Tragedy Response: Penn Jilette vs. 3 idiots - Page 2

Tragedy Response: Penn Jilette vs. 3 idiots

This is a discussion on Tragedy Response: Penn Jilette vs. 3 idiots within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; All the women do is lie, spread falsehoods, and speak without being informed, but notice how the audience applauds them. Easily convert a semi to ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: Tragedy Response: Penn Jilette vs. 3 idiots

All the women do is lie, spread falsehoods, and speak without being informed, but notice how the audience applauds them.

Easily convert a semi to a full automatic? That preys on women's general lack of mechanical knowledge.

Why did she need an AR? Ok, why do they "need" $500.00 shoes? They can go buy at Walmart for 25 bucks. Oh, they WANT those shoes? Well, I want my AR !

Why were the guns not locked up? Ok, why do plenty of people tend to forget to lock their cars at the mall or doors at home?

Their lack of knowledge and downright ignorance of facts speaks volumes about having probably been raised in luxury where simple things like security was provided by large locked gates, private security guards in their neighborhoods, and lack of real world experience.

Bark'n likes this.
    Fortune Favors the Bold!

I wish I was 1/10th as eloquent speaking as he is, my emotions always get in the way. Kudos for him even taking the gig knowing that he would be the only spokesman for reason. On another note Penn & Teller have a show on cable that is usually enlightening, informative, and usually entertaining, called BS (spelled out).

I just hate it when somebody interupts a clueless diatribe with commons sense and logic. The NERVE!
    KNOWLEDGE: A tomato is a fruit.
    WISDOM: Not putting a tomato in a fruit salad.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by steffen View Post
    I'm still sceptical of any reports that say the AR was even used.
    It most likely wasn't.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ju_NllT1iDo
    Here is a youtube with a NBC TV newsman reporting that there were 4, not two pistols in the school, and the so called "assault rifle" was found in the trunk of the car he used to get to the school.
    Pretty neat trick huh, to be able to run into the school, shoot everyone with the rifle, scatter the 4 handguns around, shoot yourself, then take the rifle back out to the car.

Yeah, right.

To the OP.
    It looked like He (Penn) stepped into a taping of the show, The View.
    1MoreGoodGuy and msgt/ret like this.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

It's a good thing that one from CNN is good looking cause she is about as dumb as a stump.
    lordofwyr likes this.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

mkh
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturmruger View Post
    Penn is very liberal but is also one of the smartest and most intellectual men I have ever seen. If people really cared about kids they would try to fix all the the other sad ways that kids die. I am pretty sure we loose more kids to drowning in buckets then we do to gun deaths.
    This whole thing is not about the kids ( though it should be) but rather it is about gun control. It's is just the latest thing that the liberal news media can use to push gun control and increase viewers.

New isn't about news anymore. It's nothing more than sensationalism and reality tv.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    It most likely wasn't.
    Here is a youtube with a NBC TV newsman reporting that there were 4, not two pistols in the school, and the so called "assault rifle" was found in the trunk of the car he used to get to the school.
    Pretty neat trick huh, to be able to run into the school, shoot everyone with the rifle, scatter the 4 handguns around, shoot yourself, then take the rifle back out to the car.

Yeah, right.

To the OP.
    But that's not what our supreme leader told us so that stuff in your post must be lies.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    It most likely wasn't.

Yeah, right.

To the OP.
    So how do we get the truth on this? I saw the video of them taking a rifle out of the trunk, but it was not an AR. This is the first I've heard of more than 2 handguns also. I hate our media. They have given so much bogus info on this it makes me want to throw stuff at the TV. But the I realize I am a rational person, and blaming an inanimate object for performing its function as designed would do no good...
    oneshot likes this.
    Walk softly ...

Something is rotten in Denmark. It looks like they are spinning this into an AR shooting.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigStick View Post
    So how do we get the truth on this?
    Read the autopsy reports when they come out, if they come out. That should clear up what people were shot with.
    HKinNY likes this.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Quote Originally Posted by ksholder View Post
    Read the autopsy reports when they come out, if they come out. That should clear up what people were shot with.
    Quote Originally Posted by d2jlking View Post
    Me too. What is the straight dope on the murder weapon(s) was it the handgun(s) or the AR?
    I don't think we will ever have credible evidence to determine what really happened. This tragedy is too politically significant for any sort of truth to be released to the public. Only source I would really trust about this shooting is wikileaks.
    oneshot likes this.
    The problem with gun control is that drugs are already illegal.

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    -
    Man, did they weight that panel to the yap-yaps. Penn handled the lip-flappers as best as he could, but that was a sham of a 'panel'. I don't think he even wanted to start fact-checking their wild misrepresentations...he likely realized that you can't argue with the clueless.

More pro-2A people should take a page from that man's book - stay calm...Don't be pulled into senseless bickering...Keep your facts straight. I hear too many 2A 'activists' recording their confrontations with LEO's who start to blather and argue instead of having a clear-minded verbal exchange.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Penn was awesome. He is the kind of INFORMED person we need talking on the news broadcasts. WE DO NOT NEED SENSATIONALISM from our reporters. GET THE FACTS FIRST then make or form your opinion. GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE...... PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE WITH GUNS. A gun is only a TOOL!

Re: Tragedy Response: Penn Jilette vs. 3 idiots

Smile. It makes people wonder what you are up to

Check out his Showtime series

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links