Tragedy Response: Penn Jilette vs. 3 idiots

This is a discussion on Tragedy Response: Penn Jilette vs. 3 idiots within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I could only watch part of it, I have some experience listening to garbled communications on HF radios but with all three hens cackling at ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: Tragedy Response: Penn Jilette vs. 3 idiots

VIP Member
    I could only watch part of it, I have some experience listening to garbled communications on HF radios but with all three hens cackling at the same time I could not make out their arguments. When Penn was able to squeeze in a few words he did have some very good points.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Wow, that Nicole Lapin outed herself as a COMPLETE moron within the first sentence... I wish everyone would do that, so I could turn off my brain when they talk immediately.

I have been a big fan of Penn (and Teller) for a long, long time. He's a smart guy, who can articulate his points.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Penn rocks! I'm a big fan of his show, Bull$hit! (Yeah, that's the name of it!)

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    Penn rocks! I'm a big fan of his show, Bull$hit! (Yeah, that's the name of it!)
    I wish they could have kept it going. It was both entertaining and informative.
    The problem with gun control is that drugs are already illegal.

Tragedy Response: Penn Jilette vs. 3 idiots

I make it a point to let people know that I do not own an Assault Rifle AR-15. AR is not an abbreviation for Assault Rifle. I get dumb, surprised looks when I tell them it is SemiAutomatic, ArmaLite Model 15 Rifle.

I can assault you with a 2x4 but Lowes is out of 'Assault 2x4s'

www.gwdeveloper.net
    Sent from Tapatalk...
    tony1990 likes this.

Wow while I thought Penn did a pretty good job he did miss one opportunity to really show them how stupid their thinking was. The woman from CNN started blaming the politicians. Penn should have said, If that's what you believe then we should throw Obama in jail as an accessory to murder, or at least launch a recall campaign against him because he is responsible for these deaths.

Think I will head to Lowe's and get a couple of Assault 2X4's before they are sold out.
    JoJoGunn likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Moops View Post
    Did she seriously claim that the CT shooter would only have been able to kill two people if he'd only been armed with a handgun? That all semi-automatic firearms can easily be converted to "machine guns"?

Wow. Just...wow.
    I quit watching shortly after that statement. It had become to painful very quickly.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    I had just eaten, so I had to turn it off early.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

He has a great deal more patience than I do. I would have left the instant I heard that horrible horse laugh at the beginning of the video.

Also, Nicole Lapin has to be one of the most stupid people I've ever heard. Apparently she can't even spend ten minutes on Google learning how guns actually work. The other two at least did some research about international gun laws.

Having said that, I agree with much of what they said about the mother. She knew her son was messed up, she should have secured or sold her firearms. I can only assume she was just as messed up as him.

I also agree completely with everything Penn said.

That was awesome! There they go again with the machine gun nonsense...

That one air-headed woman says every gun can be made into a "machine gun." Then she says that if the shooter had a handgun instead of a "rifle" then he would have only killed two people. Is she serious? What a brainless bimbo.

This woman is beyond stupid. I bet if she tripped over an "assault rifle" she wouldn't even know what it is.

People like these are going to yelp with emotion and not common sense. At least Teller got in a few points, but the cackling hens nearly shut him out.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

YouTube Full episode of "********" on gun control. When you are done with that, check out the one on bottled water.

Interesting stuff here. Pretty much confirms what we all know here, but they present in a way that is funny and informative. Bad language all over the place, but if you couldn't guess that from the title of the show, you are denser than those women Penn was just overrun by.
    Truth is treason in an empire of lies - Ron Paul
    No b@stard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb b@stard die for his country. - General George S. Patton

Senior Member Array xsigma40cal's Avatar
    Honestly, Penn is more libertarian. He's one of the cooler heads in this debate that needs to be listened too. We need him if we're to come out of this...at all.
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.--->Herbert Spencer

Springfield xd 45, Sig Sauer SP2022(9mm),Remington 700(.308), Yugo M10 variant w/IZH Kobra optic,...and lots of ammo for all of 'em.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links