Advice on next 9mm purchase

This is a discussion on Advice on next 9mm purchase within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Not really sure how to title this so i'll explain. Before i purchased my glock 17 i went out and found the most lookalike gbb ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By gasmitty
  • 1 Post By bombthrower77

Thread: Advice on next 9mm purchase

Not really sure how to title this so i'll explain.

Before i purchased my glock 17 i went out and found the most lookalike gbb i could find that had almost all the same functions as the real deal. Well today im on the hunt for another 9mm, i prefer something small like a ppk or g26 etc. I would like to purchase a blank firing pistol this time that has the same look and feel if that's even possible?

I really like the walther p99 .40cal s&w (got to shoot one last week i fell in love with it) i like it more than my glock 17. I know umarex makes the p99 with 9mm blanks but it really doesn't have the same ops as the real deal.

I hope all this makes sense ?
    yes i am weird i like to try things before getting the real deal.

You're not weird, but you are kidding yourself that an airsoft gun has the same feel as a real cartridge firearm. They may look the same and even weigh close to the same, but when the real gun fires it most certainly won't feel the same as the toy. I'd invest more time in trying to find a gun store/range that rents a wide variety of guns, so you can truly fly before you buy.
    Se7en.US likes this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Why would you not go rent the guns at a range? This is like choosing a car purchase by playing Forza or Gran Turismo.

Re: Advice on next 9mm purchase

I should be more specific.
    I get the feel of the firearm, the externals, the holster etc. I should rent a gun but just don't have the time :(. I know a bb gun isn't the same.

Quote Originally Posted by sammage View Post
    Why would you not go rent the guns at a range? This is like choosing a car purchase by playing Forza or Gran Turismo.
    Dude, sweet analogy.

Hk p2000
    Se7en.US likes this.
    "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." ~ P. J. O'Rourke

Alright, gotta find a local range that can rent a walther ppk, g26 and hkp2000

Senior Member Array Kimberpackn's Avatar
    My advice would be to not get a 9mm. Try .40cal or larger.
    We should not forget that the spark which ignited the American Revolution was caused by the British attempt to confiscate the firearms of the colonists. -

Patrick Henry

I love .40 but .45 much much better :)

VIP Member
    I, too was less than happy with my Glock 17 for edc. I have carried a 19 easily for several years and really believed a 17 wouldn't be much different. Such was not the case. The extra grip length made concealment a much more difficult endeavor. Fortunately, I found a solution. Custom 1911-Glock- M&P's chopped my 17 grip down to a 19 length, and I have been comfortably and easily carrying it edc ever since. I have all the advantages of both a 17 and a 19 rolled into one. It is pictured in my avatar.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    I, too was less than happy with my Glock 17 for edc. I have carried a 19 easily for several years and really believed a 17 wouldn't be much different. Such was not the case. The extra grip length made concealment a much more difficult endeavor. Fortunately, I found a solution. Custom 1911-Glock- M&P's chopped my 17 grip down to a 19 length, and I have been comfortably and easily carrying it edc ever since. I have all the advantages of both a 17 and a 19 rolled into one. It is pictured in my avatar.
    Darn me. I just noticed the subject is incorrect
    Forgot to mention this will be a ccw handgun the larger guns don't conceal very well as im only 5'4 and i don't wear baggy loose fitted clothes.

Quote Originally Posted by Se7en.US View Post
    Forgot to mention this will be a ccw handgun the larger guns don't conceal very well as im only 5'4 and i don't wear baggy loose fitted clothes.
    Good luck on getting your CCW in LosT Angeles of all places! I used to live in between Santa Monica and Melrose on Van Ness, just across the street from Paramount studios! Don't miss that hell hole at all!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Se7en.US View Post
    You are right, the Glock 17 can be a tough conceal. The 19 is much easier.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    You are right, the Glock 17 can be a tough conceal. The 19 is much easier.
    I've never held a g19. I will add that one to the list. Thanks.

Sponsored Links