Tragedy Response: Penn Jilette vs. 3 idiots

This is a discussion on Tragedy Response: Penn Jilette vs. 3 idiots within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I wish I could argue like Penn. I tend to agree with a lot of things that he says. Hot talk: Newtown School Shooting...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: Tragedy Response: Penn Jilette vs. 3 idiots

I wish I could argue like Penn. I tend to agree with a lot of things that he says.

Hot talk: Newtown School Shooting
    The problem with gun control is that drugs are already illegal.

Oh my God... All three of those women. Completely insane. They base everything they say on pure emotion with a complete disregard of facts. No wonder two of them were from CNN.

I was completely slack jawed watching that exchange.
    3wggl, nerdyvirgin, DC and 2 others like this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

These 3 would loose an argument with Teller, that is how clueless they are!
    Bark'n, Darrow75, ppkheat and 4 others like this.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

NMB
    Hes an outspoken libertarian. Very intelligent.
    NRA Member
    Certified Kitchen Gunsmith

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive."
    - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    Oh my God... All three of those women. Completely insane. They base everything they say on pure emotion with a complete disregard of facts. No wonder two of them were from CNN.

I was completely slack jawed watching that exchange.
    It probably sounds a bit weird, but I'm inspired by the way he stood up to them. Makes me want to go out and save a kid from drowning.

Penn is a very smart man, and articulates his points quite well. Thank's to years of stage performance.
    HKinNY and 357and40 like this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Did she seriously claim that the CT shooter would only have been able to kill two people if he'd only been armed with a handgun? That all semi-automatic firearms can easily be converted to "machine guns"?

Wow. Just...wow.
    LanCo_EMT, darbo and mano3 like this.
    "Your mind is the weapon, all the rest are just tools." --gasmitty

I created a twitter account just to tell him I was inspired and he replied to me publicly and said thanks! I feed pretty cool now.

Penn is very liberal but is also one of the smartest and most intellectual men I have ever seen. If people really cared about kids they would try to fix all the the other sad ways that kids die. I am pretty sure we loose more kids to drowning in buckets then we do to gun deaths.

Quote Originally Posted by Moops View Post
    Did she seriously claim that the CT shooter would only have been able to kill two people if he'd only been armed with a handgun? That all semi-automatic firearms can easily be converted to "machine guns"?

Wow. Just...wow.
    I'm still sceptical of any reports that say the AR was even used.

Penn is great. I don't always agree with everything he says but he always seems to have a well thought out argument.

Quote Originally Posted by steffen View Post
    I'm still sceptical of any reports that say the AR was even used.
    Me too. What is the straight dope on the murder weapon(s) was it the handgun(s) or the AR?

I was on a plane the day after it happened and had the unfortunate experience of staring at the news for 3 hours. It was communicated multiple times that the AR was found in the trunk of his car, however now I am hearing un-confirmed reports that it WAS used. In other words I have no idea.
    Dave

"When among wild beasts, if they menace you, be a wild beast."
    -Herman Melville

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Footslogger View Post
    I was on a plane the day after it happened and had the unfortunate experience of staring at the news for 3 hours. It was communicated multiple times that the AR was found in the trunk of his car, however now I am hearing un-confirmed reports that it WAS used. In other words I have no idea.
    I too am having trouble sorting the truth from fiction. The media and Obama have made this an assault weapon issue. Can anyone provide a definitive source?

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    I'm glad he stood up against the raging lunacy of those emotionally-based idiots, but it would've been nice had he spoken to the point of assault rifles in particular. He seemed to be having a hard time getting a word in, though, between the dumb statements and clapping by the sheep in the audience, but he made some good points when he spoke.
    Bark'n likes this.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links