Cdnn heads up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2

Cdnn heads up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a discussion on Cdnn heads up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; CDNN's treated me good over the years. I'm sure they are overwhelmed by panic buyers....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Cdnn heads up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CDNN's treated me good over the years. I'm sure they are overwhelmed by panic buyers.
    atctimmy, OldVet, darbo and 1 others like this.

Ex Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 357and40 View Post
    Attachment 65600'

That is what your image above reminded me of...

When the world is 'normal' ammo is always a good buy. It never goes bad, it ALWAYS goes up in price, and if you need cash you can easily sell 1000 rounds locally for quick, easy cash.

Administrator
    I try and cut the industry some serious slack when scares like this pop up. There is no way any retailer, distributor or manufacturer could have known this was coming. They are seriously understaffed and stocked for the spike in business due to the shooting, the liberals and holidays. People calling and calling does nothing but make things worse. If anything, it tells you that you need to keep supplies up if you intend on shooting throughout the crisis of all the johnny come latelys joining our party.

I ordered a handful of AR mags and a half a dozen M&P mags on Thursday from my normal supplier. I got an email Sunday night saying my pistol mags are on backorder. Funny thing is, on Thursday they showed in stock on the inventory sheet.
    Devilsclaw likes this.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Ex Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I try and cut the industry some serious slack when scares like this pop up. There is no way any retailer, distributor or manufacturer could have known this was coming. They are seriously understaffed and stocked for the spike in business due to the shooting, the liberals and holidays. People calling and calling does nothing but make things worse. If anything, it tells you that you need to keep supplies up if you intend on shooting throughout the crisis of all the johnny come latelys joining our party.

I ordered a handful of AR mags and a half a dozen M&P mags on Thursday from my normal supplier. I got an email Sunday night saying my pistol mags are on backorder. Funny thing is, on Thursday they showed in stock on the inventory sheet.

When told "WE NO LONGER OFFER THAT SERVICE ( updating if your order has been filled ) BUT WILL TAKE NEW ORDERS", or just hanging up on you THREE TIMES, obviously that isn't the brightest business decision this week. I will step out of the way and you can order to your wallets content.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by 1 old 0311 View Post
    When told "WE NO LONGER OFFER THAT SERVICE ( updating if your order has been filled ) BUT WILL TAKE NEW ORDERS", or just hanging up on you THREE TIMES, obviously that isn't the brightest business decision this week. I will step out of the way and you can order to your wallets content.
    I understand where you are coming from, and cant say I disagree. I'm just pointing out that the industry on a whole is overwhelmed, and got that way overnight. In times like this, cash is king.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I placed an order a few days ago for two mags myself. Not a panic order, though. I have a 30 year old Ruger pistol that shoots great but I just have one 9 rnd mag for it. I've been looking forever to get some more with no luck. Some sharp cookie at another forum gave me the link to CDNN and they were just about the only source I could find that had 'em (Ruger Mk I mags). Hopefully I'll get them soon, sucks going to the range and shooting 225 round thru a single 9 round mag.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Let's see you and probably 10,000 other people placed an order that day after the massacre,they are probably getting 500 calls a day about whats my order status/or will you have enough for me,I don't think losing you is really gonna hurt their wallet,Every other Vendor is swamped too.
    I guess if you really want to teach them a lesson when your stuff shows up just ship it back since you were treated so badly
    Backlogs are not the problem. The problem is rude treatment of your customers. A simple "Do to the number of calls and orders, we cannot research order status at this time" would be justified, and probably accepted by most people. Hanging up on someone is not justified and should not be accepted.
    Sontag, atctimmy, BIGSAM and 1 others like this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Backlogs are not the problem. The problem is rude treatment of your customers. A simple "Do to the number of calls and orders, we cannot research order status at this time" would be justified, and probably accepted by most people. Hanging up on someone is not justified and should not be accepted.
    You are 100% correct, archer51.

Rule 1: Perception is reality.

Rule 2: It's all in presentation.

I've been in sales for my entire adult career, and live by these 2 rules.

I'm working towards the same goal. I'm glad I bought a stripped lower back in early Oct this year!!! The other stuff I can wait patiently on. Parts I can get from a good source.

mc2
    Quote Originally Posted by 1 old 0311 View Post
    Check your credit card. They billed mine Monday. So it looks like they ARE answering phones, taking orders, billing cards cards, they just won't give you any info or ship.
    I placed my order on Monday 12/17 for a 30 round glock 19 mag, a 22 round Glock 23 mag, and a 17 round glock 19 mag... I figured that I would try to get one before they got banned and I also havent heard anything about my order.

I do see that they did however charge my credit card. I agree they should send an e-mail letting you know if they can fulfill the order, if the item is on back order, or if they cant.
    Last edited by mc2; December 24th, 2012 at 10:18 AM. Reason: mistake

Quote Originally Posted by mc2 View Post
    I placed my order on Monday 12/17 for a 30 round glock 19 mag, a 22 round Glock 23 mag, and a 17 round glock 19 mag... I figured that I would try to get one before they got banned and I also havent heard anything about my order.

I do see that they did however charge my credit card. I agree they should send an e-mail letting you know if they can fulfill the order, if the item is on back order, or if they cant.
    I totally agree. If a company can't fulfill an order then DON'T CHARGE MY CARD. Charge my card when you CAN fulfill the order.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

CDNN order cancelled 2 weeks late

Finally received the following email this morning from CDNN, 2 weeks after I placed a website order for pistol mags on 12/17 and got no response to my multiple subsequent emails/calls seeking to follow up (CDNN's website acknowledged the order and showed status as pending, but never moved further. Got plenty of CDNN spam in the meantime, though.):

"For reasons unknown to us your credit card has been declined. Your order has been cancelled and is no longer active. We sincerely apologize for the delay in notifying you. If you wish to place a new order at current pricing you will need to call 800-588-9500. Due to the ever changing market conditions we are not able to process your original order at original pricing. We appreciate your business."

Confirmed w/ my credit card company this a.m. that there has been no hold or declined charge from the credit card company (including w/r/t CDNN). CDNN customer service? Not so much. And their invitation to try to reorder at an inflated price? Well, CDNN claims to appreciate my business, but I don't appreciate the two-week delay only to cancel my order in favor of an attempt to gouge on price. When I have more business to transact, it won't be with CDNN . . .
    cmdrdredd likes this.

Distinguished Member Array brocktice's Avatar
    Sounds like they are reeling, and maybe not dealing with it very well. It has taken me 20-30 calls to actually get something besides a busy signal when calling Brownells the last couple of weeks, but they are courteous and never rushed once I actually manage to talk to someone.

Ex Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pacnw101 View Post
    Finally received the following email this morning from CDNN, 2 weeks after I placed a website order for pistol mags on 12/17 and got no response to my multiple subsequent emails/calls seeking to follow up (CDNN's website acknowledged the order and showed status as pending, but never moved further. Got plenty of CDNN spam in the meantime, though.):

"For reasons unknown to us your credit card has been declined. Your order has been cancelled and is no longer active. We sincerely apologize for the delay in notifying you. If you wish to place a new order at current pricing you will need to call 800-588-9500. Due to the ever changing market conditions we are not able to process your original order at original pricing. We appreciate your business."

Confirmed w/ my credit card company this a.m. that there has been no hold or declined charge from the credit card company (including w/r/t CDNN). CDNN customer service? Not so much. And their invitation to try to reorder at an inflated price? Well, CDNN claims to appreciate my business, but I don't appreciate the two-week delay only to cancel my order in favor of an attempt to gouge on price. When I have more business to transact, it won't be with CDNN . . .

That's the BEST part. They DO send out update sales adds 2-3 times a week but will NOT answer E-mails or give you status.

Ex Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Mommy, are we there yet? Mommy, are we there yet? Mommy, are we there yet? Mommy, are we there yet?

Get the picture? Blame it on the hoarding craziness.

No sport that gets classified as "POOR BUSINESS PRACTICES."
    BIGSAM likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links