New Firearm or Reloading Press? - Page 2

New Firearm or Reloading Press?

This is a discussion on New Firearm or Reloading Press? within the General Firearm Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Spovik Thanks everyone for the comments. There are so many good points and suggestions. Thanks for the link to the comparison PDF ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: New Firearm or Reloading Press?

Quote Originally Posted by Spovik View Post
    Thanks everyone for the comments. There are so many good points and suggestions. Thanks for the link to the comparison PDF though, that was very helpful. I was leaning towards Hornady already and that clinched it. I'm a fan of the LNL setup and for me.

...I might just have to bust out the plastic and get both the press and the pistol (ugh!)
    Your welcome. Glad to help pass on good info. Since you ARE breaking out the card, eh hem...I could use some stuff. LMAO!!!!
    NEVER point a gun at something you are not prepared to destroy!
    AND for GODS sake, get your finger off the trigger until you are ready to squeeze the trigger!

Reloading........
    An imperfect servant of my Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ

Buying American made, keeping Americans working
    ....Whenever I still can

What non-shooter are YOU planning on taking to the range?

I did end up going with the Hornady LNL just waiting for it and my bullets to come in. Recipe books, primers and powder are good to go, and brass is tumbling as I type.

Though I was tempted to let a .44 Super Redhawk follow me home I decided against that. I figure I'll be plenty of busy just trying to keep all this stuff straight. Thanks all for the suggestions and the helpful links!

Its fun to reload, you get away from the family and have fun

Problem with reloading setups right now is Cheap primers have been gobbled up and even the more expensive primers are gone,I'm sure you will be seeing some posted on Gunbroker for $60.00 1000 then you will have to pay a $27.50 hazmat fee to ship them,most of the powders that are the favorites for reloaders as far as economy have been out of stock.
    When ammo runs out on the shelves everybody then thinks I might need to reload,by that time every primer and common type of reloading powder is unavailable,even reloaders that buy bullets online find that they are sold out,so if you don't plan for it you get caught either way.I decided about 8 years ago to stockpile powder primers and brass,I also cast my own bullets so I'm not affected by the panic buying.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

One place I was at Saturday had Federal small pistol for $37 per 1000, I didn't think that was TOO bad, but that could just be me showing how green I am to the reloading scene.

My intention is not really to save money, but rather to teach myself a hobby and a skill. I have saved some brass so with the 600 free bullets from Hornady (press from press and 100 from dies) and the brass I already have, I don't feel like I'm too far in the hole.

I was going to buy something for Christmas so instead of a new gun mags, holsters, ammo, sights, I opted for the reloading rig.

One place I was at Saturday had Federal small pistol for $37 per 1000, I didn't think that was TOO bad, but that could just be me showing how green I am to the reloading scene.
    A pretty decent price considering every online retailer is out of them,and even when they aren't sold out run around $30 1000
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links