Ann Coulter: We know how to stop school shootings - Page 6

Ann Coulter: We know how to stop school shootings

This is a discussion on Ann Coulter: We know how to stop school shootings within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I am only seeing a fight that is doing nothing to protect our children. We need to find some common ground to begin a "helpful" ...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Like Tree128Likes

Thread: Ann Coulter: We know how to stop school shootings

I am only seeing a fight that is doing nothing to protect our children. We need to find some common ground to begin a "helpful" discussion. JMHO
    "Controlling Guns" in any way, shape, or form will not protect our children. We must reject any steps in that direction. Coulter is correct whether you like her or not (and please do not start down that path), as are many other commentators.

Why Not Renew the “Assault Weapons” Ban? Well, I’ll Tell You… ę Kontradictions

Harden the schools, have armed guards, allow legal CHL in schools by anyone with a CHL, and remove the idiotic "Gun Free Zones". Those four steps which are easy and economical, only require political will. That will protect our schools.

That is a SOLUTION. Anything requiring gun control is a fallacy of false choice posited as an argument of moderation.

Start with the proposition that guns cannot be eliminated in total (which given there are over 300 million or so floating around is reasonable and moderate)(and not using Mexico, etc. as an example unless you want to confound the reader) and force them to develop a solution absent a total ban on guns. That is a common ground.

There are over 6,500 Blog entries on the WSJ article on the NRA, and every one one of the Anti-2A posts either assumes a complete gun ban, relies on a complete gun ban, is a step towards a complete gun ban (e.g. a "registry, which by the way does nothing pro-active), or is an ad hominem attack or an emotional penalty box whine. They cannot formulate a rational solution, and it totally flummoxes the anti-2A.

As HotGuns states repeatedly "It's not about the guns. It's about control". Remember that. It is about control, nothing more, nothing less.

The Bloomberg 32 OZ Slurpee Fallacy.

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    You ABSOLUTELY have NOT & will NOT EVER hear me advocating for any firearm controls whatsoever!

I would be willing to bet that I'm more to the right "politically" and MORE "anti" gun legislation than anyone here. My stance is, "As an American citizen the only obstacle you should have to purchase, possess & carry anything to protect yourself & your family should be what you can afford to buy." (We just can't discuss politics)

-

Sorry, but I've gotta post this regardless of the outcome:

Ron Paul rips NRA plan for officers in every school

Distinguished Member Array brocktice's Avatar

Re: Ann Coulter: We know how to stop school shootings

Quote Originally Posted by ScottM View Post
    Sorry, but I've gotta post this regardless of the outcome:

Ron Paul rips NRA plan for officers in every school
    I generally like Ron Paul's positions on stuff like this, and I get his point, but I think he's overreacting a bit, especially considering how many schools already have officers around. Plus, the armed person(s) in a school need not be police.

OD*
    Gonna shut 'er down, till after Christmas.

Let's practice "Good Will To Men" (and Ladies) to each other for a while.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

Senior Moderator
    Plus, the armed person(s) in a school need not be police
    Where I live many teachers have CHL's. It would be a simple matter to let the ones that wanted to carry in school. It wouldnt cost a cent.

For that matter, I'd do a class for any teacher that wanted one...for free. Between myself and a few other officers, I'm quite sure that we could come up with some school specific scenarios to add to the training.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Sponsored Links