli government. It is voluntary, and they are armed with concealed handguns.

It is important to understand, just having armed people on site will not end all school shootings. Israel has still had a few incidents. But they have all been stopped short with only one or two casualties because of the on site armed responders. There has not been a single massacre in an Israeli school since 1974 and the inception of the program.

Now liberals and many school officials don't want to hear any of this. In their utopian fantasy world, they seek to find a non-violent solution to defeating an armed madman who is actively slaughtering people. No one has ever come up with a non-violent solution yet, but that does not stop them from pursuing a fantasy solution. The one fact, they REFUSE to accept or even listen to is the fact that the only known way to stop a bad guy with a gun, is a good guy with a gun.

I truly believe, they do not care about the children. No sane person who cares about the warefare of the children would completely ignore what is the only proven method to stop armed shooters in their tracks. Instead, their utopian fantasy trumps everything. Including the lives of the innocent children.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    point is many who disagree with Coulter are not necessary liberals.....
    Perhaps not.

That still doesn't change the fact that liberalism permeates many threads on DC.

One reason I spend little time here.

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GunGeezer View Post
    Sorry Geezer, I just don't think metal detectors would have stopped Lanza in CT, the Columbine massacre or other school shootings. The best a metal detector can do is "alert" someone. But, to stop someone hellbent of killing dozens of people is likely to take an armed & aggressive response.

I am tired of all of the whining about Coulter or anyone else, including political parties or philoshpies. Discuss the substance of her article or leave.
    tcox4freedom and OD* like this.

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

My cousin & I were talking today and he suggested (at the very least), every school needed to have a 12ga loaded with rubber bullets. He made the point (I agree), that most of these type shooters will give up their attack & shoot themselves when any resistance is offered. He also said that rubber bullet would be less lethal. Therefore, lessen the danger of accidentally killing an innocent child. Yet, it would be effective at incapacitating a BG long enough to gain control.

IDK?

Could this be a place to start a discussion?

It might not be the best solution. But, it may be something that can be more easily accepted by those on the left. At least, it would be something to do quickly; while laws & logistics are discussed further to determine if armed guards or armed teachers will be allowed.

I do know rubber bullets, bean bag rounds & pepper rounds have been proven effective in crowd control. Perhaps, it would be enough to at least interrupt a BGs OODA loop; or discouraging enough to make him retreat.

What say you guys?

-

Quote Originally Posted by tcox4freedom View Post
    My cousin & I were talking today and he suggested (at the very least), every school needed to have a 12ga loaded with rubber bullets. He made the point (I agree), that most of these type shooters will give up their attack & shoot themselves when any resistance is offered. He also said that rubber bullet would be less lethal. Therefore, lessen the danger of accidentally killing an innocent child. Yet, it would be effective at incapacitating a BG long enough to gain control.

IDK?

Could this be a place to start a discussion?

It might not be the best solution. But, it may be something that can be more easily accepted by those on the left. At least, it would be something to do quickly; while laws & logistics are discussed further to determine if armed guards or armed teachers will be allowed.

I do know rubber bullets, bean bag rounds & pepper rounds have been proven effective in crowd control. Perhaps, it would be enough to at least interrupt a BGs OODA loop; or discouraging enough to make him retreat.

What say you guys?

-
    The only problem with attempting to use less lethal options like rubber bullets against an active shooter is that it flies in the face of common sense and could possibly be what gets the defender killed.

In training within the force continuum, officers are trained to match the level of force being presented by the offender. Once the offender is actively employing deadly force, the immediate and correct thing to do is to respond with deadly force. To do otherwise, is not appropriate.

We are talking about how to stop active shooters once they are already on the school grounds and engaged in killing people. The appropriate level of force is deadly force. While it may be a noble effort to attempt to stop a madman who is actively engaged in murder and mayhem using less than lethal methods, it does no good to get killed in the process.

We all know this as ccw holders (or we should). When faced with a lethal threat, lethal force is authorized for defense and is the appropriate thing to do.

-Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Lots of discussion.

How many of you have written your Senator & Representative?

How about the Speaker of the House? .... Majority Leader? ... etc.

I have written to them all.

If YOU have not, write them and tell them you are opposed to additional Gun Control for the reasons you have been talking about.
    Rock and Glock likes this.

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    I am tired of all of the whining about Coulter or anyone else, including political parties or philoshpies. Discuss the substance of her article or leave.
    Thank you.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, don’t give them a tomorrow."

Quote Originally Posted by SigPapa226 View Post
    Lots of discussion.

If YOU have not, write them and tell them you are opposed to additional Gun Control for the reasons you have been talking about.
    Yep. In fact, I demanded that any congressional hearings on school violence, or gun control to include testimony from Lt. Col Dave Grossman, Massad Ayoob and Alon Stivi. I also noted that any congressional hearings which does not include an invitation to those men, will bring extreme displeasure from their constituents and we will want to know exactly why three of the worlds foremost authorities on the subject was not included in their discussion.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

Distinguished Member Array brocktice's Avatar

Re: Ann Coulter: We know how to stop school shootings

Quote Originally Posted by SigPapa226 View Post
    Lots of discussion.

I have. There are a couple of good threads (disclosure: one is mine) that have some sample talking points and letters to use as templates. Just make sure to edit them to make them yours do it's not clearly a cookie-cutter operation.

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    The only problem with attempting to use less lethal options like rubber bullets against an active shooter is that it flies in the face of common sense and could possibly be what gets the defender killed.

In training within the force continuum, officers are trained to match the level of force being presented by the offender. Once the offender is actively employing deadly force, the immediate and correct thing to do is to respond with deadly force. To do otherwise, is not appropriate.

We are talking about how to stop active shooters once they are already on the school grounds and engaged in killing people. The appropriate level of force is deadly force. While it may be a noble effort to attempt to stop a madman who is actively engaged in murder and mayhem using less than lethal methods, it does no good to get killed in the process.

We all know this as ccw holders (or we should). When faced with a lethal threat, lethal force is authorized for defense and is the appropriate thing to do.

I agree with you about it flying in the face of common sense. But, when have anti gun liberals ever shown any common sense?

I'm not suggesting anything except a place to start a discussion & two way dialogue. Right now we have stubborn idiots just digging their heals in and demanding more worthless laws. The question we need to ask as a divided nation is;

"Do we want to fight or, do we want to move towards a solution?"

I am only seeing a fight that is doing nothing to protect our children. We need to find some common ground to begin a "helpful" discussion. JMHO

-

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Sponsored Links