Concealed carry 9mm - Page 3

Concealed carry 9mm

This is a discussion on Concealed carry 9mm within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Bersa Thunder 9 Ultra Compact Pro...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Concealed carry 9mm

Distinguished Member Array BurgerBoy's Avatar
    Bersa Thunder 9 Ultra Compact Pro
    Vietnam Veteran - 1966-1970 USASA
    Carry Pistol. Glock 23, .40 Cal.
    Carry Pistol. Glock 19, 9mm.
    Give me a minute before I post again.

Re: Concealed carry 9mm

If ur on a budget the sw9ve is a great 9mm for the price.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. " - Edmund Burke

Senior Member Array rugergunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackwidow007 View Post
    New to the forum, looking for a reliable, 9mm that is great for carrying but also fun to shoot. I have never purchased a 9mm before so want to hear what the forums thoughts are.
    Well, just like some other post said, there is a ton of them out there to choose from. I know some will think I'm full of it here, but if you are looking for your first 9mm pistol for carrying, I would give the G26 a close look. It is simple and easy to use under stress, accurate, and reliable as heck. JMHO.
    I would rather die on my feet, than to live on my knees.

Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    Some day, when I have bundles of money just sitting around waiting to get spent, I'm going to buy a CZ P-01 and carry it on occasion. I love my 75B and I think a P-01 would be a great carry weapon.
    +1 The CZ P-01 is a great carry weapon and also fun to shoot at the range. I have 3500 rounds through mine so far without a single problem.

Waiting for my CHL to show up from the state, in the mean time, I have been carrying my G19 Gen 4 around the house. I can make it work with slight adjustment to clothing. Went to gun show today, picked up a Kahr CW9 and it almost disappears compared to my Glock. Haven't shot the Kahr, but from everything that I've read, I'll be shocked if I don't like it. Depending on where I will be and what I am wearing, between the G19 and CW9 I should be able to CC with no issues. BTW, I'm 5'6" solid 170. That is why I wanted an alternative to the G19, I wear shorts/T-shirts 95% of the time. Do your homework, as other posters have said, many, many choices out there.

IMGP6426.jpg
    The wise man looks for ways to minimize mistakes, a fool boasts it will never happened to him.

"The problem is not the availability of guns, it is the availability of morons."
    - Antonio Meloni

Quote Originally Posted by 68blackbird View Post
    Waiting for my CHL to show up from the state, in the mean time, I have been carrying my G19 Gen 4 around the house. I can make it work with slight adjustment to clothing. Went to gun show today, picked up a Kahr CW9 and it almost disappears compared to my Glock. Haven't shot the Kahr, but from everything that I've read, I'll be shocked if I don't like it. Depending on where I will be and what I am wearing, between the G19 and CW9 I should be able to CC with no issues. BTW, I'm 5'6" solid 170. That is why I wanted an alternative to the G19, I wear shorts/T-shirts 95% of the time. Do your homework, as other posters have said, many, many choices out there.

IMGP6426.jpg

I'm jealous man, I ordered my kahr cw9 5 days ago and it's still not here, can't wait for it though. How do you like the trigger compared to the g19? That's the gun I've been carrying and shooting

Quote Originally Posted by Mjr_Fail View Post
    +1 The CZ P-01 is a great carry weapon and also fun to shoot at the range. I have 3500 rounds through mine so far without a single problem.
    I can't stress enough how underrated the P-01 is!

Back to the Op's question, my generic recommendation would be the G19 based on its simplicity and user friendliness. If that is too big, then go with the S&W Shield. I own all three of these guns mentioned.

Welcome and hello from the Panhandle of Florida! I'd say you can't go wrong with the Glock 19,that would include all four of the models(1,2,GEN3,and GEN4).

Quote Originally Posted by tommy62 View Post
    SR9c
    Ditto... in stainless! See pic to left, shown with extended magazine. It's much smaller with the 10 round mag installed.

glock26

PM9/CM9 or glock26/19 but I think I'm moving up to the xds 45 since I love the 45 but didn't like the size of 45 compacts when I first started carrying.

"People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people." -V
    "To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them."
- George Mason
    "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his house, his possessions are safe."
- Luke 11:21

Quote Originally Posted by AngryBadger417 View Post
    I'm jealous man, I ordered my kahr cw9 5 days ago and it's still not here, can't wait for it though. How do you like the trigger compared to the g19? That's the gun I've been carrying and shooting
    Have not had a chance on the range yet, but after many dry fires, I think I like the rather long, but smooth pull will be to my liking. It is gonna take many trips to range to get used to the to carry guns, G19/CW9, but can one get too much range time? I like having the options, not to mention the 1911 Combat Commander I have.
    The wise man looks for ways to minimize mistakes, a fool boasts it will never happened to him.

"The problem is not the availability of guns, it is the availability of morons."
    - Antonio Meloni

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links