Story and video of long gun removal from trunk of Conn shooter. No what it appears.

This is a discussion on Story and video of long gun removal from trunk of Conn shooter. No what it appears. within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Ok guys this was posted on another forum and brings up some questions. There has been controversy surrounding whether or not a long gun, AR, ...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 4 Post By archer51
  • 2 Post By Landric

Thread: Story and video of long gun removal from trunk of Conn shooter. No what it appears.

VIP Member

Story and video of long gun removal from trunk of Conn shooter. No what it appears.

Ok guys this was posted on another forum and brings up some questions.

There has been controversy surrounding whether or not a long gun, AR, was used in the school as it was reported that an/the AR was removed from the trunk of the vehicle.

Watch this video closely

Growing Evidence an AR15 Wasn’t Used in Sandy Hook Massacre

Unless I am very mistaken the rifle being cleared by the officer is an AK variant as a matter of fact it looks like a Saiga. It clearly shows the officer using a side mounted charging handle to work the bolt. So either he did not use an AR or this is a secondary weapon.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    If that is the real video... that sure isn't an ar-15...
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

I posted this film earlier.....I can't tell 100% myself.....could be a shotgun (Saiga).....not sure from the pic....but that's just me.

VIP Member
    Well we all know how devious and evil Glocks are. It morphed into an AR15 for the shooting, then after Lanza shot himself, morphed back into the Glock.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

It seems odd, given the security procedures at the school that were supposedly in place, that the staff would "buzz in" someone carrying an AR type rifle at all. Assuming they were actually following their own procedures it is a lot easier to believe that an unknown person carrying concealed handguns would have an easier time gaining access. The nature of a mass murder, where no one is really resisting, can explain the high fatality rate even though handguns were the primary weapons. A shooter who isn't opposed can take time and make sure all his shots will likely be fatal.

FWIW, the weapon being cleared in that video is absolutely not a traditional AR type rifle.
    atctimmy and msgt/ret like this.
    -Landric

"The Engine could still smile...it seemed to scare them" -Felix

4 handguns recovered or 4 firearms? The weapon in the trunk was an AK variant. Can anyone shed some light on where the information came from that he used an AR?
    As we used to teach in the spook business, carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it you may shoot it. If you shoot it you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody - and he finds out about it - he may be very angry with you. -- Jeff Cooper

Everything went quiet about the incident at the school that occurred with him the day before the shooting.

That sure wasn't an AR or AK in the trunk, looked like a shotgun to me.

VIP Member
    Sorry XXX did not know it was already up. Have they decided what it is?
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Links