If You Aren't An NRA Member...

This is a discussion on If You Aren't An NRA Member... within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Now is probably the time. While the organization is in no way perfect, it is the biggest game in town for lobbying for the rights ...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree130Likes

Thread: If You Aren't An NRA Member...

VIP Member

If You Aren't An NRA Member...

Now is probably the time. While the organization is in no way perfect, it is the biggest game in town for lobbying for the rights of gun owners. For much less than the current price of a thirty-round mag, an annual membership can be bought, and who knows, a year from now that mag may still be legal. Quit signing petitions which will be ignored, and sign a check and membership app instead. The NRA has ticked me off plenty in the past, but right now, it has my unqualified support.
    pir8fan, TX expat, mrm and 21 others like this.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

2. Remove Ads

Amen, brother.
    At this stage, if you own a firearm, you'd better join.
    The writing is on the wall.
    As my user name implies, I am a life member.
    Became endowment a few years ago when the upgrade was reasonably priced.
    No organization is perfect.
    We need strength in numbers and no 2A org is even close.
    The NRA has lead and will lead the actions to preserve and protect our firearms freedoms.
    If non-members don't hear the call and wake the FU, hard times await us all.
    Mike1956, BamaT and 1MoreGoodGuy like this.

Below is a link for a discounted membership ($25, save $10). I just gave the gift of an annual membership to a friend. At times like this it would be helpful to show an increase in NRA membership to demonstrate there really is support for firearms ownership in America!

https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/s...ignid=XC025146
    Mike1956 likes this.

If just 1/2 of one-half of firearm owners in this country were NRA members, this thread would not even be necessary.
    Sad ain't it?
    Mike1956, tokerblue and darbo like this.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    If just 1/2 of one-half of firearm owners in this country were NRA members, this thread would not even be necessary.
    Sad ain't it?
    Yup, an estimated eighty-million (not sure who estimated) gun owners in the US, and maybe four million NRA members.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar
    Anyone needing a sponser to go "Life Membership" ? PM me and I'll give you my number!

It is time the Gun Owners RU! and not be walked on by a group of mind num wanta-be J. Iscariot!
    Last edited by Rock and Glock; December 28th, 2012 at 10:37 PM.

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

I am pretty much a middle-of-the-road person politically. The NRA, much like many of the folks on this supposed carry-based forum, can seem a bit out in the ozone for me.

However, I do like having my CZ with a 14 round magazine, I do like being able to purchase what I think I want to shoot, and I do like being able to buy ammo with very few restrictions. So, thanks to Mike1956's reminder, I rejoined the NRA.

Thanks Mike...
    Honor is self-esteem made visible in action. - Ayn Rand

The NRA has ticked me off plenty in the past, but right now, it has my unqualified support.
    Same here. I've been a member for years and just re-upped again. I see this as a more effective way to fight this battle than jumping on some of the hastily crafted petitions and letters being circulated. All effort is good but I see the game being won if winnable by the big dog.
    Mike1956 and 1MoreGoodGuy like this.

My hat and magazine subscription is on it's way.
    Mike1956 and darbo like this.

I joined a few days ago for the reasons stated above.

For the past 20+ years I had avoided as much as possible anything that could link me to being a firearm owner (buying guns new, concealed carry license, etc.). However, the Aurora shooting prompted me to move forward with my concealed carry. With the current beating of the anti-gun drums, it's time to come out of the shadows and be counted before it's too late.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Sad ain't it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Yup, an estimated eighty-million (not sure who estimated) gun owners in the US, and maybe four million NRA members.

^Pretty pathetic ain't it^^^^^^^^^^^

Mike & G'man are right, get the word out, even for just one year, can you imagine if membership went from a little over 4 mil. to 8-10.
    Why just 10-15 years ago it was only @ around 2.5 mil.
    Lets get going people, sign up grandma and grandpa, brothers & sisters and kids.
    Mike1956 likes this.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

"The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

A friend/member offered me the lifetime NRA membership for $300.

Which would be better for the NRA, two 1-year memberships (my wife and me) or one lifetime membership (me)?

Don't say "both", I can't swing it...

Quote Originally Posted by TinsleyC View Post
    A friend/member offered me the lifetime NRA membership for $300.

Which would be better for the NRA, two 1-year memberships (my wife and me) or one lifetime membership (me)?

Don't say "both", I can't swing it...
    The two annual memberships are better for them. Assuming that you and your wife renew annually, it's recurring revenue.
    Mike1956 and P5 like this.
    "The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come." ~ Confucius

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cn262 View Post
    Below is a link for a discounted membership ($25, save $10). I just gave the gift of an annual membership to a friend. At times like this it would be helpful to show an increase in NRA membership to demonstrate there really is support for firearms ownership in America!

https://membership.nrahq.org/forms/s...ignid=XC025146

I just reupped my 5 yr. due this month and used the discounted form for two other annuals for F & family members.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Links