How often do you offer to take someone new to the range?

This is a discussion on How often do you offer to take someone new to the range? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I try to introduce someone new to handguns to the joys of shooting as often as possible....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: How often do you offer to take someone new to the range?

Senior Member Array Kimberpackn's Avatar

I try to introduce someone new to handguns to the joys of shooting as often as possible.
    We should not forget that the spark which ignited the American Revolution was caused by the British attempt to confiscate the firearms of the colonists. -

Patrick Henry

Distinguished Member Array dangerranger's Avatar
    I am mostly a rifle shooter, But I have shotguns, and handguns. I do love to introduce new people to new guns. Its surprising to see who is really excited to shoot a Bufalo gun! I do have a few well tuned SAA Colts and copys that people are surprised at how easy to shoot they are. And how light and smooth the triggers are. A lot of folks have never felt a SA trigger before.They are so used to semi auto triggers. Ive also gotten to shoot a lot of interesting new guns, some of them I had never seen before! DR
    Jaybm likes this.

A few times a year...
    NRA Life / Endowment UT, FL, IL

VIP Member
    My range is in my back yard, and many first-time, as well as experienced shooters have passed that way.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Every time I go (which unfortunately isn't quite as often as I would like...)
    One Riot, One Ranger. Long live the Republic of Texas.

JOIN THE NRA AND DO IT TODAY!!

I have only been shooting since the end of September and I have already taken my roommate (twice), my sister (once) and a good friend's wife (once) to the range. My neighbor and I were supposed to go, but he had to cancel due to expenses. I will be taking my little brother and his girlfriend in a few days too!

Quote Originally Posted by Curzyk View Post
    I have only been shooting since the end of September and I have already taken my roommate (twice), my sister (once) and a good friend's wife (once) to the range. My neighbor and I were supposed to go, but he had to cancel due to expenses. I will be taking my little brother and his girlfriend in a few days too!
    You're doing it right. Stay safe!
    Curzyk likes this.
    One Riot, One Ranger. Long live the Republic of Texas.

JOIN THE NRA AND DO IT TODAY!!

Long time gun enthusiast, love clay target shooting, got interested in shooting handguns recently. Own six and have bought two this year and the wife and I shoot regularly. Talk of this at work got a couple of guys interested, and now they're shooting more. May even form a work "gun club". It's prolific!

I took my CCL class in 1996 at a popular shooting range in Plano, TX. At the time there were not a lot of people there; you could easily get a lane at 2:00 on a Saturday. It was mostly all guys, In my CCL class it was all guys - about 30 of them. Today the place is packed and there are as many women as there are men. I saw a couple who had to be in their 70's reviewing handguns to buy, fathers and sons shooting together, girlfriends and boyfriends, groups of guys, and groups of girls. Easily twice the foot traffic and these record gun sales are proof.

My father in law (76) just bought a home defense shotgun two days ago, his first gun. He took his brother and they both got one.

VIP Member
    Everytime one of my two daughters brings a new feller home to meet us.
    We just put him in the truck and drive down to the end of the lane,
    BurgerBoy and miller_man like this.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

I have one friend who goes shooting with me every few weeks. Was great to get him back into guns after many years away from them. We kind of compete to see who shoots better. Some days are diamonds and some days are stone but most of the time my day is diamonds lol. We took his parents and they had a blast since they hadn't shot in years. I don't have anyone else around me that is interested. My husband goes with me from time to time but since he went through the sheriffs academy years ago he already knows everything lol. It is great when I hear him ask what do I think of this or that. Because I read and read and read and ask questions I have information to share with those who know nothing or little about guns. I learn a great deal on forums just like this one. I think it is wonderful those of you who know things don't mind sharing with those of us that don't know. Have to admit it is a great thrill at the range to hear, " Am I doing this right? Or, " What do you think I am doing wrong?"

I love to shoot down in Springfield Ohio at the miami valley. The man that works there not only is a gun smith but has an impressive past such as sniper in the service and ex police officer. He is great help and I have great conversations with him. Being a woman not all men take me seriously. I store all the advice and information people give me to me share with others.

Honest encouragement is better than a kick in the pants any day of the week :)
    Our House Is Protected By The Good Lord And A gun. You Might Meet Both Of Them If You Show Up Inside My House Uninvited.

I actually took my daughter and her two girlfriends to the range for their birthdays. All live alone and were interested in getting their CCL. All are very responsible, it was a very enjoyable (and expensive) day for me. I hope they follow thru with their wishes and will help them any way I can. I couldn't believe my daughter when she shot my Glock, her response was " wow that's a lot louder than on television ". LMAO.

I try to introduce people I know really well to guns when appropriate. Once I get to know their opinion on guns I invite them to the range. Once I introduced a young kid at my old job to firearms. He knew I hunted and collected guns. Well I asked his parents since he was only 17 and they let me bring a few long guns over to show him how things work. After the introduction I was going to take him to the range. I also teach CCW classes so I know what I'm doing. Anyways, I found through talking to him and the questions he asked that he was not in the right mind to be handling guns. That right there made me rethink things when I introduce people to firearms.

i try to take someone new to the range every time i go. most of them are green to firearms.

Senior Member Array IAm_Not_Lost's Avatar
    1201121714.jpg

Newbie friend of mine, still working on the stance. Isn't she beautiful? Ahem..the Colt..no wait I mean the girl.
    "Brilliant. So now we got a huge guy theory, and a serial crusher theory. Top notch. What's your name?" - Paul Smecker

Ex Member
    5-6 a year. EVERYONE enjoys it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links