"Why do you need a gun if you don't want to kill?"

This is a discussion on "Why do you need a gun if you don't want to kill?" within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; "Why do you need a gun if you don't want to kill?" This is such an ignorant argument. I don't drink, yet I don't preach ...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Like Tree109Likes

Thread: "Why do you need a gun if you don't want to kill?"

Sly
    "Why do you need a gun if you don't want to kill?"

This is such an ignorant argument.
    I don't drink, yet I don't preach to others that they can't . I could use the same argument and say "Ban alcohol, why does anyone need to drink? Let alone more than 2 drinks. More than 10,000 people die each year from alcohol related incidences, 2,000 of which are children. Oh wait those deaths are not as sexy as a school massacre to promote one's agenda.

2. Remove Ads

I don't think any of us here have the thought of" I want to kill someone today." With that being said, myself, my family, and my friends are all important to me, and to be left with the choice of its me or him, I am going to do my best for it to be him instead of me or family or friends. I am prepared in case it were to happen and fortunately it has not happened and hope that it doesn't to me or anyone else. It may take a while to convince her but keep at it. It took me over two months to convince my girlfriend and now she is grateful for it.
    "As a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, I believe tougher enforcement of our nation's existing gun laws must be done before any more laws are enacted and put on the books."
    Jeff Miller

People don't plan to have a car accident when they leave home for work, but had an air bag and seat belt, in case they do.... to keep them safe.

People don't plan on their home being burglarized, but they have alarm systems and lock the doors, to try to prevent it.

People don't plan to have a heart attack and die today , but may take aspirin, exercise daily, or take blood pressure meds to try to prevent it.

People don't plan .... to have to defend themselves from someone meaning them great harm or death, or sticking a gun in their face and threatening to kill them, but many are prepared to stop them if they do.
    CharlesMorri likes this.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Links