$300 Friends and Family NRA Membership Sponsorship Information

This is a discussion on $300 Friends and Family NRA Membership Sponsorship Information within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by spensergig I received a "NRA Online Transaction - Confirmation" from "auto-responder@nra-2013.org" at about 8:41pm on sunday 1/20. I recognize it, because others ...

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: $300 Friends and Family NRA Membership Sponsorship Information

Quote Originally Posted by spensergig View Post
    I received a "NRA Online Transaction - Confirmation" from "auto-responder@nra-2013.org" at about 8:41pm on sunday 1/20.

I recognize it, because others have forwarded me a copy of theirs, so I know it is legit.
    I does NOT, however, have any information telling me who signed up. (or any CC information, either, if any of you were worried.)

If you were the one who signed up, your transaction went through, and you should see it in your CC statement as "NRA Membership Internet".

If anyone else wants to use this method, please use your own email address, so you get the response directly.

Keith
    Did you receive an NRA Life Member number and have you been able to verify your membership status with the NRA?
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by 1MoreGoodGuy View Post
    Did you receive an NRA Life Member number and have you been able to verify your membership status with the NRA?
    I'm the sponsor. I'm trying to advise whoever had me "auto-sponsor" them to do some followup to be sure it went as planned.

New Member Array Xtrememtnbiker's Avatar

$300 Friends and Family NRA Membership Sponsorship Information

I PM'd you Keith. I think that was mine. I used my email address but have gotten nothing other than it showing up on my credit card statement. Not sure what to do now...

Thank you Keith! I am now a Life member. I have been wanting to do this for years.

Tracey

I really encourage you to do it online at the nra-2013.org site. It's faster, and I personally think it's completely safe. It's faster, and a LOT less hassle.

Keith Montgomery
    Life Member 39014129
    Zip code 34210

Please post if you use it.[/QUOTE]

Re: $300 Friends and Family NRA Membership Sponsorship Information

I just spent over 30 minutes on the phone before I got through - 11:00 am.

I needed to identify a specific person I was sponsoring.
    Now He'll have to spend similar time on the phone to complete his signup.

While I was at it, I asked why I had to be on the phone or call in for each person.
    I got a reasonable explanation (though I don't really agree with it), but they have now noted in my account that I can sponsor without calling in again - the member number will be sufficient.
    If that doesn't work, you can email me and I'll call again, but it may take a day or so.

I really encourage you to do it online at the nra-2013.org site. It's faster, and I personally think it's completely safe. It's faster, and a LOT less hassle.

Keith Montgomery
    Life Member 39014129
    Zip code 34210

Please post if you use it.
    Keith, thanks, new life member from Nevada here, online, fast and easy. Maybe we should all pass the hat and upgrade Keith to the endowment status ol' Wayne offers him when you log in?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Cazadores View Post
    Keith, thanks, new life member from Nevada here, online, fast and easy. Maybe we should all pass the hat and upgrade Keith to the endowment status ol' Wayne offers him when you log in?

Thanks, but please don't.

I'm glad to help.

Thumbs up

I just spent over 30 minutes on the phone before I got through - 11:00 am.

I needed to identify a specific person I was sponsoring.
    Now He'll have to spend similar time on the phone to complete his signup.

While I was at it, I asked why I had to be on the phone or call in for each person.
    I got a reasonable explanation (though I don't really agree with it), but they have now noted in my account that I can sponsor without calling in again - the member number will be sufficient.
    If that doesn't work, you can email me and I'll call again, but it may take a day or so.

Keith Montgomery
    Life Member 39014129
    Zip code 34210

Please post if you use it.
    Keith, thank you for the info - just upgraded my membership to life!

Thanks Keith!

Just signed my wife and I up....
    Thanks!

Sent from this using that.....

I notice under where it describes the gift memberships available online, it says that it is not available to current members? I bought a one year membership a while back. Has anyone who is a current member signed up for the life for $300 even though it says its not available to you? Thanks I'd like to take advantage of this offer I can.

Quote Originally Posted by njb8903 View Post
    I notice under where it describes the gift memberships available online, it says that it is not available to current members? I bought a one year membership a while back. Has anyone who is a current member signed up for the life for $300 even though it says its not available to you? Thanks I'd like to take advantage of this offer I can.
    Call NRA member services at 877-NRA-2000 and give them your member number and tell them you have a sponsor and would like to upgrade to a life membership for the $300 special. I would be happy to sponsor you. Go to the first post in this thread...my membership information is second from the bottom of the list in that first post.

When you get the NRA operator on the phone, ask them if they can apply your last membership payment towards the $300 life membership rate.

Good luck.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

1moregoodguy...thanks for the information. I went ahead and tried it online earlier using Keith Montgomery as a sponsor. I changed all of his info/address to mine and entered all of my credit card/billing info. After I submitted I got an email with his name on top thanking him for the transaction. For anyone who did it online, how long did it take before you got an email or info from the NRA addressing your lifetime membership? I always get nervous until I get some type of confirmation that the desired transaction successfully went through.

Thanks for the help guys.

For those using the nra-2013.org website...
    I'm getting a number of emails and PMs wondering if it went through.

It seems to be standard that the automated response is bland and simply tells the sponsor that a membership transaction has taken place. No info as to who the new life member is.
    I think that sucks, so I tried calling member services today. They're closed until monday.
    I went to the web site to see if there was an email I could send to, and found a phone number:
    "If you have difficulty using this website, you may take advantage of these special offers by calling Toll-Free, 1-(855)-NRA-2013."

I called and spoke to a very nice lady who could process the transaction, but could not tell me who I have sponsored so far.
    Might try that route, as you'll have a live person to discuss this with.

I was told that customer service opens on Monday at 7:30am.
    I'm going to call and ask them to change the auto-response to show WHO was signed up.
    Realistically, though, chances range from slim to none.
    I do plan to ask for a list of who I have sponsored to date (the list goes back to mid August, and a lot of folk just did it without needing to contact me.)
    No idea if that's available either.

Please be patient. The main thing I'm hearing is that they are swamped with new members.
    If you don't get anything within two weeks, call and ask.
    If you get further out and you're getting nervous and can't get answers, call your CC company and do a charge back.
    That will get someone's attention.

So far, no one has reported a true disaster. I think its just an offer that is going much better than they expected, and they aren't equipped to handle the load.

Keith

I used the NRA-2013 site and recieved the email you are all describing. I bothered Keith with a PM (apologies, you volunteered to help with your member number, not be a membership manager...) anyway I then went ahead and called NRA and after holding for about a half hour the operator indicated online membership signups should recieve an email in about 4-6 days, and a new member packet sent out sometime after that. If you do not get an email in about a week, call them back and they can look up your member # by name and city/address and potentially sort out any issues if necessary.

If you had done it by phone apparently it takes significantly longer.

So, save yourselves some time, and maybe free up a line for the currently inundated NRA call center (a good thing) by waiting a week, maybe even two, then call if you dont hear from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cazadores View Post

So, save yourselves some time, and maybe free up a line for the currently inundated NRA call center (a good thing) by waiting a week, maybe even two, then call if you dont hear from them.
    I agree. I just checked my CC online and knew the charge went through. If you see the charge, then just wait...it WILL come. It took about 10 days before my status changed on the NRA site.
    Patience is a virtue.

GeorigaCarry
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    GOA Life Member
    GeorgiaCarry.org Life Member
    Defender of the 2nd Amendment
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Links