Capitalism at its best or worse...list your experiences

This is a discussion on Capitalism at its best or worse...list your experiences within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Check out Pmags on eBay. One local gun store has doubled is bulk .223 and 5.56 prices since last week. They also pulled their cheap ...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By OldVet
  • 1 Post By GeorgiaDawg
  • 2 Post By phreddy
  • 1 Post By mkh

Thread: Capitalism at its best or worse...list your experiences

Capitalism at its best or worse...list your experiences

Check out Pmags on eBay.

One local gun store has doubled is bulk .223 and 5.56 prices since last week. They also pulled their cheap ARs and only display their mid range ARs along with bumping their prices on them.

You know about the CTD issue and CDNN isn't taking internet orders because of the demand that they can't keep up with. Mags are getting hard to find as is ammo.

I'm sure you know of some price jumps etc too so let's get a thread going that lists all of the weirdness going on with gun and ammo prices.

P.S. I just got a new G19 and it looks like I will have to be content with the mags that came with it for a while. It stinks.
    Last edited by mkh; December 21st, 2012 at 09:46 AM.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Supply and demand--you demand ammo and ARs at any price, the suppliers are certainly going to oblige you. Fools rush in where the thrifty fear to tread. Ran this same cycle four years ago. I imagine a lot of people have shelves full of over-priced ARs and ammo from then that they could have bought at half that price last year.
    mkh and oneshot like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Two 30 round PMags on Armslist for... $240.

I agree with oldVet but I find it interesting to hear all the price gouging and nonsense stories.

Sponsor
    I really didn't expect it to go this crazy. I'm seeing lake city bullets (yes, just bullets, not loaded ammo) sell in lots of 1000 for what loaded ammunition cost 2 weeks ago..... I'll be sitting this one out with very few purchases (except on types of firearms/accessories that aren't seeing the massive price increase)

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    That's how these things work. If you were trying to sell an old phone on Craigslist and had 300 people fighting for it, would you give it to the first person to show up or would you take the highest bid? Companies do that, too. If people are willing to spend $50, $60, $70 or more on a PMAG, why wouldn't they be sold for that much? The prices start dropping when people stop buying. That's how it works.
    bombthrower77 likes this.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

I think we all know how it works, it's just gone completely berserk and I find it interesting to see what others find... it's mind blowing.

That said, maybe a few years from now we'll come back to this thread and think 'wow, that was cheap, I wish I had...'

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    It is certainly their perogative to raise prices as they see fit. There is a trade off though. People will remember those companies that took advantage of the situation and might change their buying habits in the future. Is the quick profit today worth the loss of tomorrow's customer? That is their decision.
    BigStick and Rock and Glock like this.

There is a trade off though. People will remember those companies that took advantage of the situation and might change their buying habits in the future.
    I have seen a lot of companies come and go in many industries due to predatory and opportunistic type behaviors. The markets are not dumb, and markets remember (sometimes)..........

The trick is to spot the bubbles before anyone else..............

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post

The trick is to spot the bubbles before anyone else..............
    Or wait until after the bubbles burst.
    Rock and Glock likes this.

Cheaper Than dirt jumped the price on Mini 14 30 round magazines to 4 times the price in their latest catalog. I decided to let them keep them.
    Semper Fi
    "Marines don't surrender-they win or die." from Brute

Links